• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing her in interviews and whatnot, I wouldn't put it past her wanting to do a nude scene.

I felt gross watching that scene though. Like, Arya is the little sister on the show. She can't do that. She's still a kid!
i didn't imagine the biggest question about the scene would have been, was it Maisie

There was a sensitive pragmatic question which needed to be answered, however. To put it bluntly: Was Arya going to be naked on camera? Many cast members have appeared nude on the show, though typically signed on when they were at least 18 years old (and often agreed to nudity as part of their deal). The 22-year-old Williams joined Thrones when she was 11 and has grown up in front of fans. Williams says the showrunners let her decide precisely how much to show. “David and Dan were like: ‘You can show as much or as little as you want,’” Williams says. “So I kept myself pretty private. I don’t think it’s important for Arya to flash. This beat isn’t really about that. And everybody else has already done it on the show, so… “
'Game of Thrones': Maisie Williams discusses Arya's surprise Gendry scene

i figure the creepiness would have been more about how she's appeared as about 14 years old for the series then essentially raped gendry.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a good episode to prep us for the 3rd episode, which will bring the fucking house down. We all know what is coming, but this isn't some Dragon Ball Z shit where there are 5 episodes building up to a single fight.

E1 - they reintroduce characters and let you know where their stories are
E2 - some reunions and some "hey remember how much we like each other or used to be enemies and now we are all on the same team?
E3 - kill everyone.
I disagree with everyone dying. I think the majority of the major characters will survive this coming battle. I think you'll lose some secondary characters like Brienne, Beric and Poddrick. But you will still have most, if not all of Tyrion, Sansa, Jamie, Dany (unfortunately), Jon, Arya and Bran.

My reasoning is the amount of time remaining in the season. It's only episode three and you can't wipe out that many people.

I'm thinking these are possible...

a) they manage to push back the zombie army (but it will come again before season end)
b) they are narrowly defeated, losing many men and the zombies progress onto King's Landing leaving key survivors to regroup from the rear

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Grey Worm is the first death we see.

I did not like how they made Tormund a sad sack for this episode. The getting sloppy drunk, the pathetic boasting.

It really takes him down a peg, and the sad disgust from everyone around him... I just didn't like that sequence.

I think the NK really wants two things. 3ER, and Baby Sam. That baby was promised to him, and he wants it. And I'm not sure how that's going to go.
sad sack? shit, tormund was the mvp of that episode.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sad sack? shit, tormund was the mvp of that episode.
Nah. They made him a pathetic clown.

He's a drinker, that's fine. But he went and spilled his drink all over himself.

He's a boaster, but he came in raving in a way that made him look desperate for attention, and his stories turned everyone off, where they should have been making him look more impressive.

I see Tormund as a smaller and less impressive man than I did before this.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with everyone dying. I think the majority of the major characters will survive this coming battle. I think you'll lose some secondary characters like Brienne, Beric and Poddrick. But you will still have most, if not all of Tyrion, Sansa, Jamie, Dany (unfortunately), Jon, Arya and Bran.

My reasoning is the amount of time remaining in the season. It's only episode three and you can't wipe out that many people.

a) they manage to push back the zombie army (but it will come again before season end)
b) they are narrowly defeated, losing many men and the zombies progress onto King's Landing leaving key survivors to regroup from the rear
I think the NK survives the battle and moves on to his next destination, the Gods Eye / Isle of Faces.

I think his story ends there, though. That's where his story began.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. They made him a pathetic clown.

He's a drinker, that's fine. But he went and spilled his drink all over himself.

He's a boaster, but he came in raving in a way that made him look desperate for attention, and his stories turned everyone off, where they should have been making him look more impressive.

I see Tormund as a smaller and less impressive man than I did before this.
Tormund drinks like that all the time. Most every scene he's drinking in, it's running down his beard.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised that people that the 1st 2 episodes could have been boiled down into 1. IMO, they were TOO swift with this build-up.

Not that I think it was necessary but shortening it to 1 episode would have been terrible. The whole point of this episode is remind the viewer how much they care about the various characters because a bunch of them, including characters that have been with us from the very beginning, are likely to die in the next episode

i understand your pov, but we got 2 straight episodes of reviewing characters and their emotional journeys. the stretching things out began in season 6 and continued through season 7. they are milking the success and i don't blame them.

instead of 2 episodes of that though, there should have been much more detail about their tactics for the upcoming battle. it took jon way too long for him and danny to discuss their relationship and the throne. we only received a 60 second discussion and that was it. it doesn't seem they took the needed moment to discuss tactics regarding the use of the two dragons to combat the NK and his dragon. or the emotional struggle danny will now have letting jon hop on a dragon at this point. there should have been some serious sparring between these two before the NK showed up. and bran saying nothing about the NK's intentions until the 11th hour sucks too. get it out bran!

i know there is an emotional story to be told, i thought one episode was more than enough for that.

i understand that after the strategic plans were laid out and the prep work was out of the way, everyone sits around the fire and does many of the things they did to end ep2, but 2 episodes of golden globe awards, and no real discussion between bran, danny and jon is falling short for me.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn't literally mean everyone...but a lot of people are going to die.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the NK survives the battle and moves on to his next destination, the Gods Eye / Isle of Faces.

