• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: GB@Seattle

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don’t know who will show up on Thursday so it would be nice if GB can finally get a win on the road.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury report is ugly again this week. Backups need to come through.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury report is ugly again this week. Backups need to come through.
It's like this every year. ...For every team. ...Gotta expect it. ...Football is a violent game by nature.

Brice, Perry, King and Cobb are the key inactives.
  • Brice is more of a depth piece than key contributor.
  • Perry has been a ghost most of the season anyway.
  • Cobb has been a ghost most of the season anyway.
  • King has been good when he's been in, but the guy is always hurt.

Three guys who have been limited in practice are way more important than the guys who are definitely out. We absolutely NEED Bakhtiari, Bulaga and Martinez in the lineup.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another interesting TNF match-up ......... i'm glad they finally figured this out to make these games watchable

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst fucking play calling I've seen in a looooong time. I can say the same for the officiating too. 3rd and 2, let's go for the home run. 3rd and 5, let's go for the home run. Jones had 100 yards at the half and no where in the 2nd half.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is how you give away a game that you could've easily won in the 3rd quarter. It's also pathetic that McCarthy somehow believes he's protecting himself by punting it to them with 4 minutes left, he somehow believes he can blame that on the D. The fact is if he doesn't understand that his D isn't going to get that stop, if the chances are better they won't that they will, he can't punt. Fuck him, he needs to go, and the sooner the better. Get somebody in there that understands the game and his team, not some fucking fairy tale that happened in 2010.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, 2010 is looking more and more like a fluke. Looking at the stats, once again the offense is failing to score in the second half. Don’t know if it’s play calling or piss poor execution or both but as far as I’m concerned this is another wasted season. They are 1 game away from missing the playoffs 9-6-1 won’t cut it. All the better anyway, this team is a f’ing train wreck including the coaching staff.

I predict this joke of a team doesn’t win a road game. Seriously, who do they need in the draft and what coach is out there that can turn this waste of space of a team around?

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst fucking play calling I've seen in a looooong time. I can say the same for the officiating too. 3rd and 2, let's go for the home run. 3rd and 5, let's go for the home run. Jones had 100 yards at the half and no where in the 2nd half.

Jones didn’t have 100 yards but I’m with ya about needing short yardage and going for the Hail Mary. I’ve seen that time and time again and I don’t understand it. Unless the guy is completely open take the short pass and get the first down. Now, I understand that’s not always an option but it looks like Rodgers is set on trying to hit the big play instead of taking the safe route and getting a first down 9 times out of 10. Now, is that Rodgers or is that MM? I couldn’t tell you but the offense, in most of the games this year, has been disappearing like the defense. Time for a change in regime.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is how you give away a game that you could've easily won in the 3rd quarter. It's also pathetic that McCarthy somehow believes he's protecting himself by punting it to them with 4 minutes left, he somehow believes he can blame that on the D. The fact is if he doesn't understand that his D isn't going to get that stop, if the chances are better they won't that they will, he can't punt. Fuck him, he needs to go, and the sooner the better. Get somebody in there that understands the game and his team, not some fucking fairy tale that happened in 2010.

Yea, 2010 is looking more and more like a fluke. Looking at the stats, once again the offense is failing to score in the second half. Don’t know if it’s play calling or piss poor execution or both but as far as I’m concerned this is another wasted season. They are 1 game away from missing the playoffs 9-6-1 won’t cut it. All the better anyway, this team is a f’ing train wreck including the coaching staff.

I predict this joke of a team doesn’t win a road game. Seriously, who do they need in the draft and what coach is out there that can turn this waste of space of a team around?

I agree. Play calling was awful. I was bitching about it several times throughout the game as well.

That said, if I was Gutenkunst and Murphy I wouldn't outright fire McCarthy at the end of the season. I'd give him an option to keep his job if:
  • He agrees to replace Philbin as OC.
  • He agrees to replace Raih as WR coach.
  • He agrees to replace Angelichio as TE coach.
  • He agrees to relinquish ALL play calling & OC duties and focus solely on TEAM coordination.
  • He agrees to be part of a panel of himself, Gutenkunst and Rodgers to hire a young new OC with fresh perspectives on NFL offense and a bright mind who can build a brand new playbook and excel at play calling.

McCarthy is responsible for too much and it's clearly hurting team success. Reroute some of his failing responsibilities or hand him a pink slip.

Aside from piss poor play calling, the only other decision I questioned of McCarthy's in this game was punting with 4 minutes left on 4th & short. Maybe if he didn't have that offensive playbook in his hands he would've realized that Daniels was sitting on the bench with a bag of ice on his foot, Clark had just limped off the field and the D hadn't really stopped Seattle's running game with those two top D-linemen on the field - much less off it.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for MM to agree to all of that. He can walk onto the Browns and get a young QB and get full control of the team.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason for MM to agree to all of that. He can walk onto the Browns and get a young QB and get full control of the team.

Then let him walk if that's what he wants.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he and the team mutually part ways.
I'm fine with that. I'm also fine with him staying if he relinquishes said duties.

Thing is... I don't want to change just to change and end up with Ray Rhodes part II or worse. McCarthy isn't a bad head coach, it's just that his shit has gotten stale. ...And perhaps age has diminished his multi-threaded critical thinking & analysis skills.

Put less on his plate to analyze and get some fresh minds with new ideas on board for him to supervise and he could remain successful in Green Bay.

Nelly

Respectin' hoes, nationwide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, 2010 is looking more and more like a fluke.
Would it even matter if it was? It was a superbowl win! Hard to call it "fluky" since it required beating numerous good teams along the way under the most intense pressure football games can muster.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with that. I'm also fine with him staying if he relinquishes said duties.

Thing is... I don't want to change just to change and end up with Ray Rhodes part II or worse. McCarthy isn't a bad head coach, it's just that his shit has gotten stale. ...And perhaps age has diminished his multi-threaded critical thinking & analysis skills.

Put less on his plate to analyze and get some fresh minds with new ideas on board for him to supervise and he could remain successful in Green Bay.
I dont think Capers was a bad coach either but his message was absolutely stale. I doubt MM would want a demotion of sorts which is why I think hes gone

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think Capers was a bad coach either but his message was absolutely stale. I doubt MM would want a demotion of sorts which is why I think hes gone
I don't consider it a demotion, just a reorganization of duties. In fact, in the business world you could even consider it a promotion.

For example, I've been working for my current company for 17+ years. I latched on with a young small $1M/y company after I separated from the USAF and took over all of their computer administration & support, software development, database administration, etc. - the entire IT aspect of the company. As the company grew, handling all of that stuff myself became too much and I have incrementally added IT staff. Now I manage a team of guys who have taken a lot of those responsibilities off my shoulders and the company has grown even further prosperous because there's more time and resources dedicated to each duty.

Not sure if you remember, but when McCarthy handed off play calling previously, the defense and special teams actually improved over that time as McCarthy spent more time overseeing all aspects of his team.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than MM and the defense taking much of the blame for the loss. I think there is someone else that should shoulder a good portion of the blame. Not only in this loss but for the other losses as well.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than MM and the defense taking much of the blame for the loss. I think there is someone else that should shoulder a good portion of the blame. Not only in this loss but for the other losses as well.

I have to say I agree with him about Rodgers. Yea, he’s the reason GB competes in games but holding the ball to long, looking for the homerun and missing open receivers adds to this team losing games this year.

Am I calling for a QB change? Absolutely not but let’s make sure we are holding EVERYBODY accountable.