• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (8) - 10/28 Sharks at Red Wings - 4:30PM

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sharks.jpg

4-3-0
@

DetroitREDWINGSlogo.gif

5-2-0

Projected Lines:
LW Henrik Zetterberg, C Pavel Datsyuk, RW Dan Cleary
LW Jiri Hudler, C Valtteri Filppula, RW Johan Franzen
LW Justin Abdelkader, C Darren Helm, RW Todd Bertuzzi
LW Tomas Holmstrom, C Drew Miller, RW Patrick Eaves

Projected Defense Pairings:
Nicklas Lidstrom, Ian White
Niklas Kronwall, Brad Stuart
Jonathan Ericsson, Jakub Kindl

Goalies:
Jimmy Howard

- Mike Commodore (sprained MCL) is hoping to be available to play tonight.
- Wings on a 2 game losing streak.
- Torrey Mitchell will not play tonight.

Yahoo Preview

"Coach Mike Babcock plans to change some of his line combinations in preparation for San Jose, though he kept his top forward unit of Henrik Zetterberg(notes), Pavel Datsyuk(notes) and Danny Cleary(notes) intact in practice Wednesday."

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Possible Demers-Braun third pairing on defense tonight. If Demers can get back to how he was playing last year this could be a good combo.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possible Demers-Braun third pairing on defense tonight. If Demers can get back to how he was playing last year this could be a good combo.

I really think that Demers and Vlasic were synergistic last year. They need to put that line back together in my humble opinion. Burns will still get his minutes playing on PP1 unit. Let Burns settle down and come into his own.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just posted over in the other thread... I hate that pairing against Detroit... It might work against other teams but Braun had some horrendous game(s) last year vs. Detroit. They skated circles around him and he was completely lost, IIRC.

Demers-Braun pairing would get scored on every shift, pretty much (slight exaggeration, sue me).

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Todd keeps Braun away from Datsyuk/Zetts, he might do okay. Being that it is a road game, that may be hard to do. I'm nervous for that combo. One because Demers hasn't been playing well, two because you never know what you get defensively from Braun each shift. He's just young and inconsistent.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's kick some ASS tonight!

No turnovers PLEASE, AND PLEASE NO DROP PASSES NEAR THE BLUE LINE, thank you.

Let's Go SHARKS!!!

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's kick some ASS tonight!

No turnovers PLEASE, AND PLEASE NO DROP PASSES NEAR THE BLUE LINE, thank you.

Let's Go SHARKS!!!!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be an interesting game. The Sharks actually have a 3 game winning streak in Detroit in the regular season and have 2 playoff wins there the last 2 seasons as well, so Joe Louis isn't the house of horrors it used to be although I'll stop short of saying I expect the Sharks to win a game there. But they can definitely do it. Gotta figure that Detroit is going to come out firing as they've had 2 days off and lost 2 games in a row. The Sharks also have had 2 days off so they should be able to keep up, they're gonna have to limit turnovers and bury their chances if they want to improve to 4-0 on the road trip.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Detroit. I am not a fan of a Demers-Braun pairing either but I guess if you want to see what the kids have you have to throw them in there head first sometimes. If Braun wants to stick with the club he's got an opportunity.

LET'S GO SHARKS!!!

MrFlyingV

Flying V God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just posted over in the other thread... I hate that pairing against Detroit... It might work against other teams but Braun had some horrendous game(s) last year vs. Detroit. They skated circles around him and he was completely lost, IIRC.

Demers-Braun pairing would get scored on every shift, pretty much (slight exaggeration, sue me).

Actually it Mike Moore that got eaten alive by Zetts/Dats in that first game last year. That was the only game I attended live last year and he was bad. Braun might have been in that game too as the Sharks had some blue line injuries that night. Other than that game, they handled the Wings in the regular season.

P.S. Dan Cleary on the top line? Wings are getting a bit thin..

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It really should be Vlasic and Demers, VLasic needs to be saved from the grenade that his Burns on defense

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least the Sharks showed up for half that period, eh?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Havlat is the sharks poor mans version of Datsyuk i think, or a healthy fully developed Milan Michalek with better hands and a better slap shot

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's amazing how easily Marty Havlat takes the middle of the ice in the offensive zone