I think his story ends there, though. That's where his story began.
Why would they do that given they have only ever grazed that story. There's nothing on that island any longer.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i understand your pov, but we got 2 straight episodes of reviewing characters and their emotional journeys. the stretching things out began in season 6 and continued through season 7. they are milking the success and i don't blame them.

instead of 2 episodes of that though, there should have been much more detail about their tactics for the upcoming battle. it took jon way too long for him and danny to discuss their relationship and the throne. we only received a 60 second discussion and that was it. it doesn't seem they took the needed moment to discuss tactics regarding the use of the two dragons to combat the NK and his dragon. or the emotional struggle danny will now have letting jon hop on a dragon at this point. there should have been some serious sparring between these two before the NK showed up. and bran saying nothing about the NK's intentions until the 11th hour sucks too. get it out bran!

i know there is an emotional story to be told, i thought one episode was more than enough for that.

i understand that after the strategic plans were laid out and the prep work was out of the way, everyone sits around the fire and does many of the things they did to end ep2, but 2 episodes of golden globe awards, and no real discussion between bran, danny and jon is falling short for me.
i hope the lack of talk of tactics was to not give anything away for the actual battle. that said, still need something from sam bringing all those books back. so can't see this next episode being the defeat of NK.
Episode 1 - Reunion
Episode 2 - Last Rites
Episode 3 - ???

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

After Sunday, they won't "need" as many main characters. There's really only 2 (3 if there's a fight for the iron islands) stories now. The North, and King's Landing. The show doesn't need to follow around a dozen different characters, because there's not a dozen different storylines anymore. Not sure if they kill off any of the Starks, Lannisters, or Dany... Maybe, we'll see (I do think one big one will bite it). Any other character, aside from the Hound is fair game, though.

DIKOWT DOWG

Man's Best Friend
Hoopla Cash
$ 820.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hope the lack of talk of tactics was to not give anything away for the actual battle. that said, still need something from sam bringing all those books back. so can't see this next episode being the defeat of NK.
Episode 1 - Reunion
Episode 2 - Last Rites
Episode 3 - ???

yes. there's a great point. we haven't seen what books he stole and how they will help.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, if she wants to get nude. But I doubt it, and they couldn't make her do it.

Apparently the writers came to her and told her she was fucking Gendry this season. But she got to pick how much nudity she was comfortable with.

The actor that plays him is older, and was older than 18 when he met her like 10 years ago. She was 10 when they started filming, but might have been 11 by the time she met him. So as creepy as it was for us to watch, it had to be way more awkward for him.

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 1 - Reunion
Episode 2 - Last Rites
Episode 3 - ???
They have mentioned that a few times already. The books have to come into play sometime.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course Bran had to stay. They made it clear that their only hope is to kill the night king and Bran is the only way to bring him out to be vulnerable. They can't afford to wait or let them kill even more before they face them.

Given how much time is left I wouldn't be surprised to see the night king win at winterfell with great losses of his own and see the core fall back and rely on Cersei's armys for round two.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have mentioned that a few times already. The books have to come into play sometime.
Sam's only talked about them at least three times this season already. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Some more foreshadowing would have been nice.

If the excrement hits the wall and Sam whips out an old book, starts reading it, and figures something out on the spot, it kind of takes the ooopmh out of it.

It would be like Bran blurting something out at the last second that saves everyone.
Just lazy writing.

Reactions: gob

gob

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,496.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some more foreshadowing would have been nice.

If the excrement hits the wall and Sam whips out an old book, starts reading it, and figures something out on the spot, it kind of takes the ooopmh out of it.

It would be like Bran blurting something out at the last second that saves everyone.
Just lazy writing.
Yeah, they have to lose this battle, Sam has to survive, and find something in a future episode.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have gone through all this trouble of wanting to get it right, learning from S7 time travel snafus, one might think they had this all lined up.

Maybe they are just slowplaying the battle and do not want to show their hand?
I'm holding out hope that there will be some clever twists, but I hope it makes sense and shows continuity.

The battle either winds up in the crypts or something from the crypts winds up in the battle.

TemptressToo

The Godmother
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,242.61
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have gone through all this trouble of wanting to get it right, learning from S7 time travel snafus, one might think they had this all lined up.

Maybe they are just slowplaying the battle and do not want to show their hand?
I'm holding out hope that there will be some clever twists, but I hope it makes sense and shows continuity.

The battle either winds up in the crypts or something from the crypts winds up in the battle.
I was daydreaming the other night while thinking of the crypts and the fact all the past kings of Winterfell have iron swords. Not likely, but wouldn't it be cool if the Stark kings, unique among men given their history with the Wall and the Others, did reanimate but fight FOR Winterfell?