• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game One MVP

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets your vote ?

I am going with Brandon McManus ... If we have Barth, do we win this game ?

McManus is only the second kicker in NFL history to nail two 56+ yard FGs in one game .

Not only that, but he looked calm, and like a pro out there .....

Hard not to give it Talib, but McManus rose to the occasion in his first game as the lone Bronco kicker - he didn't fold, and I give props for that

Nice going McMVP

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who gets your vote ?

I am going with Brandon McManus ... If we have Barth, do we win this game ?

McManus is only the second kicker in NFL history to nail two 56+ yard FGs in one game .

Not only that, but he looked calm, and like a pro out there .....

Hard not to give it Talib, but McManus rose to the occasion in his first game as the lone Bronco kicker - he didn't fold, and I give props for that

Nice going McMVP

Hate for our kicker to have been MVP, but perhaps he was and most importantly we did win. Two FGs over 55 yards shouldn't be taken for granted.

I only got to see a bit of the game, but the box score suggests to me that Marshall and, as you mentioned, Talib are also good MVP candidates.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree - hard not to give the game ball to McManus on this one.

Talib had a great game, but I will note the Ravens wanted no part of Harris - where I only saw them test him once.

The D - collectively may be the MVP - they held the Ravens to under 200 total yards - and had two starters out for suspensions in Wolfe and Ward.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith should at least receive a nomination. He almost Rahimed that pass in the left corner of the EZ. I couldn't see that Roby touched the ball, I'm pretty surprised Smith didn't make that catch.

If he had, the whole tenor of Broncos fans is totally different today.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players who stuck out to me.

Brandon McMake
Brandon Marshall
Demarcus Ware

The entire secondary (the entire D for that matter)

Emmanuel Sanders really kept some drives rolling even if we didn't score off of them.

How about some love for David Bruton and Darian Stewart? Bruton spot starting for Ward (obviously he has done it before, but he didn't miss a beat) Stewart with an incredible INT to end it on a play that Bruton created.

Our secondary was insanely good last night as was our rush D. I know the Ravens are struggling at WR right now but you can't take away what we did.

Demarcus Ware looked like the Ware of old.

Trevathan looked good too. He punished ball carriers.

We sure didn't get much our of our tight ends. :(

Anyone else notice how Bruton often gets hurt after he gets up? He looks fine then suddenly he goes down. Like he did on the last play of the game yesterday! Just a side note. :)

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy We won but the OL has to be fixed . Now !

KC will kill Manning . The Ravens were nice ,, I am not joking here they never came down hard on Manning . I don't care what they have to do to get the OL holes fixed ...call in the Pope for all I care but this Stalling blitz is going to Ruin our Season soon .

I know one Man ..But I wont say his Name !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Sanders Should get it . He saved this teams Bacon last night .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Smith should at least receive a nomination. He almost Rahimed that pass in the left corner of the EZ. I couldn't see that Roby touched the ball, I'm pretty surprised Smith didn't make that catch.

The what ifs should include the phantom interference call on the Broncos at the 2 yard line on that same drive - I believe the call was on Talib.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Sanders Should get it . He saved this teams Bacon last night .

Sanders surely was the guy on O.

I would have to say that the D really saved the bacon yesterday though.

Sanders moved the chains even when we weren't scoring he kept the D off the field resting.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought Roby tipped the ball and Smith almost caught it off tip. It was too nervous then so could have been my eyes too.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanders added much need energy to the offense. DT had like zero YAC yards yesterday - good tackling by the Ravens.

I hear DT is going to have his hand MRI'd to see if it is broken. Dez Bryant may have a broken foot - game one and the two biggest non-QB contracts in the off season - may already be headed to rehab.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez is out 4-6 weeks.

Playing on a short week in Kansas City is gonna suck though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- Really bad call.

About as bad as the PI on DRC in the game last night.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that too -

Meanwhile - I'm partisan I know - but the Ravens got away with lots of interference calls on the Bronco receivers - I don't know if it was because they were down an official due to injury or what.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have no prob with McManus and D splitting the honor. Of course many others played important roles in Denver`s win but heck, ya can`t pk everybody right? :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeMarcus Ware is my MVP. He received the highest grade of any player in the NFL according to PFF yesterday. The man was constantly getting around the edge making Flacco have to make quicker decisions than he wanted. I haven't seen Ware move like that with the Broncos. He looks like a new player to me this season.

By the way they said he had 11 pressures in this game to go along with a sack! That is ridiculous production.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard to come up with just one especially when the D played so well.

I think Ware probably got my vote as well, but it is close.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to throw another name out there that hasn't really gotten any love but part of that was because he is now on that elite status is that of Chris Harris.

Flacco stayed away from him almost the entire game. In fact only 5 passes went even in the vicinity of Harris. 4 of those 5 passes were completed but went for only 13 yards total and none of them went for 1st downs.