• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

GDT (1) - 10/8 Coyotes at Sharks - 7:30 PM

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your killing me, have you ever seen Handzus play outside of last night? Thats his game. game in game out over 82 games. It has solidified the 3rd line.

And look at the score sheet it was spread out through all 4 lines, pull your head out of your ass and take a look around not everything is a world of shit like your current view

Ok then, I guess we'll see this over the whole season. And the spread out thru 4 lines scoring had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Phx is terrible and their goalie was awful?? Ill be sure to bring up this post many times thrughout the season when people start complaining bout the 3rd line which is a garentee on this board the way people jump on & off of players.

Forgive me, Im trying to reserve my judgement on the team til the play more then 1 game and games against the mid-upper tier teams

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Depth scoring will certainly be something to watch over the course of the year. 35 or more goals out of the 3rd line and 15+ out of the 4th would be great production. Idealy you'd like to see a potential 20 goal guy on the 3rd line but very few teams, if any, can boast that at the start of the year. That's a spot that's most often added mid year to trade deadline and with the Sharks current cap situation it's something easily attainable.

The scoring from the bottom two lines in this game was nice but I was more impressed with their overall play. Solid defense, strong forecheck, they were physical and forced turnovers, drew penalties, and IMO most importantly no matter what line they were on the ice against they controlled the play and spent a lot of time in the offensive zone.

That being said, it was the first game of the year, it was against the Yotes so I kind of look at it with a bit of cautious optimism.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depth scoring will certainly be something to watch over the course of the year. 35 or more goals out of the 3rd line and 15+ out of the 4th would be great production. Idealy you'd like to see a potential 20 goal guy on the 3rd line but very few teams, if any, can boast that at the start of the year. That's a spot that's most often added mid year to trade deadline and with the Sharks current cap situation it's something easily attainable.

The scoring from the bottom two lines in this game was nice but I was more impressed with their overall play. Solid defense, strong forecheck, they were physical and forced turnovers, drew penalties, and IMO most importantly no matter what line they were on the ice against they controlled the play and spent a lot of time in the offensive zone.

That being said, it was the first game of the year, it was against the Yotes so I kind of look at it with a bit of cautious optimism.

I agree with not being overly optimistic. They looked good, hell they looked great, especially for the first game of the season. But I get the feeling the Coyotes won't be racking up too many wins this season. If the Sharks are doing this against Detroit and Vancouver then I'll start getting drunk on the kool-aid.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my first chance to watch Wingels and I gotta say I was pleased with his play. He did not look out of place next to Clowe and Couture. Good smarts, decent skill. Had a couple prime scoring chances and was able to keep the offensive possession going.

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five days off is lame. Are we supposed to analyze the crap out of game 1 or what? Although with the way the Coyotes played, we can consider that an extension of the preseason.

So...how so the Sharks fix their PK? Why is Boyle still playing 25 minutes? Who is out when Havlat is back?

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

SJVP408

Shark Attack!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's talk about bowling... The Sharks players are tweeting about bowling night... including this gem from Burns about Cranky:

(check out the picture and let's laugh our collective asses off together... Hah!)

I usually laugh at guys wearing fedoras but I would not laugh at Douglas Murray wearing a fedora.

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, true...

I'm surprised he didn't go after Burns when he saw him taking that picture of him... or maybe he did? LOL

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely did... very Jersey Shore-ish... :L

If Cranky wasn't the badass that we've all come to know him after all these years, I would have lost A LOT of my respect for him after seeing that picture... but as it is, not much respect lost.. Hah!

23sharks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even Slowvelski looks faster, but that may be because all the other yotes are chasing Thornton and Marleau around

LOL. Probably true Kork.
I know you love to call him Slowvelski, but he doesn't need to be a great skater to score if he plays with Joe and Patty. I'd much rather have a guy like Pavelski than someone who's really fast, but can't play worth a shit. Speed is only good if you do something with it.
I said before the season started that I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Pav get 30+ goals playing wth Joe. He'll definitely produce more than Seto did....

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Probably true Kork.
I know you love to call him Slowvelski, but he doesn't need to be a great skater to score if he plays with Joe and Patty. I'd much rather have a guy like Pavelski than someone who's really fast, but can't play worth a shit. Speed is only good if you do something with it.
I said before the season started that I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Pav get 30+ goals playing wth Joe. He'll definitely produce more than Seto did....

Like Torrey Mitchell? :p

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was my first chance to watch Wingels and I gotta say I was pleased with his play. He did not look out of place next to Clowe and Couture. Good smarts, decent skill. Had a couple prime scoring chances and was able to keep the offensive possession going.

I actually hope that if he keeps playing smart and with some pep in his step that he drops down to the 3rd line once Havlat comes back. Having Wingels with Handzus and Mitchell would actually be a legit 3rd line.

I think Torrey is starting to turn the corner. This was the first year he had a full training camp and he looked fast in preseason and played pretty well on Saturday night.

Likewall32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Thats what I was thinking haha But I still like Torrey even when he's not scoring (unlike McGinn) and still see potential with him. It just always seems like he's hustling and has that "energy" needed on the bottom lines.