• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Garon?

CaptHowdy00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was looking at pictures from this Sunday's split squad games, and Garon was in goal for the Kings in LA. Is he being given a tryout to make the team?

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he was brought in because of the Jones hold out. Ok not a holdout but ...
I did not see the game but heard Garon was horid. Maybe he is hoping some team needs a backup and this is a way to get his name out there. None of the Kings prospects are NHL ready so he is an insurance policy in case of the unthinkable.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garon got third period play tonight vs Ducks. Not one tough save needed. No way to tell if he was any good. Puck could played tonight

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the split squad game last Sunday night. Garon, who is on a professional tryout, was beyond horrible! Granted the team didn't play well in front of him either, but by the time the 5th Coyote goal went it the whole crowd (which I believe was a little under 9,000) was demanding that he get pulled. It didn't happen but even when a puck came near him that he was able to either freeze or sweep away the crowd let him have it! I do think he's just using this as an opportunity get some exposure in hopes that someone might need a goalie or if Scrivens doesn't pan out. I honestly don't expect him to be on the opening night roster though.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the split squad game last Sunday night. Garon, who is on a professional tryout, was beyond horrible! Granted the team didn't play well in front of him either, but by the time the 5th Coyote goal went it the whole crowd (which I believe was a little under 9,000) was demanding that he get pulled. It didn't happen but even when a puck came near him that he was able to either freeze or sweep away the crowd let him have it! I do think he's just using this as an opportunity get some exposure in hopes that someone might need a goalie or if Scrivens doesn't pan out. I honestly don't expect him to be on the opening night roster though.

Uh yeah, the Garon experiment is way over and it was an epic failure.

Quick is the number one and will be for some time, and Scrivens is going to be the much cheaper back up compared to Bernier - that's the beginning and end of it.

Garon was a good guy though from what I understand, so I wouldn't be surprised if Dumbo said OK, come on in and let's see if we can find you a job.

Elsewhere.

=)~~

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I'm with you! I'm sure Garon is a good teammate and all, but I hope he's shown the door in the same manor that Jaime Storr, Roman Chechmanek, and Stephane Fiset were. I still remember when the Kings made the trade for Chechmanek Helene Elliott made the comment that she thought it made the Kings a Cup contender. Needless to say, from that point on what ever Elliott had to say about anything I'd cast off as crap. Explained why she worked for the Times as an "authority."