• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastwatch added to the opening credits for the first time. Kinda cool.

Did Draconys need to shower after Dany lady-jizzed all over his back?

Davos wondering if Gendry was still rowing was pretty funny.

Hound HAS to survive going north of the Wall, doesn't he? Arya HAS to kill him eventually, right?
Thought the Davos line was fan service based off the jokes made for a while by everyone watching.

Hound has to survive so he can kill the mountain. Arya took him off her list and feels bad about leaving him to die.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think we lose Jorah? After all that?

I wouldn't be shocked either way but I'm leaning towards him dying a noble death north of The Wall.

The moment Jorah looked back at Dany as he was pushing the boat into the water leads me to believe that that moment was a sign of the final goodbye between Jorah and Dany. Methinks Jorah is almost certainly a goner.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And they can't use the "We thought they were dead" excuse (which would be silly on its own anyway) because Tyrion's entire plan later in the episode was to meet with Jaime. I suppose he could have found out later but that whole part was quite silly for sure!
I thought he said he was going to talk to his sister? Maybe I had that wrong.

There for sure was a hole in how that all went down. Bronn found him before any other guards did and let him live long enough to talk to his brother. What the hell?

But again, All good as long as the action keeps coming and there are solid plot turns.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FAST FORWARD/TELEPORTATION button is definitely the theme of this season.
Euron has a better transporter than the USS Enterprise.

I think the show-runners wanted to move on, so the writers are being forced to condense things to an almost eye-rolling absurd level of speeding up stuff.

but, the dialogue and character interactions are fan-rewards on steroids this season. That is better than ever.
Every character is personally interacting with others finally.

us fans are willing to overlook the absurd use of SUPER-TELEPORTERS and DEUX EX MACHINA type stuff for the awesome actual dialogue scenes.

And We understand there is little time left. So, we just have to accept some of the silliness now.

The main thing that bugs me about all the moving around in short periods of "TV time" is that Baby Sam is still a baby when it seems like all kinds of time is passing with everyone else.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The moment Jorah looked back at Dany as he was pushing the boat into the water leads me to believe that that moment was a sign of the final goodbye between Jorah and Dany. Methinks Jorah is almost certainly a goner.
Yeah, he's dead. I'm betting less than half the party that went out comes back

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There for sure was a hole in how that all went down. Bronn found him before any other guards did and let him live long enough to talk to his brother. What the hell?

But again, All good as long as the action keeps coming and there are solid plot turns.
He said Jaime is the only person Cersei will listen to and that Jaime would at the least listen to him. The fact he knew both Bronn and Jaime were good (alive) is another thing. Again, that opening scene still bothers me.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main thing that bugs me about all the moving around in short periods of "TV time" is that Baby Sam is still a baby when it seems like all kinds of time is passing with everyone else.
Still a baby? Shit, Sam threw him a book to read in this episode.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I forget how exactly he communicated his plan to Daenerys but the actual plan itself involved both Jaime and Bronn so he knew they were alive. And it's not like he would have had access to any inside information that Daenerys did not as to whether or not they were alive.

DarthVedder

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe Jon dies and is revived again ...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Jaime is the only person Cersei will listen to and that Jaime would at the least listen to him. The fact he knew both Bronn and Jaime were good (alive) is another thing. Again, that opening scene still bothers me.
Yeah, that's a solid head scratcher for sure.

Cersei will find a way to fuck these people up... again. Just trying to talk to her is a mistake to begin with. She's out for blood and doesn't give a shit who gets taken out. She's Arya with a lot bigger stick.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a baby? Shit, Sam threw him a book to read in this episode.

Yeah not an infant but a toddler I guess. I figure he should probably be about 4 or 5 by now but definitely doesn't appear to be. Not sure what Sam expected him to do with that book. Look at some pictures maybe.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's dead. I'm betting less than half the party that went out comes back
I think we're all looking past the main point, how does one capture a wight from the army of the dead? I guess I was always under the impression the night king sees all, I blame the lord of the rings for making me think he's the eye of sauron. do they have offshoots where they can just pick off a roaming wight?

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, the book that Gilly was reading that had proof of the marriage between Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark......

......do ya think that is one of the books & scrolls Sam stole from the Citadel?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm, the book that Gilly was reading that had proof of the marriage between Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark......

......do ya think that is one of the books & scrolls Sam stole from the Citadel?
someone else had pointed out the ridiculousness of that scene (Sam randomly taking books). sorry, i forget who. guess they have a good card catalog system for the forbidden room.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorta curious as to what other ice/cold control powers the Night King possesses.

Example: If the weather is cold enough (after all, the nastiest Winter in centuries has come), do you think he is capable of creating a limited/narrow ice shelf on the surface of the sea in order to by-pass the wall by Eastwatch?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorta curious as to what other ice/cold control powers the Night King possesses.

Example: If the weather is cold enough (after all, the nastiest Winter in centuries has come), do you think he is capable of creating a limited/narrow ice shelf on the surface of the sea in order to by-pass the wall by Eastwatch?
Elsa-frozen-38805270-500-224.gif

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hound HAS to survive going north of the Wall, doesn't he? Arya HAS to kill him eventually, right?

I think the Hound is gonna die while saving Arya. Maybe at his brother's hands. Although I think the Hound might slay the Mountain. Either way, I think the Hound and Arya end up as hombres some type of way.

I'm interested in seeing how Theon redeems himself. Maybe he rescues Yara or willfully gives up his life because that could shift a critical turning point in the war.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bronn/Jamie escape maneuver is a tough one.
Must be a strong undercurrent....
Furthermore, how does Tyrion know they both survived, as it was Bronn that Tyrion found to set up the meeting with Jamie.

Cersei and Euron have naval dominance.
Yet, Jon and the gang hop a ship from Dragonstone to Eastwatch.
Granted, other side of the island, but a part of Euron's fleet trashed the Unsullied boats.
Wouldn't they be patrolling that coast?
Ser Davos essentially parks right at Kings Landing and smuggles in Tyrion and gets both Tyrion/Gendry out.

I liked the Sam/Gilly scene. I would imagine someone will protest the claim of Jon's heritage, but will it be Sam or Gilly that speaks up?

Why didn't Ser Davos ask Gendry if he can forge valyrian steel or work with dragonglass?
I thought that was the whole purpose of going to find him.

While it looked like Ser Jorah and Dany were saying their last goodbyes, I would think that Ser Jorah survives, more so that he can ask for forgiveness from young Lady Mormont.

The Dream Team. Jon, Hound, Beric, Thoros, Tormund, Gendry, Jorah.
Can easily see Beric/Thoros sacrificing themselves to allow the others to escape.
Could also see the Hound suffereing wounds and someone driving dragonglass into his heart.
Undead Cleganebowl!

By the way, are Jon and Jorah the only ones with valyrian steel?
Did they bring any dragonglass?

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Littlefinger creating a rift between Sansa and Arya...

Could be an issue except the three-eyed raven knows everything.

Here's guessing the little spy who delivered the scroll meets an untimely fate and her face ends up elsewhere.