• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gamesmanship?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would find someone else to play golf with. A good friendship is worth a lot more than whatever bet you made (unless it was for Bushwood). Soon, that douche will have no one to golf with.

Very true...we've been friends for nearly 20 yrs and have been playing almost that long...if not for that I would've never bothered to post this. He saw the error in his ways, apologized, it's a wrap now.

I've always wagered while playing golf, but with a few exceptions, rarely any serious money or anything...just enough to keep your head in the match if your game goes south.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you in front of them ? It's still a dick move but guys who tee up in front of the markers are a pet peeve of mine. He should have said something before you hit, though.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were you in front of them ? It's still a dick move but guys who tee up in front of the markers are a pet peeve of mine. He should have said something before you hit, though.

No...the markers were tucked to the far left of the teebox and the left marker was in the shade...I teed up about 6-8" outside of the right marker thinking that was the left marker.

True story, talk about karma...we played again this past Sat...the 1st freakin hole...par 5, he hits hit 3rd shot into the GS bunker, into the back of it, making the carry to get out a long one...he hit a nice shot but I could tell it didn't have the height to get out...it didn't, landed about a 1' short...now right up against the lip.

He grabs the rack and starts raking up the area he just played from and raking his tracks towards where he now lay in the bunker...I was walking to my ball/reading the putt when I looked up...whoa!...you can't do that, you're still in the bunker!...2 shot penalty.

We both laughed...now, he was just trying to speed up play so I told him I didn't see it anything, but since I took the 2 shots, he did the same.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Testing the surface!

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
classless move

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or just being an asshole?

I'm guilty of a bit of both at one time or another I suppose, but have never intently done this.

But...here you go...player is setting up to hit a tee ball, but the ball is outside of the tee makers and as a playing companion you notice this but don't say anything until the player hit...then you charge him with playing from outside the tee box.

Your thoughts?

I would never do it. As soon as I saw him position his ball ouside the teeing area I would stop him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a dick move on his part. Lining up a few inches ahead of the blocks gains NO advantage whatsoever so I wouldn't even call it.

My peeve is taking proper drops which nearly all golfers don't.[/QUOTE]

I'm guilty of that all the time when I'm playing for fun but am very careful about it when in a match.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were and I take full ownership of the mistake...the issue here imo was lack of sportsmanship...if he didn't see until after I played it's altogether different, but he clearly did see it and admits he saw it before I hit.

Something similar would be if you and I were on the green and you had to move your mark off my line. I notice that you didn't return your mark to it's original position, but wait for you to putt before saying something.

I wouldn't want your money that badly.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call me naive, but that seems the honorable thing to do...yea, it was a par 3, 8i so the divot was fresh. He called it on me so fast...seriously, the ball was still in the air.

Ha ha ha! That's funny.