• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (72) - 3/19 Ducks at Sharks - 7:00PM

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry had to go put my son to bed... What's happened the 5 mins? I see they missed a PP?

By the way, giving up back to back goals including one right after your top 6 scored to make it a game is far from a "bad shift". When your bottom six are a combined -6, that's the difference the game. Those two goals that moore/mitchell gave up were the main reason the sharks lost. The top 6 did their job. They outscored their opponents' top 6 3-2 (goals by pavs, clowe, havlat vs. ryan and perry). . Its not reasonable to expect the sharks top 6 to score 4 or 5 goals in a game and they can't make up for the bottom six giving up multiple goals and never, ever, ever helping out offensively.

I fail to see how the "whole team" can be blamed when the top 6 won and the bottom 6 lost.

Just to clarify it was the Thornton - Pavelski - Couture line that was on for the 1st Ducks goal that came the shift after the Sharks scored.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bonino is nothing special, though I'd rather have him than any of our bottom 6 right now.

I'd rather have him than our #1 Center too. Then we'd have about $6million to work with to buy something better. Jumbo had the worst game of all the Sharks forwards. He was a -1, had ZERO shots on goal and got kicked out of 3 important faceoffs.

What's your point?

Also, Doug Murray needs to be taken off of the PK asap.

Last edited by a moderator:

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? In what world did the Sharks have a chance to draft Fowler? They drafted Coyle over Emerson Etem.

Are we just going to keep taking blind stabs until something hits?

Damnit, filo.. you are right again. Ugh, sorry. I totally thought he was there in some draft and the Sharks passed on him but doesn't look like it, eh?

OK, I'll shut up now. Is there an icon for walking-away-with-tail-between-legs? :p

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damnit, filo.. you are right again. Ugh, sorry. I totally thought he was there in some draft and the Sharks passed on him but doesn't look like it, eh?

OK, I'll shut up now. Is there an icon for walking-away-with-tail-between-legs? :p

lol, sorry dude. Pissed off at the Sharks, not you. My bad, they need an icon for being a stupid dickhead (me).

Have a goodnight brotha. Go give your daughter a kiss on the forehead. :)

naes666

Fuck Raffi Torres
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please donate to get the whole team Scorpion jackets...so they can haz Stanley Cup...

random-dudes-wearing-drive-scorpion-jacket.jpg

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting to think its the Sharks chef who feeds the players for the sluggish play. Has anybody ever ate at High Five pizza? Everytime I had a pizza from there I get tired, so maybe there is something to that. Chef Miles is the owner and has become the Sharks personal chef. Maybe his cooking is the problem.

Hell I'm running out of people to blame for the reason for the Sharks suckness.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, sorry dude. Pissed off at the Sharks, not you. My bad, they need an icon for being a stupid dickhead (me).

Have a goodnight brotha. Go give your daughter a kiss on the forehead. :)

Haha.. nah, you're good at setting me straight and I appreciate (and deserve) that, no worries.

And yes, the Sharks.... ugh... I'm still upset. I might root for the Kings and switch teams tomorrow for good. LOL!

Let me sleep on it... and yes, good night to all. And thanks for the daughter comment.. she's a trouble maker but well worth the trouble... she'll wake up soon and cry her way into our bed and another half-sleepless night will go on, etc. Oh well... she's just a kid, what does she know about sleeping through the night.. :L

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As big a game as this was, tomorrow night is twice as big. Must beat the Kings. Excited to see Carter/Richards cause they will be a scary tandem for the next few years.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
First 3 goals by Nemo were all his fault, no one in front of him. All piss poor rebounds creating more problems for his team and himself

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I go to a Sharks game and they lose. Brutal.
Man why can't we ever step up against the Ducks?

Niemi sucked out loud tonight and Greiss should've stopped that one goal against him. I was in the perfect spot to see all the daylight between Greiss and the short side he got scored on.

I guess I'm a little grumpy too because I had two girls that sounded like Boxxy and Snooki at 95 dB yelling in my ear from behind me for most of the game .

"Who's the Captain?"
"Oooh, pass it to that guy!"
"Oooh that guy's cute. Is he married?"
"Punch him! Punch him!"
"Ha! They got a guy wearing #69! That's so funny! OMG!"
Et cetera.

I felt like I was in the children's section. I was surrounded by kids on every side.
Most of them were playing on their phones while the game was on. They certainly like standing up so I can't see when someone shoots a puck though.

Anyway that game sucked and I'm pretty irritated with any forward that wears a C or an A on their sweater. Dan Boyle shouldn't need to punch anyone on his own team to get a leader to step up and make things happen.

Most of tonight, Thornton looked as enthusiastic as a guy waiting for the MUNI.
Where's the urgency?

