• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Gator Bowl. Nebraska vs #22 Georgia

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta think that with both starting QBs out that very greatly benefited Nebraska.

That Georgia turned the ball over more, gave up a 99.9 yd bomb, and didn't kick a FG (while behind 5) with 4+ minutes to play, greatly benefitted Nebraska.

All of the dropped passes by Georgia receivers would likely have been null and void had Georgia been within 2 points, at NU's 29, with 30 seconds remaining like they could have been.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How would that 4th quarter have played out if Jamal Turner doesn't drop that TD pass from our back up QB in the first half?
The score likely would have been 28-19 when UGA had those last two possessions. What ifs/coulda-shouldas.

I love talking to myself. *chases butterfly down hallway*

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Georgia turned the ball over more, gave up a 99.9 yd bomb, and didn't kick a FG (while behind 5) with 4+ minutes to play, greatly benefited Nebraska.

^^^^ This. This loss was on Richt. Dropped passes and all, if he kicks the field goal with 4+ minutes to play, UGa wins. I guess he had no faith in the D to stop them.

Grats to Nebraska.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^ This. This loss was on Richt. Dropped passes and all, if he kicks the field goal with 4+ minutes to play, UGa wins. I guess he had no faith in the D to stop them.

Grats to Nebraska.

That only applies if you're Wisconsin and it's worth .8 wins.

Georgia would have certainly been in much better situation to win it behind 2 with :30 remaining and a 44 yd FG attempt.

I was talking to the TV hoping he wouldn't take the FG with 4+ minutes remaining. I figured Nebraska to go 3 and out on their next possession and Georgia to get the ball back with around 2 minutes.

"Go for it on 4th Richt... Do it".

I pumped my fist when he decided to go for it. He didn't even call for a long snap count to try and draw NU off-sides. They failed to convert the 4th down and that decision took the winning FG opportunity away.

Pelino is probably more grateful.

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
let just not hope for a rubber game next year unless it is in the top 4.