• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gang r*pe survivor coming to speak to the Huskers

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Powerful, in my opinion.

You would think media would be all over this, how Nebraska is talking about sexual assault and how wrong it is, and how Baylor was denying sexual assault ever happened and actually having a Police Department that helped cover it up.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very Powerful, in my opinion.

You would think media would be all over this, how Nebraska is talking about sexual assault and how wrong it is, and how Baylor was denying sexual assault ever happened and actually having a Police Department that helped cover it up.

... Oregon State and Mike Riley pretty much pulled an Art Bryles/Baylor back in 1998. If what happened then happened now, the torches and pitchforks would be out in force.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Oregon State and Mike Riley pretty much pulled an Art Bryles/Baylor back in 1998. If what happened then happened now, the torches and pitchforks would be out in force.

I really don't think this is close to comparable. Charges were dropped on his players, and he suspended them a game anyway.

Briles paid cops

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't think this is close to comparable. Charges were dropped on his players, and he suspended them a game anyway.

Briles paid cops
This. What's he supposed to do? It's one thing if the woman either follows through with pressing charges or comes to him and says this happened, but that didn't happen. Should he just suspend his guys indefinitely because they might have been involved in something? The cops weren't investigating the situation any longer.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, i agree with oak and irule. i don't think as a HC you'd make the same statement if you knew exactly what happened, he said what he thought was right from his perspective at the time. I'm sure that's probably why he was willing to do this as he probably feels bad that he couldn't have done anything different.

i don't really see how it's a bad thing in this day and age. kids, especially those they have been groomed to be great athletes sometimes don't get enough reality, so maybe something like this will be good for them.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/shatel...cle_3772ffea-38e1-11e6-952a-6b83e4b2c26d.html

Read that story. It's pretty powerful...definitely worth it to have her come here. Also, to answer our question from earlier:

Tracy said the coach apologized for not doing more research into what happened and finding out Tracy’s story.

“He (Riley) said he just knew the players had been arrested and the charges were dropped,” Tracy said. “He knew he had to do something. He didn’t consider the impact on my life. He didn’t do any research into it. He said he didn’t know any of the specifics.

“I do believe Coach Riley. I did not feel any deception coming from him. He said if he had known, he would have done something. That that would not happen today.”

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Oh bullshit! Riley wasn't being deceptive like Briles was.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only issue I have is believing MR didn't know what 2 of his players were arrested for, he is however owning up to his decisions some years ago

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
article makes it sound like it was good and productive, not much going on during the summer anyway.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stacked_wood.JPG

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap: I'd been debating if that was appropriate to say in this thread or not. she does look pretty good for 42.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to a player who was there for it. Nobody was looking forward to it at all and the consensus was, what did Riley do that we have to listen to this person?

Afterward everybody was kinda shell shocked. They all liked her and her story and now apparently everyone on the team is gung-ho about "anti-r*pe''.

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talked to a player who was there for it. Nobody was looking forward to it at all and the consensus was, what did Riley do that we have to listen to this person?

Afterward everybody was kinda shell shocked. They all liked her and her story and now apparently everyone on the team is gung-ho about "anti-r*pe''.

Until the next off campus party and the beers are flowing