• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT 1/25/13 @ Bulls

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago worries me a bit. They're a very rugged and tough defensive team. We'll need to get out in transition a lot in this game. Make it a track meet and use our depth. If the game becomes too half court oriented it definitely favors Chicago.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking shitshow. I've turned it off. I can't watch them play no defense, not rebound, and turn the ball over.

Awful, awful, awful.

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago worries me a bit. They're a very rugged and tough defensive team. We'll need to get out in transition a lot in this game. Make it a track meet and use our depth. If the game becomes too half court oriented it definitely favors Chicago.

You called it. Ugly. Hate to see them give up so many offensive rebounds.

I like to think Bogut would have made that 1st quarter less damaging, and maybe the Warriors then make a game of it at some point. Who knows.

I'll throw this question out there on this thread instead of creating a new one: what do you guys think of Barnes? I know he's a rook, but he lacks quickness and calling his shot unreliable is being kind. I'm trying to predict what he will excel at a couple of years down the road, and I'm struggling to think of anything.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barnes can play D, he can shoot, and he can rebound. I think he'll be excellent down the road.

Tonight, another fucking shitshow. This rebounding is atrociously bad. The goodness of the Thunder game has been completely squandered back. Unfuckingacceptable.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like to think Bogut would have made that 1st quarter less damaging, and maybe the Warriors then make a game of it at some point. Who knows.

I'll throw this question out there on this thread instead of creating a new one: what do you guys think of Barnes? I know he's a rook, but he lacks quickness and calling his shot unreliable is being kind. I'm trying to predict what he will excel at a couple of years down the road, and I'm struggling to think of anything.

Barnes has the tools but he's inconsistent. Granted, the rock will go to either Curry, Lee, or Klay when the team needs a bucket. He's displayed some brilliance when creating a shot for himself, but I'd like to see him get involved more because he seems to be one of the few Warriors who can effectively beat his man off the dribble and create a shot for himself.

Defensively, I think he can be better.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think Barnes is having a steep learning curve this year. Most times when Rookies start they're either exceptionally ready for the NBA game or their team is terrible. Unfortunately for Barnes neither is true, making his playing time and development inconsistent.

Barnes has a tremendous upside and we have to remember that he's still only 20 years old. He's making strides defensively and rebounding the ball much better than he was at the very start of the year. Offensively he's doing a lot of things that young players do: rely on their outside shot too much.

He's trying to get out of his offensive funk by settling for open, long jumpers, rather than taking the ball to the basket amongst traffic. He also has to work on finishing at the rim and utilize his athleticism. I think that will and should be the focal point of his offseason work out.

I'm still very high on him and think that his upside could rival a more athletic, slightly worse shooting Danny Granger. He's got all the tools to be a jack of all trades type player. The Warriors have already put him in situations where he's initiating the offense. He's got the ability to take the ball to the rim, but also needs to work a bit on his ball handling. His shooting form is very good and just needs a bit more work to make it consistent. Defensively he's got good lateral quickness, but needs to work on his off ball awareness. He sags too often leaving his man unguarded for uncontested shots.

All in all, if he keeps working his future is very bright.