• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game on the line... Spent all this money on offense and.......................................

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You PUNT!

You freaking PUNT!!!!

Give me a break!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does BB want to ruin Mac's confidence?!?!?! You have to know you defense was gassed and hasn't been good all season! Time to trust your damn QB!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading the Globe this morning and had to agree with the headline, "The Better Team Won". As bad as McCarthy is, the better coach won.

We continually bitch about the coaching and put 60% of the blame on Josh and 40% on Steve Belichick. Soory guys, the blame has to start at the top. If you watched the game can anyone explain to me how BB all of a sudden was bleeding from a cut on the bridge of his nose and his upper and lower lip. So much so that he had to use a towel to stop the flow? Did someone on the sideline take enough shit and land a couple of punched or did a meteor shower hit him? None the less, every week, thr complaining about the coaching continues and half of the guys in here refuse to even hint that Bill is partially to blame.

As far as spending money on offense, it wasn't totally wasted. Agholor has always had questionable hands and Bill may have jumped too soon and spent too much on his unreliable pass catching. Bourne showed yesterday that he should be the #1 downfield target. Watching him outrun diggs was pleasurable after Diggs pick 6. Bill's decision to hold back the Mac Attack is unforgivable. Mac was 15 for 21 yesterday. Every missed or dropped pass hit a receivers' hands. He threw one ball away. 71.4% Completion rate but only threw five times per quarter.

The question now becomes, how much money will he have to spend in 2022?

JC Jackson will be gone because someone will give him a 4 or 5 year contract and somewhere around $70M. Bill won't.
T. Brown will be a free agent and teams will offer him money because he's huge wall that stops bull rushes and pushes speed rushers seven or eight yards outside.

That's just couple of people. There are positions that need shoring up now and there's no money in the piggy bank. That $160M in guaranteed money paid out this year might just be something that haunts the Patriots until 2024.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I did notice BB bleeding pretty heavily on the sidelines @BigKen . Wonder why no one mentioned that during the broadcast. Perhaps it was Mac saying, "screw you!"

Bill HAS TO LET the reigns go and let Jones actually take over a game but he is stubborn and refusing too and it's pissing me off!

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to answer your money question @BigKen i bet they won't spend

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
to answer your money question @BigKen i bet they won't spend
To be honest, I don't here will be much to spend. BB committed $160M in guaranteed money signing everyone. If the Cap moves up to the expected $215M He'll have maybe $30M. He'll have to set aside $8-$10M for the draft. Doesn't leave much.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest, I don't here will be much to spend. BB committed $160M in guaranteed money signing everyone. If the Cap moves up to the expected $215M He'll have maybe $30M. He'll have to set aside $8-$10M for the draft. Doesn't leave much.

My guess is 50% of this team is gone next season. Judon will be the new leader of this defense in short order. If this defense simply tackled we'd likely have several more wins right now. Just fucking tackle.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very true @sharkymcwrath the Patriots can't tackle to save their lives!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is 50% of this team is gone next season. Judon will be the new leader of this defense in short order. If this defense simply tackled we'd likely have several more wins right now. Just fucking tackle.
As much as I love Judon, he needs to learn when to stay home. At least twice he was caught out of position for big gains. Today wasn't the first time.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense was playing well when playing agressively. Not so much when being timid.

JC Jackson had a bad game. Shit, the entire secondary had a bad game.
Defense focused on the run - succesfully. Against the pass, we were outplayed and maybe outclassed.
A lot of assumptions on here about how bill cut his nose. Give me a break!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
offense was playing well when playing agressively. Not so much when being timid.

JC Jackson had a bad game. Shit, the entire secondary had a bad game.
Defense focused on the run - succesfully. Against the pass, we were outplayed and maybe outclassed.
A lot of assumptions on here about how bill cut his nose. Give me a break!
Wasn't it his lips? I just assumed his mouth piece got pushed into his closed mouth....Kinda reminded me of being twelve and having something brushing into my mouth and pressing my lip into my braces...

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I strongly dislike Agholor, catch the dam ball.
Just like I said when NE signed him. He'll make some great plays and drop some easy ones. He is what he is. That won't change. But damn I wish someone like Meyers or Bourne had been running that route instead. May have been a different outcome?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Jackson had a bad game.

JC Jackson needs to shut the fuck up. He was yapping this week about how the Pats secondary can hang with anybody. No. No they can't.

Somehow our defense has reverted back to letting the other team hold the ball for the majority of the game. Likely Flores will be fired at the end of this season. Maybe we bring him back and let BB's kid sit for a few more seasons?

From my angle these losses are mostly on the defense. Our offense hasn't been spectacular but our defense simply can't get off the fucking field.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JC Jackson needs to shut the fuck up. He was yapping this week about how the Pats secondary can hang with anybody. No. No they can't.

Somehow our defense has reverted back to letting the other team hold the ball for the majority of the game. Likely Flores will be fired at the end of this season. Maybe we bring him back and let BB's kid sit for a few more seasons?

From my angle these losses are mostly on the defense. Our offense hasn't been spectacular but our defense simply can't get off the fucking field.
The offense had contributions from the running game, WRs, and TEs and even the line contributed at times... Each group had some clunkers too but the team game on offense improved.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting facts..................I acknowledge that @nefansince75 will have some half assed remarks, but none the lkess..

When Mac passed on first down until the strip sack, He was 55% for a 14.8 yard average. Josh and Bill went into "Don't get Mac killed" mode and ran on first down from that point on 4.3 yards per.
Wasn't it his lips? I just assumed his mouth piece got pushed into his closed mouth....Kinda reminded me of being twelve and having something brushing into my mouth and pressing my lip into my braces...

And apparently you can't read because I posted that he had a cut on the bridge of his nose and was bleeding from both upper and lower lips. If you saw his post game interview, that no one dared ask, his lips were both swollen and the cut was visible slightly diagonal right on the bridge.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet that pencil that BB keeps in his ear caught him and cut him

or perhaps Stephen's tongue got in the way