• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gamel optioned over Heredia?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes zero sense... The offense has been struggling and you send a guy who's been productive at the plate down over a guy who's been a disaster at the plate? Can someone make some sense of this for me?

upload_2018-8-2_10-39-48.png

upload_2018-8-2_10-40-28.png

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes no sense! I'm also tired of having Andrew Romine on the team. He's 32 year old with no special attribute other than the fact that he can play short stop.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's two fold and makes sense to me.

A. Heredia is much more valuable as a defender and can play CF so Haniger doesn't have to.

B. Gamel's bat is better and it is better having him play everyday in Tacoma than what the role would be with Maybin. Span, Haniger and Maybin are the starters, they need one guy to spell all 3 one or twice a week.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. Heredia is much more valuable as a defender and can play CF so Haniger doesn't have to.

But that is why they acquired Maybin. If he is playing, the Heredia in CF defense fails.

B. Gamel's bat is better and it is better having him play everyday in Tacoma than what the role would be with Maybin. Span, Haniger and Maybin are the starters, they need one guy to spell all 3 one or twice a week.

He is batting in the .290's in a limited role so it hasn't hurt him so far. Picking his AB's has actually helped him.

Not arguing but just giving a different view.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mmm..im good with it...the more ,the better ....and it works at tacoma ...as well

they have the outfield guys they need

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's two fold and makes sense to me.

Defense hasn't been the problem... Offense has... Haniger/Maybin can relieve one another at CF... There is a bigger gap offensively between Gamel/Heredia than there is on the defensive side... I heard Servais rationale but I don't agree w/ it...

The little things make a difference as well... Gamel takes BB's... He also can PH w/ the speed he has on base allowing him to steal bags... Could hurt us in a few games w/out his speed in the lineup...

Last edited:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But that is why they acquired Maybin. If he is playing, the Heredia in CF defense fails.

He is batting in the .290's in a limited role so it hasn't hurt him so far. Picking his AB's has actually helped him.

Not arguing but just giving a different view.

But Maybin won't be playing every single day. Gamel has shown he can't play CF, Haniger isn't a good CF either, Gamel IMO isn't better than any of the 3 so he isn't a defensive replacement. And it allows another righty for Span when they play a lefty as well. This is just where I see and agree with the move.

To me, we are talking about a 1 day a week guy so it shouldn't really cause any kind of uproar.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense hasn't been the problem... Offense has... Haniger/Maybin can relieve one another at CF... There is a bigger gap offensively between Gamel/Heredia than there is on the defensive side... I heard Servais rationale but I don't agree w/ it...

The little things make a difference as well... Gamel takes BB's... He also can PH w/ the speed he has on base allowing him to steal bags... Could hurt us in a few games w/out his speed in the lineup...

But to me this move is strictly about defense. If Dipoto wanted to improve the offense he would've gotten creative and gotten a better hitting CF than Maybin.

I get your stealing bases, which I think Heredia can do to..but having a designated PR is a terrible idea when you have a bench the caliber of the Mariners. Who on the bench isn't a major downgrade defensively from the starter? Which in theory, you use a pinch runner in a close game.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to me this move is strictly about defense. If Dipoto wanted to improve the offense he would've gotten creative and gotten a better hitting CF than Maybin.

I get your stealing bases, which I think Heredia can do to..but having a designated PR is a terrible idea when you have a bench the caliber of the Mariners. Who on the bench isn't a major downgrade defensively from the starter? Which in theory, you use a pinch runner in a close game.

Yes, I know it's about defense... That is what I disagree with...

Heredia has been caught stealing 3 our 4 (25% success) times this season and 9 out of 12 career attempts... Not sure what makes you think he can do it... Gamel has been caught stealing 3 of his 9 (66%) success attempts this season...

Not referring to Gamel as a Designated PR... Not sure how you got that from my post... He can PR when he's not in the starting line up which is an upgrade over Heredia...

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But it isn't one day per week because now they will play Heredia in LF fr Span vs lefties like yesterday. And why not play Maybin every night? They are down to 60 something games and he was their choice to pick up.