• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 9/1 COL @ SF

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So I guess Nate is pretty much done as a Giant, if bochy is afraid to use him as a defensive replacement in a one run game.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Nate is pretty much done as a Giant, if bochy is afraid to use him as a defensive replacement in a one run game.

I know, I found that odd too. I could imagine if he had nightmares of putting Ross back in RF, but Nate plays RF very, very well. Especially when the guy he replacing is Sluguillen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boch has a doghouse like the Black Flag Roach Motel.

Players check in, but they NEVER check out.

I think it is pretty set that Nate will not be back next year, and there is a pretty good chance that Ishi will be shown the door as well (If they REALLY want a bu 1B, give the job to Pill and save about $1M or give it Belt and see if he can take it outright -- and still save about $1M).

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know, I found that odd too. I could imagine if he had nightmares of putting Ross back in RF, but Nate plays RF very, very well. Especially when the guy he replacing is Sluguillen.

Unless something else was going on, it appears that Bochy doesn't want Nate's bat to even have a possibility of getting near the plate in a close game. All the more bizarre since Rowand was on the bench too. And Rowand......two more years?.....Hard to see how that will play out.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless something else was going on, it appears that Bochy doesn't want Nate's bat to even have a possibility of getting near the plate in a close game. All the more bizarre since Rowand was on the bench too. And Rowand......two more years?.....Hard to see how that will play out.

Probably with very little playing time for a guy making 12 mil per. It hurts, but slightly less than regular at bats for him. He has been in a Zito situation almost since day one where it could never be possible for him to live up to his contract. Maybe that realization will relieve some stress like it did for Zeets at the beginning of this year, but I won't hold my breath. Especially because I think both of them still put too much pressure on themselves. How could they not?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it possible that Guillen pouts when he is taken out for a defensive replacement, and Boch does not want to set off fireworks in the dugout?

If so...

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be a professional. He does realize he is injured and playing in one of the biggest right fields in the league, right?

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Boch has a doghouse like the Black Flag Roach Motel.

Players check in, but they NEVER check out.

I think it is pretty set that Nate will not be back next year, and there is a pretty good chance that Ishi will be shown the door as well (If they REALLY want a bu 1B, give the job to Pill and save about $1M or give it Belt and see if he can take it outright -- and still save about $1M).

No doubt true about bochy. Although Sabean has never missed a chance to marginalize Nate's minor league numbers. If I were Nate I'd try to play CF in winter leagues as much as possible. And yes, Ishi's done too. The only way either was going to stick was to force it despite all the jimmy-jacking.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably with very little playing time for a guy making 12 mil per. It hurts, but slightly less than regular at bats for him. He has been in a Zito situation almost since day one where it could never be possible for him to live up to his contract. Maybe that realization will relieve some stress like it did for Zeets at the beginning of this year, but I won't hold my breath. Especially because I think both of them still put too much pressure on themselves. How could they not?

A lot of people can't handle the pressure of living up to high expectations. I think that's true for Zito and Rowand. Other's thrive on it... Bonds comes to mind.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You know, watching it again, I think they may hate each other. They are fighting the whole time.

I sense a Bonds/Kent moment coming REAL soon...

Somehow that gif conjured a totally different thought at McCovey Chronicles.

Some of the gifs that follow are hilarious. 2000 post post-game thread, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somehow that gif conjured a totally different thought at McCovey Chronicles.

Some of the gifs that follow are hilarious. 2000 post post-game thread, btw.

There are certainly times I am embarrassed that I am from the bay area...

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally off topic...

Couldn't they provide the link to the main Giants page at the bottom of the thread like they do on ESPN and RunBoard? Having to scroll all the way to the top to navigate is kinda a pain...

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There are certainly times I am embarrassed that I am from the bay area...

(not that there is anything wrong with that)

Well, it is a good thing that most of those people responding are women. I should have put that into context. But, as you say, even if not.....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Totally off topic...

Couldn't they provide the link to the main Giants page at the bottom of the thread like they do on ESPN and RunBoard? Having to scroll all the way to the top to navigate is kinda a pain...

I pretty sure they can. And, I agree, having to scroll all the way back up is not ideal. Maybe there's a keyboard short-cut?

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did CarGo want the ball? And I think are saw you in the replay, are you the guy cowering behind a girl?

his first career 30/30

LMFAO. actually, i have long hair, i might be the girl you saw

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
his first career 30/30

LMFAO. actually, i have long hair, i might be the girl you saw

Ah, that makes sense. Beane really blew it letting that guy go. Ok, I'm going to rewind the tape now.....

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
BusterFuckingP twitter feed.

What's more impressive is Darren Ford ran here from the airport, too.

Love Fontenot, he was great in Lord of the Rings.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally off topic...

I've asked the board director to see if this could be done as I think it's a good idea. I'll let you know what I find out Cal.

Last edited by a moderator: