• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrett Gilbert

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
do you think we could convince Kurt to come be our qb coach?

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no idea why he reminds you of Warner.

Kurt's ability to get the ball out fast was an amazing attribute he brought to the position and kind of what made him special IMO. This kid has a long ways to go. He holds onto the ball way too long (At least 4 sec or more in the film on just about every throw) He locks on to receivers at times, hit a few very late after the WR was completely wide open and every throw in this tape, that I saw, was from the shot gun. Would really like to see him take some from under center. If it's in there I didn't see it.

I hope he does push Davis however he is going to need to learn the playbook or he could get put on the PS if someone else doesn't pick him up.

Really do we carry 3 QB's on the 53 man roster with all Bradford's injury history? Maybe however we have a lot more talent on this roster (As opposed to the last 5 previous years) I'm not sure we will want to part with someone else trying to make the team to keep three QB's on the roster.

"I have no idea why he reminds you of Warner."
lol...you're right with all of your points Vita. However I think there are two types of passers in the game. Guy's that put the ball where their receiver was and guy's that put the ball where their receivers will be. He seems to be very good at the latter. That's where I see a glimpse of Warner. In the Highlight video he appears to be very accurate. I look forward to watching him this preseason if he does indeed make the team.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been clamoring for that Red for some time dating back to two years ago now but I suppose no one is listening or Kurt is not interested.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rambunctious. I like his potential and he may just be our starting QB in say three or four years when Sammy is done.

He may be our starting QB when Bradford gets hurt this season. If he can throw a ball to a receiver, at least 20 yards, he'd be an improvement.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may be our starting QB when Bradford gets hurt this season. If he can throw a ball to a receiver, at least 20 yards, he'd be an improvement.

God help us all if Gilbert sets foot on an NFL field in 2014. :gaah:

If he's our starting QB at any point THIS year, it will mean that to that point, a lot of things have gone seriously wrong and that our season is already deep in the shitter.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hill is the backup. Gilbert is fighting with Davis for a practice squad spot essentially.

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow Retro you must have been having a bad day or something with that rant. Ok so you're saying he Is built like warner... right? Because my point is he couldn't move up the depth chart with what texas has (now/then) that's sad and doesn't bring promise to me that he will do much. Also he went to smu where they play a style he likes and feels more comfortable in, and still was only mediocre.

Also I'm Pretty sure you weren't the only one giving him comparisons to Warner for one so don't feel like I was calling you an idiot because I wasn't. I was simply saying to you and whomever thinks he could be the next Warner. That is an idiotic comment and a laps of judgment. That's all.

Two he has Not performed to his 5star potential outta HS... Mediocre college career, and as you stated above warner at a small school had great numbers but was passed over for being in a small school. and yes Warner grew into a good QB after being cut a couple times. All being said IMO Gilbert will be another after thought in a few years.

Also I would like to point out that if Rodney Harrison didn't take out Trent Green most of you would never know who Warner was or is...Because Trent was lighting it up before he injured his knee.

Either way in this draft no one was a homerun QB (maybe mettenberger or murray) but I still have my doubts.

Thanks for reading

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, you could say I was having a real bad day. Enough said and onward we go.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill is the backup. Gilbert is fighting with Davis for a practice squad spot essentially.
Not sure if Davis is eligible...

Eligibility

Practice squads are considered to be for developmental purposes. Therefore, veterans are not eligible to be signed to the practice squad. In fact, players with more than one year of accrued NFL service are not eligible. Here is a closer look at the eligibility requirements.

• A player is eligible if he does not have an accrued season of NFL experience. Players gain an accrued season by being on the active roster for at least six games.
  • If a player has one accrued season, they can still be practice squad eligible if they were on the 45-man active gameday roster for less than nine regular season games.
  • A player is deemed to have served a season on the practice squad if he remains on the practice squad for at least three weeks. Players are eligible to be on the practice squad for two seasons.
  • Players can be eligible for a third practice squad season if their team maintains no less than 53 players on the active/inactive list at all times.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if Davis is eligible...

Well, then he is most likely gone I would think. I doubt the Rams will carry 3 QBs on the active roster, not with the positional deptg along both lines and in the defensive backfield all of a sudden (although unproven). I can't see them cutting EJ Gaines, Roberson, or even Sam to keep a guy they cut before in Davis.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a great guy. However I'd hold off on the Warner or Montana comparisons... His shortcomings are not on the physical side but rather mentally. I'm pulling for him to do well but have a hard time seeing it after watching him play in college for four years. He was a star in high school though...

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care who the QB will be. I just want the Rams to win. Losing is getting really old......like me!

STLADAM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Silas Love that response

As are most of us diehards