• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garrard a Dolphin

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
According to Glazer. Looks like Alex is coming home.

shouldakepowens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
garrard to dolphins

So I guess we gotta watch kap win the job from alex this preseason

crash

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i was stressing all day that alex smith wouldn't be back!!! this is great news

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore > Garrard, so I don't know what they're thinking there.

That said, I guess it could be worse. Let's sit back and enjoy the QB competition in camp.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harbs is talking to Smith now and ironing things out according to MM.

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, it'll be interesting competition because imo CK and Smith have opposite strengths. CK will avoid more sacks with his athleticism and has a strong arm, he chucks bullets, even when checking down (so he'll avoid this) whereas Smith is cautious, will take the sack, doesn't have great arm strength, and loves to check down.
Plus with Moss, Crabtree, and Manningham - they'll be wanting the ball and hopefully will tell Smith to let it fly. Moss and Manningham have played with better QBs so here's to hoping they help groom Smith & CK.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Take the deal off the table and make Alex Smith sign for scraps :bounce:

or don't sign him back at all

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Newsflash people, if we sign Smith to a 3year, $24mil contract he will be the starter and he deserves to be the starter after the year he had last year, there might be some camp competition, however dont get it confused with who the starter is and its NOT Kaepernick

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess this was their response to the rumor of Smith saying he was OK with being the 49ers backup plan.

Not that I care about the Dolphins or their fans, but damn, they screwed up almost every attempt to get a FA QB.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at least Alex should be highly motivated. I imagine he'll be playing with a chip on his shoulder all season.

iHATEdodgers

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moore > Garrard, so I don't know what they're thinking there.

That said, I guess it could be worse. Let's sit back and enjoy the QB competition in camp.

Well obviously they aren't too enamoured of Moore. They've tried to replace him with 3 guys and they finally had to settle for Garrard. Plus Henne is gone, so at the very least they need some depth. If Moore doesn't work out they have a veteran who's been a starter before. And I wouldn't say Moore is better than Garrard anyway.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok...so why should it matter? Are you concerned that Kap can't beat Smith out? I mean if Kap is the best alternative, then it will all get worked out in pre-season and camp right?

Or I hope that is because we are not likely to sign Wallace with Smith coming back or someone else expensive...

Last edited by a moderator:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't gonna happen...I'll eat my virtual hat if it does...

Obviously the coaching staff thinks it can happen, or else they wouldn't have left a loophole in Alex's contract that easily allows Kap to take over the starting position. Or at least it's been reported that way.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Obviously the coaching staff thinks it can happen, or else they wouldn't have left a loophole in Alex's contract that easily allows Kap to take over the starting position. Or at least it's been reported that way.

Now...this will get to my contract ignorance, so be patient...but do they really have such things? To me it would be irrelevant, anybody can lose their starting position if they get beat out by a better player.

I think the staff is hoping that will happen, will it happen is another thing.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now...this will get to my contract ignorance, so be patient...but do they really have such things? To me it would be irrelevant, anybody can lose their starting position if they get beat out by a better player.

I think the staff is hoping that will happen, will it happen is another thing.

Apparently it's a loophole that they don't have to pay Alex much money if he's unseated as starter. Many are assuming that this is why Alex has taken a while to sign.

Southern9er

Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Apparently it's a loophole that they don't have to pay Alex much money if he's unseated as starter. Many are assuming that this is why Alex has taken a while to sign.

Interesting...is this for motivation or because they truly believe CK can beat Smith out? I support Smith 100%, but if he gets outperformed by CK...that is a good thing...My opinion is that he cannot. That kind of clause doesn't "easily" allow him to take over the starting spot...it just says you get beat, you get less money...very reasonable.

Thought Smith's issue was with the 3yr vs 5yr aspect, he wants the team to commit to him after last year...not the chance he would get unseated...

I don't think a "loophole" like that is unreasonable...you want starter money, then you have to play like a starter.