• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 7/27 Bums at Cainers

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nope. Not when Hanley is going to be doing something in nearly every game to piss me off.

You're both right. Hanley is not Arias, he just showed that. Is He Hanley that he was 2 years ago? Probably not, but he can hit you where it hurts, bad. Arias will never, in a game, batting practice, with a bazooka, lift a ball out of AT&T.

I don't think he's worth what he's getting paid, and in the end, that's what it cost to get him.

All this means is we need to make a corresponding move. Even if we get swept, this aint over, but we need more O. Scutaro off the bench is a start.

PS: That was exactly why Romo should never close. That Frisbee slider of his is just too prone to getting jacked.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're both right. Hanley is not Arias, he just showed that. Is He Hanley that he was 2 years ago? Probably not, but he can hit you where it hurts, bad. Arias will never, in a game, batting practice, with a bazooka, lift a ball out of AT&T.

I don't think he's worth what he's getting paid, and in the end, that's what it cost to get him.

All this means is we need to make a corresponding move. Even if we get swept, this aint over, but we need more O. Scutaro off the bench is a start.

PS: That was exactly why Romo should never close. That Frisbee slider of his is just too prone to getting jacked.

We all used to say that, but that slider has been absolutely unhittable against righties this year...until tonight. I was actually happy he walked Ethier, with the righty Hanley due up next.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_m74vvbf8WF1ru5ngco1_1280.jpg

yodahitit.gif

I needed a laugh.

I'm out. :)

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

The fucking bottom line is he is better than what the dodgers had. And then he has the added benefit of being able to carry a team for a few days/week. That's huge. The downside is his salary, which will be of great comfort to us all, if the dodgers make the playoffs. HaHa - you guys are so inefficient!

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We all used to say that, but that slider has been absolutely unhittable against righties this year...until tonight. I was actually happy he walked Ethier, with the righty Hanley due up next.

Yep.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fucking bottom line is he is better than what the dodgers had. And then he has the added benefit of being able to carry a team for a few days/week. That's huge. The downside is his salary, which will be of great comfort to us all, if the dodgers make the playoffs. HaHa - you guys are so inefficient!

Would you have traded for Hanley if it meant no Melky extension? Not that there is one, but I promise you the Jews in that FO would use that contract as justification for letting him walk, and its not debatable Melky > Hanley

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Would you have traded for Hanley if it meant no Melky extension?

Why are you connecting Melky to Hanley? His impact as a dodger is the only thing being discussed here.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Eithier is called out 50% of the time in that location.

numlocation.php

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you have traded for Hanley if it meant no Melky extension? Not that there is one, but I promise you the Jews in that FO would use that contract as justification for letting him walk, and its not debatable Melky > Hanley

Really?

Really?

In 2012?

Wow.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eithier is called out 50% of the time in that location.

numlocation.php

I was hoping this plot would be up when I got home. It looked to me like Posey didn't move the glove and it was strike three.

Oh, and HanRam? Sure, he hit a bomb, but lets see if he "carrys the team" for a week. And also, let's see how Eovaldi does in Miami.

That was a bad trade that yielded good results for them tonight. The ultimate SSS.

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Really?

Really?

In 2012?

Wow.

Were you all not telling Cam to lighten up when 'Gay' terminology is used?

My B if you found it offensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I was hoping this plot would be up when I got home. It looked to me like Posey didn't move the glove and it was strike three.

Oh, and HanRam? Sure, he hit a bomb, but lets see if he "carrys the team" for a week. And also, let's see how Eovaldi does in Miami.

That was a bad trade that yielded good results for them tonight. The ultimate SSS.

So hanram was signaling to you when he was rounding the bases?

1phlapdown

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have no idea! I have been here since college and my wife is a dodgers fan...I get it all the time, flak jacket stays on even inside my house for fear that my wife decides to shank me after one of the many giant victories vs the bums.
I have to get these Lorena Bobbitt thoughts out of my mind. :shudder:

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is just horrible.

:L:L:L

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is that Scutaro plays 2B and SS and the Giants need a 3B and a RF.

Scutaro can play anywhere except P and C. He'll be seeing a lot of 3B the next week or so as it looks like Panda is headed to the DL.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

????

Do we have "Jews" in the front office?

Does it matter that we do?

????

Edit: I see now that I'm repeating what tzill and Mays posted...Don't mean to throw more gasoline on, but damn that was a dumb-ass post.

Last edited by a moderator: