• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game of Thrones

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be Jorah's luck to survive greyscale and turning into a stone-man, only to die north of the Wall and possibly become an ice zombie. All to help the guy that is sporting his ancestral sword and who will likely bang the woman he's in love with.
Sounds like a typical Martin characters storyline for sure.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still watching the episode, hated the opening with Bronn and Jaime. Still with the title Eastwatch, I'm looking forward to an exciting ending *fingers crossed*

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So last season when Sam brought Gilly and Baby Sam to Horn Hill and claimed that Baby Sam was his son, did he also claim that he and Gilly were married? I can't remember. Would be funny if Baby Sam becomes Lord of Horn Hill (or all of The Reach depending on who you ask) with Gilly ruling in his name until he's old enough.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week's episode is going to be freaking intense...
Yeah, episode name threw me a bit off with the direction and left me with some blue balls. Feel like they're trying to fit in too much fan service i.e. Davos line to Gendry about still rowing the boat.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be Jorah's luck to survive greyscale and turning into a stone-man, only to die north of the Wall and possibly become an ice zombie. All to help the guy that is sporting his ancestral sword and who will likely bang the woman he's in love with.

Just re-watched the episode and it looks like they took a few Wildling Red Shirts north of the Wall. They might not kill off as many named characters with those guys around but I'll still be surprised if Thoros and Beric make it out of there. Beric's outlived his book counterpart and not really sure what purpose he serves at this point. The only way to permanently kill off the show version appears to be by killing of Thoros as well.

Speaking of the Brotherhood guys, anyone else find it odd that they were prisoners at Eastwatch? I mean at The Citadel, King's Landing, Dragonstone, and even Winterfell we have characters trying to convince other characters that the White Walkers and their army of the dead are a real threat, and here we have 2 groups of characters that need no convincing and yet they can't be allies for some reason?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The note was clearly the one that Sansa wrote in season one.

Littlefinger knew Arya was spying on him.
He set the whole scroll thing up ahead of time. He is much better at the game than Arya,

He played her like a violin.
He purposely let her read it (out of context without knowing it was coerced by force from Cersei).

It makes Sansa look like a Lannister sympathizer and traitor to the Starks.
Arya has no idea it was written by force. Nor, can she confront Sansa with it as Littlefinger will destroy it now.

So, now Arya will not trust Sansa, and any family obstacle is removed from his ambitions with Sansa.
Or she might go over the edge, and cause chaos to strengthen the support for Sansa over Jon from Northerners.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Archmaesters,

The Night King is coming from the North with an army of the dead.

Sincerely,
Bran "the cripple boy" Stark

PS. Just in case you didn't figure out that I was crippled in my signature, I'm telling you here. I really need Sam to overhear you talking about a cripple boy to move his plot forward.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The note was clearly the one that Sansa wrote in season one.

Littlefinger knew Arya was spying on him.
He set the whole scroll thing up ahead of time. He is much better at the game than Arya,

He played her like a violin.
He purposely let her read it (out of context without knowing it was coerced by force from Cersei).

It makes Sansa look like a Lannister sympathizer and traitor to the Starks.
Arya has no idea it was written by force. Nor, can she confront Sansa with it as Littlefinger will destroy it now.

So, now Arya will not trust Sansa, and any family obstacle is removed from his ambitions with Sansa.
Or she might go over the edge, and cause chaos to strengthen the support for Sansa over Jon from Northerners.
Littlefinger definitely set it up for Arya. The previews for next week makes it look like she took the bait, but who knows. Still can't figure out the end game he's looking for. Wanted to fuck Catleyn, couldn't. Wants to fuck Sansa, goes in a long round about way to make that happen and with every move it takes him further and further out of getting it in.

TheRangerDude

(Dude/Dudeim)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the episode, a lot going on but seemed super weird that Jame and Bron were able to get away from the battle after just falling 10 to 15ft away from away from it. Nobody searched for the guy that tried to kill Dany or the guy that saved him from the fire?

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Underwater Teleporters now too. Westeros has some amazing technology.

Jaime and Bronn go under water (way, way under water) in literally the middle of a battlefield. Then come up gasping for air in an area so distant that they don't even see anyone. Next scene they've teleported to Kings Landing, but that's just casual no horse teleporting they've been doing, not a big deal.

I like how nobody notices armies sneaking up on them, but the wildlings not only found, but also captured and jailed a small group of pretty legendary fighters. Pretty convenient for Jon that The Hound just let people capture, dis-arm and imprison him.

I'm trying to still like the show, and it definitely has it's moments. Like Jon finally not being a whiny bitch this week, and Sam & Gilly just by happenstance coming across important info about Jons birth and not even rwaluuzing it. But so much of it is just so poorly done.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next scene they've teleported to Kings Landing, but that's just casual no horse teleporting they've been doing, not a big deal.

The battle wasn't far from Kings Landing. Not sure why one would suggest it was unreasonable that they made it back. If something like this bothers you then how in the world did you get past the very first episode of the series?

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jaime and Bronn go under water (way, way under water) in literally the middle of a battlefield. Then come up gasping for air in an area so distant that they don't even see anyone. Next scene they've teleported to Kings Landing, but that's just casual no horse teleporting they've been doing, not a big deal.

I like how nobody notices armies sneaking up on them, but the wildlings not only found, but also captured and jailed a small group of pretty legendary fighters. Pretty convenient for Jon that The Hound just let people capture, dis-arm and imprison him.

I'm trying to still like the show, and it definitely has it's moments. Like Jon finally not being a whiny bitch this week, and Sam & Gilly just by happenstance coming across important info about Jons birth and not even rwaluuzing it. But so much of it is just so poorly done.
well, that bit even bothered me as well, as far as the fan service goes. there was no need for it outside of the writers looking at fan posts and speculations and giving a wink and a nod. fuck, the former you mentioned caused me to post in this thread in the middle of the episode,as it bothered me that much. i don't think deus ex machina is the right word, but I don't know how to correctly say how they're trying to just make things work for a quick ending.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the episode, a lot going on but seemed super weird that Jame and Bron were able to get away from the battle after just falling 10 to 15ft away from away from it. Nobody searched for the guy that tried to kill Dany or the guy that saved him from the fire?
I was just about to ask why the normally cynical crowd up here hasn't already hammered this point.

I mean they are knocked into the water with a dragon and whole army near them. Somehow they come out onto an empty shore and just ride back home.

Talk about teleportation.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just about to ask why the normally cynical crowd up here hasn't already hammered this point.

I mean they are knocked into the water with a dragon and whole army near them. Somehow they come out onto an empty shore and just ride back home.

That metal hand is really a tank of oxygen.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eastwatch added to the opening credits for the first time. Kinda cool.

Did Draconys need to shower after Dany lady-jizzed all over his back?

Davos wondering if Gendry was still rowing was pretty funny.

Hound HAS to survive going north of the Wall, doesn't he? Arya HAS to kill him eventually, right?

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The FAST FORWARD/TELEPORTATION button is definitely the theme of this season.
Euron has a better transporter than the USS Enterprise.

I think the show-runners wanted to move on, so the writers are being forced to condense things to an almost eye-rolling absurd level of speeding up stuff.

but, the dialogue and character interactions are fan-rewards on steroids this season. That is better than ever.
Every character is personally interacting with others finally.

us fans are willing to overlook the absurd use of SUPER-TELEPORTERS and DEUX EX MACHINA type stuff for the awesome actual dialogue scenes.

And We understand there is little time left. So, we just have to accept some of the silliness now.

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've enjoyed the season and still look forward to it going forward, but even with the rogues gallery going north of the wall and the reintroduction of Gendry, I feel like the writers are just going wouldn't it be cool if X and Y met each other and had a conversation? Let's make that happen.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean did the coming up out of the water with no one around ruin the episode? Naw. I just want to be entertained. I leave the outrage and spoiling stuff to some of the fans I laugh at.

Sticking to the plot twists.

Dany now lets the shrimp that never seems to be right talk her into trying to bargain with the woman who has destroyed most of the world already and has proven to not be trustworthy for even her own family. :L Really?

Little finger found a way to manipulate one the starks. To what end we do not know, but he found a wedge and set that up nicely. Can't say anyone saw that coming, even if we don't yet know where it's going.

Sam just loads up random scrolls and heads out with no one noticing. And we can expect some major bombshell to be in those random scrolls I'm sure. At least there are no more bed pans.

Dany watches her favorite dragon all but kneel to Jon and she barely gives a glance at it and sort of shrugs it off.

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And they can't use the "We thought they were dead" excuse (which would be silly on its own anyway) because Tyrion's entire plan later in the episode was to meet with Jaime. I suppose he could have found out later but that whole part was quite silly for sure!