What a disappointment after beating Detroit in OT.
Oh well, at least the middle aged raver with the blue hair trying to liquid for a PS3 was funny.

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just to clarify it was the Thornton - Pavelski - Couture line that was on for the 1st Ducks goal that came the shift after the Sharks scored.

Don't get me wrong, jim bob's line was not too good. Cooch and jumbo specifically definitely not good, but its impossible to be real good every night. Cooch was point per game avg the previous 4 games and jumbo had 6 pts in those 4 games. They had an off game, but they were carrying the team before...Someone else has to step up here and there. In this game, clowe and havlat DID step up, They created the magic 3 goals with clowe in on all 3. They alone outscored the ducks' top 6 forwards, while matching up against them.

If our bottom 6 and their bottom 6 both go scoreless against each other, the sharks win this game 3-2. But when Mitchell and Moore are on the ice for 3 goals against and zero goals for in 11 or 13 minutes of ice time, that is the difference in the game. I can't see any way around it.

Blame jumbo. Blame the Todd. But at the end of the day, the 3rd line was -3. (if you include the ducks lone PP goal which was totally blown coverage in front because moore was slow to collapse and murray was anticipating wrongly). It's not by chance that the sharks have not scored more than 3 in well over a month and exactly corresponding to the day of Moore's arrival. hell of a coincidence...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sharks just Sink or Swim with how their goaltending plays. Niemi was average at best, but I wonder if he was injured once he was runned over in the 1st period. He skated behind the net and was bent over collecting his thoughts for a minute before he went back into the net.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking on the bright side...
MARTY FUCKING HAVLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oh yeah!!

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Don't get me wrong, jim bob's line was not too good. Cooch and jumbo specifically definitely not good, but its impossible to be real good every night. Cooch was point per game avg the previous 4 games and jumbo had 6 pts in those 4 games. They had an off game, but they were carrying the team before...Someone else has to step up here and there. In this game, clowe and havlat DID step up, They created the magic 3 goals with clowe in on all 3. They alone outscored the ducks' top 6 forwards, while matching up against them.

If our bottom 6 and their bottom 6 both go scoreless against each other, the sharks win this game 3-2. But when Mitchell and Moore are on the ice for 3 goals against and zero goals for in 11 or 13 minutes of ice time, that is the difference in the game. I can't see any way around it.

Blame jumbo. Blame the Todd. But at the end of the day, the 3rd line was -3. (if you include the ducks lone PP goal which was totally blown coverage in front because moore was slow to collapse and murray was anticipating wrongly). It's not by chance that the sharks have not scored more than 3 in well over a month and exactly corresponding to the day of Moore's arrival. hell of a coincidence...

The PP goal was a missed coverage by Murray. Moore's responsibility was the high forward who was breaking to the slot and he was in position to cover that passing lane. That goal was also on Neimi.

The coaching staff choked and a couple dumb defensive breakdowns is all there was to this game. The first 12 minutes of the game the top 3 lines were all playing strong. Two or three sketchy shifts in a row an they throw the game plan out the window and start making unnecessary adjustments to the lines. Putting Ferriero on a line that you're matching up against Bobby Ryan/Nick Foligno or Ryan Getzlaf/Corey Perry is just a loss waiting to happen. Had the coaching staff stuck with the lines and line matching that they started the game with the end result would have been different.

koblix

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks would make the playoffs if they play against the Sharks all season. Everyone beat a shit out of them except us.

KillerVee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again I go to a Sharks game and they lose. Brutal.
Man why can't we ever step up against the Ducks?

Niemi sucked out loud tonight and Greiss should've stopped that one goal against him. I was in the perfect spot to see all the daylight between Greiss and the short side he got scored on.

I guess I'm a little grumpy too because I had two girls that sounded like Boxxy and Snooki at 95 dB yelling in my ear from behind me for most of the game .

"Who's the Captain?"
"Oooh, pass it to that guy!"
"Oooh that guy's cute. Is he married?"
"Punch him! Punch him!"
"Ha! They got a guy wearing #69! That's so funny! OMG!"
Et cetera.

I felt like I was in the children's section. I was surrounded by kids on every side.
Most of them were playing on their phones while the game was on. They certainly like standing up so I can't see when someone shoots a puck though.

Anyway that game sucked and I'm pretty irritated with any forward that wears a C or an A on their sweater. Dan Boyle shouldn't need to punch anyone on his own team to get a leader to step up and make things happen.

Most of tonight, Thornton looked as enthusiastic as a guy waiting for the MUNI.
Where's the urgency?

What a disappointment after beating Detroit in OT.
Oh well, at least the middle aged raver with the blue hair trying to liquid for a PS3 was funny.

Meh, if you got a problem with your seats, I'll take them off your hands for you..