• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GDT 9 /25 BEAT L.A Bums @ SF Giants Barry Zito's last start

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well could this be the last start ever in a Giants uniform for Barry Zito. Say what you want but the Giants won two WS while he was here and he won game 5 last year in ST. Louis to bring home the NLCS. He went on to beat the mighty Verlander in game 1 of the WS last year.

He rode the roller coaster ,man. He finished the ride. He pitched every year and never turned down the rock. Yeah he made a lot of money but he had to go through some health problems in his family when he was getting roasted in the press and by the fans.

As they say... It is what it is. I thank him especially the way he shined last year when the chips were in the middle. Hey man, that was a big pot he delivered in game 5 in St. Louis and game 1 of the WS.

I wish him the best and I hope he wins tonight. Thanks go out to Barry Zito.

Go Giants !!

:suds::yo:

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got pulled for a ph, so no cheers or doffing the cap. Fitting I suppose. He was the incarnation of inconsistency.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barry was a class act, right up until the end. His on field postgame chat was a model of maturity and grace. I wish all our guys (and to be fair most of them are, we have a great bunch) were as legit as Zito. He was amazing in 2010 the way he handled his demotion, and of course he was heroic in the 2012 playoffs.

It's not his fault he got overpaid. He never snapped at the media or the fans, was a great supporter of our military veterans, was a great teammate and a great Giant.

His talent is all gone but he will be missed as a person. It's nice to root for a team with classy guys like Zito on it. Kind of cool his whole career will be on Bay Area teams. Who else can you say that about, among players that played for only 2 teams, how many played for just the 2 teams in their market?

Respect.

:clap:

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully the FO puts that freed up cash to GOOD use.

Band of Brothers

A Dreamer...trying to find my way home for dinner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good win

Zito got the win and he pitched pretty good. Another game that brought back memories of 2012. Giants baseball.

Go Giants !!

:10::panda::cloud9::thumb::rockon:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo: and a standing "O" for Zito. He probably had the most backwards career you could have after signing a massive contract, most times the guy you pay has a good season or two from the beginning of the contract, then slowly dies or crashes and burns soon after. Not Zito, he crashed and burned from the get go but emerged from the rubble without any complaint and led one of the greatest post-season runs we've seen. And then crashed and burned again.

But I have nothing but good things to say about him, he helped us win a title in 2012 and helped up win a title in 2010 too, we were just bad enough in 2007 to be able to draft Posey in '08. He was a true class act to the entire Bay Area and he has a spot in all of our hearts. And he beat the Dodgers in his final start, how cool is that?

Barry Zito, Wall of Fame bound :yahoo:

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:yo: and a standing "O" for Zito. He probably had the most backwards career you could have after signing a massive contract, most times the guy you pay has a good season or two from the beginning of the contract, then slowly dies or crashes and burns soon after. Not Zito, he crashed and burned from the get go but emerged from the rubble without any complaint and led one of the greatest post-season runs we've seen. And then crashed and burned again.

But I have nothing but good things to say about him, he helped us win a title in 2012 and helped up win a title in 2010 too, we were just bad enough in 2007 to be able to draft Posey in '08. He was a true class act to the entire Bay Area and he has a spot in all of our hearts. And he beat the Dodgers in his final start, how cool is that?

Barry Zito, Wall of Fame bound :yahoo:

Way more deserving than some on there, like Marvin freaking Benard... :doh:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Way more deserving than some on there, like Marvin freaking Benard... :doh:

Actually, it's about equally deserving as Bernard. Both shit, except one was overpaid and had more shots to be redeemed. Hmn, there's that divisonal game with the Mets for Bernard, which to be fair, I had to wiki to remember, but of course it won't trump an NLCS and WS appearance. One bed shitting from Zito in the playoffs would've been annihilation.