• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (42) - 1/15 Sharks at Blackhawks - 4:00PM

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wingels! We're back in this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cmon sharks, you can tie this one up.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply put the Sharks weren't willing to put in the effort needed to win this one. They have no one to blame but themselves. Chalk up another big fat L against the Blackhawks.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, they made it interesting dispite playing like poop.

Mr. Teal

Non-tipper
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good surge on the empty net power play in the end but too bad it wasn't enough.
Oh well... next game.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:ballchain:

Agree or disagree, but after watching this game, its clearly evident that the Sharks need more team speed. The Blackhawks had everything working for them, and it seemed like the Sharks were always a foot behind. I don't think the Sharks can compete against the Hawks if games are played like this last one. Plus the Blackhawks were withoutv Sharp too. The chances were there for the Sharks to score, but when you are chasing most of the time, its not going to be pretty. I know you cant always bring your A Game, but Chicago's stars rose up during the whole game, and the Sharks stars came up in spurts.

But I do believe that Doug will have to make a tough choice, during the trade deadline to make the right moves. I don't make much faith in Havlat making the team more dangerous when he returns.

I just HATE when we lose to the HAWKS! :mad:

madcap9999

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
More team speed, and how about any semblance of a decent POWERPLAY. I'm so tired of watching the same PP crap out each game. They are so talented and it's all going to waste.

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:ballchain:

Agree or disagree, but after watching this game, its clearly evident that the Sharks need more team speed. The Blackhawks had everything working for them, and it seemed like the Sharks were always a foot behind. I don't think the Sharks can compete against the Hawks if games are played like this last one. Plus the Blackhawks were withoutv Sharp too. The chances were there for the Sharks to score, but when you are chasing most of the time, its not going to be pretty. I know you cant always bring your A Game, but Chicago's stars rose up during the whole game, and the Sharks stars came up in spurts.

But I do believe that Doug will have to make a tough choice, during the trade deadline to make the right moves. I don't make much faith in Havlat making the team more dangerous when he returns.

I just HATE when we lose to the HAWKS! :mad:

It's not just team speed. They can have all the team speed in the world but what is a group of Torrey Mitchell's going to get you? The Sharks need more of their skill players to have, and be able to play with, speed. Burns, Havlat, and Marleau are the only skill players the Sharks have with good speed.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Typical Sharks game against Chicago. I don't know why they always play like shit against this team. Chicago is not that much better than the Sharks. But you see the way Chicago plays against San Jose and it makes you wonder how the hell do they ever lose a game.

ahhhhhhhaahahahahhahahhahahaha I dont know if im laughing so hard cause of the "chicago is not much better tha the sharks" comment or cause im plowed.... eaither way im my head im thinking, I won $50 betting a hawks fan for the hawks to WIN... He was blinded by the 6-0-1 recent record of SJ... I love my team but man, to say " chicago is not much better thean the sharkrs" are you kidding me?? on paper vs is on ice is one thing, but you really think even on paper chi is "not that much" better then SJ?? As much as it pains me to say, the ONLY dept SJ is better then Chi is in goaltending and thats cause crawford is in the sophmore slump... down the road I think he's better then Niemi...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ahhhhhhhaahahahahhahahhahahaha I dont know if im laughing so hard cause of the "chicago is not much better tha the sharks" comment or cause im plowed.... eaither way im my head im thinking, I won $50 betting a hawks fan for the hawks to WIN... He was blinded by the 6-0-1 recent record of SJ... I love my team but man, to say " chicago is not much better thean the sharkrs" are you kidding me?? on paper vs is on ice is one thing, but you really think even on paper chi is "not that much" better then SJ?? As much as it pains me to say, the ONLY dept SJ is better then Chi is in goaltending and thats cause crawford is in the sophmore slump... down the road I think he's better then Niemi...

I'd give an edge to the Sharks on defense as well. Offensively the dmen are about the same for both teams but in their own zone the Sharks dmen are much better.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Chicago was so great they'd be way ahead in the standings. The Sharks have a better points per game percentage than Chicago. The Sharks also have a better goal differential that the Blackhawks in fewer games. If the Sharks win 3 of their 4 games in hand (or any combination of wins and loser points that equals 6 or more points) they are ahead of Chicago in the standings. The Blackhawks are good but they aren't some great juggernaut.

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Chicago was so great they'd be way ahead in the standings. The Sharks have a better points per game percentage than Chicago. The Sharks also have a better goal differential that the Blackhawks in fewer games. If the Sharks win 3 of their 4 games in hand (or any combination of wins and loser points that equals 6 or more points) they are ahead of Chicago in the standings. The Blackhawks are good but they aren't some great juggernaut.

I agree he is overvaluing the Blackhawks as they compare to the Sharks in the NHL but I will say that Chicago is a very unfavorable match up for San Jose. I would rather face Detroit or Vancouver than Chicago. I think the Hawks would kill us in a series.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Care to make a paypal wager bet on who finishes better? Id take Kane, Hossa, Toews over Thornton, Marleaue (and our supposed top stud beast we traded fro) Havlet anyday... Id take Seabrook & Keith over Boyle & Burns as well... Regular season standings dont mean shit on how a team is built and the way they can raise their play when needed against top teams. I belive Boston woulda finished 5th in the east is they didnt win their conf last season, correct? I dont care bout your stats on PPgames played, this that & the other... Looks like someone just watche moneyball and wants to talk numbers... Heres a number for you. Jamie fuckin Mcginn is 4th on team gal scoring with 9... The guy thats AHL fodder has more goals then Thornton... After Mcginn, Ben Ferriero (who Im a fan of mind you) has 5 goals in 17 games... Less then 1/2 the game then majority of the team has played... Crunch those numbers. and while your figuring out those numbers, please tell me how a team thats known to fall on their face in the goals dept in playoffs (while usually having better scoring then this year) is going to go anywhere in the playoffs? tell me how a team thats PP & PK is usually better, but yet struggles on both in playoffs annually is going to better this year? Was the team motto this year "This is opposit year, were gonna put up shit numbers in the regular season & do great in the POs, versus normally putting up great numbers & bombing in the playoffs"...

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Theres a reason Chi isnt way better in the standings then SJ and that reason is goaltending... Crawford is not handling the season as he was expected to. and Emery is Emery aka Brian Boucher... he can be great & steal you games in a row, but then go on a shit spurt....

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm... Sounds to me like someone is confused about which is their favorite team and is hanging out on the wrong forum here?

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hmm... Sounds to me like someone is confused about which is their favorite team and is hanging out on the wrong forum here?

Nahh not confused, just havnt been watching as many sharks games lately since the ones I watch seem to be such snoozers. plus if I make ths bet it will offset the annual hawks/sharks one I make with my buddy, since I prob wont win it with him haha You can say another team is more exciting & better then your fav team

caliraftdude

Sharks Hockey... meh...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure what frustrates me more - the comments or the fact that they are difficult to refute.

My position hasn't changed much on this topic - playoffs and the cup are all about willpower and effort and there are some big question marks in that regard with our top paid talent. I thought Joe really showed some things last year - but he's one guy... you need that sort of effort all the way around and it doesn't seem like we consistently get it.

Meh... you hate the ones you love I suppose..