• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When?

Why would a Queen and a subservient King go to an abandoned castle?
Theon and them fucked up Winterfell and killed everyone in charge

This is from the books, but similar

Sack of Winterfell

well they are going north to fight the white walkers

Winterfell is in the North and Jon Snow knows it is safe. Why wouldn't they go there? The Wall is pretty busted up right now...

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theon and them fucked up Winterfell and killed everyone in charge

This is from the books, but similar

Sack of Winterfell

well they are going north to fight the white walkers

Winterfell is in the North and Jon Snow knows it is safe. Why wouldn't they go there? The Wall is pretty busted up right now...

You realize the Bolton's refortified and repaired Winterfell, right? Right?? And the wall being destroyed means there should be THOUSANDS at Winterfell!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You realize the Bolton's refortified and repaired Winterfell, right? Right?? And the wall being destroyed means there should be THOUSANDS at Winterfell!

just because it is rebuilt doesn't mean people hung around after the sack of Winterfell

https://www.quora.com/Since-the-population-of-Winterfell-is-0-who-will-repopulate-Winterfell

Winterfell isn’t a city and it’s never been a fort, it’s a castle.

In the book, Ramsay took a lot of Winterfell’s people, mostly women and children who survived Ramsay’s sack of Winterfell, back to the Dreadfort, Old Nan included. Who is still alive remains a mystery, but there is a possibilty that a few are still kicking. I hope that Old Nan is still alive, but it’s doubtful. Knowing Ramsay, who knows what happened to these captives.

In the show, Jon and Sansa have Winterfell back. They will find loyal people to take up any jobs that need filled and “repopulate” Winterfell again.

Outside of Winterfell is an area that they call a “winter town”. It’s there because once fall and winter come, Northerners, from all over the North and the mountains, will gather there for protection and food from Winterfell. During this time, it is one of the largest “northern settlements” (besides Barrowton and White Harbor) in the North.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just because it is rebuilt doesn't mean people hung around after the sack of Winterfell

https://www.quora.com/Since-the-population-of-Winterfell-is-0-who-will-repopulate-Winterfell

Winterfell isn’t a city and it’s never been a fort, it’s a castle.

In the book, Ramsay took a lot of Winterfell’s people, mostly women and children who survived Ramsay’s sack of Winterfell, back to the Dreadfort, Old Nan included. Who is still alive remains a mystery, but there is a possibilty that a few are still kicking. I hope that Old Nan is still alive, but it’s doubtful. Knowing Ramsay, who knows what happened to these captives.

In the show, Jon and Sansa have Winterfell back. They will find loyal people to take up any jobs that need filled and “repopulate” Winterfell again.

Outside of Winterfell is an area that they call a “winter town”. It’s there because once fall and winter come, Northerners, from all over the North and the mountains, will gather there for protection and food from Winterfell. During this time, it is one of the largest “northern settlements” (besides Barrowton and White Harbor) in the North.
Sigh, I've read ever page of each novel, thrice. I'm aware of Winterfell's condition in the books. We're talking about the show here, which established WInterfell was rebuilt and refortified and regardless, the Dragon Queen and the King of the North returning to Winterfell would have more than a FEW DOZEN ONHAND FOR THE OCCASION!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh, I've read ever page of each novel, thrice. I'm aware of Winterfell's condition in the books. We're talking about the show here, which established WInterfell was rebuilt and refortified and regardless, the Dragon Queen and the King of the North returning to Winterfell would have more than a FEW DOZEN ONHAND FOR THE OCCASION!
you should read the books again because you are missing a lot.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Winterfell should be inhabited by leftovers and wildlings.
All the lords and everyone else probably returned to their respective lands. (Vale/Bear Island, etc.)

Not surprising to me that there aren't that many people in the courtyard.
VIPs only!

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there may have been thousands there rebuilding it after the Bolton's took over. But that was the past.

They just got finished having a destructive civil war for control of Winterfell. There aren't a lot of Northerner's left, and who is leftover, many went back to their own homes to prepare for winter.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you should read the books again because you are missing a lot.
Sigh, no, I'm not. We're not even discussing the books, we are discussing a 10 second clip from the (now fan fiction) show.

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, there may have been thousands there rebuilding it after the Bolton's took over. But that was the past.

They just got finished having a destructive civil war for control of Winterfell. There aren't a lot of Northerner's left, and who is leftover, many went back to their own homes to prepare for winter.
The only aspect of Winterfell thats as damaged during the battle for Winterfell was the gate; already established as repaired.

And yes, presumably many did go home, but last we saw, most of the Northern Lord's as well Yohn Royce were still remaining in Winterfell because they know "the war" is coming. Regardless the "King in the North" returning AND the Dragon Queen with him should arrant more than a few spectators on hand.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only aspect of Winterfell thats as damaged during the battle for Winterfell was the gate; already established as repaired.

And yes, presumably many did go home, but last we saw, most of the Northern Lord's as well Yohn Royce were still remaining in Winterfell because they know "the war" is coming. Regardless the "King in the North" returning AND the Dragon Queen with him should arrant more than a few spectators on hand.

Eh, there are bigger hills to die on.
Like, who trains all these ravens to fly to the right castle????

Toadman005

The Scorpio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the iron islands... ugh
HAHA I love that too! Victarion Greyjoy's among my favorite characters cuz he's a dumb, straightforward brute! Damphair is also interesting to me. And the Kingsmoot was bad ass!

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HAHA I love that too! Victarion Greyjoy's among my favorite characters cuz he's a dumb, straightforward brute! Damphair is also interesting to me. And the Kingsmoot was bad ass!
I wasn’t fond of the POV characters. I also found it painful to read Cersei’s thoughts, and she had a lot of chapters.

But perhaps I was just too eager to start book 5. The stories of Tyrion, Daenerys, and Jon were more interesting to me.