• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Day Traditions...

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have seen this elsewhere of people talking about their game day traditions and just wondering what all of you do to prepare for a Bronco game?

My Sunday's always start off with a healthy dose of 104.3 The Fan podcast from the Friday shows to hear if there is any Bronco news that I have missed.

Since I am a pastor it then turns to focusing towards my job for a few hours but the congregation knows that as soon as service is over it is straight home to put on my Elway Jersey and depending on the game time begin the barbequing for the game.

During the game after every Bronco touchdown my two dogs and I have to run at least 3 laps around our basement (bigger than you might think and usually takes until the kickoff to finish).

Morpheus

RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am a little superstitious for game day. Home games are Orange 18 jersey, away games are Blue 7 jersey. I have about 30 Bronco hats hanging in my office and I rotate about 3 that I wear. Bronco boxers and sweatpants for every game.

I have to make pork green chile stew every home game and usually have leftovers in the freezer for away games. If not, then it's a trip to the store that morning.

HAVE TO HAVE THE CHILE!

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I have seen this elsewhere of people talking about their game day traditions and just wondering what all of you do to prepare for a Bronco game?

My Sunday's always start off with a healthy dose of 104.3 The Fan podcast from the Friday shows to hear if there is any Bronco news that I have missed.

Since I am a pastor it then turns to focusing towards my job for a few hours but the congregation knows that as soon as service is over it is straight home to put on my Elway Jersey and depending on the game time begin the barbequing for the game.

During the game after every Bronco touchdown my two dogs and I have to run at least 3 laps around our basement (bigger than you might think and usually takes until the kickoff to finish).

LOL That's awesome! Reminds me of the old college tradition that many school mascots observe by doing the number of push-ups equal to the number of points on the board after each score. I do that too, but I wish I had a convenient place to run laps with my dog after each score!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL That's awesome! Reminds me of the old college tradition that many school mascots observe by doing the number of push-ups equal to the number of points on the board after each score. I do that too, but I wish I had a convenient place to run laps with my dog after each score!

We had a big party for the last Broncos/Chiefs game where they were wanting me to do pushups for every score by the Broncos. Told them there is no way I could do that many push ups with how many points the Broncos were going to score that day.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol! Sounds like too much work CD. I thought Sundays were suppossed to be a day of rest:). Myself, I usually watch NFL network untill about 15 mins till game time. Then I switch over to Fox so I can watch Rob Riggle cause the guys pretty funny most times. Next its off to Red Zone which I stay with till Bronco game ( always switch back during the TOs). My youngest daughter always comes over Sunday to watch football with me and my wife. Their both big Bronco fans thanks to me:). That`s what I enjoy the most... family and Bronco victories on Sunday. Oh, and of course...beers, brauts and de other tings!!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff fellas....

For me, it usually consists of waking up at, or before 7am. The Broncos playing is usually the first thing that crosses my mind the second I wake up. From then on its a mix of NFL Gameday or NFL Network to get all the pre-game hype going. I have about 50 Broncos shirts and hats to choose from, but come game time I usually will throw on the Champ or Von jersey. I wear my Broncos stuff all over town this time of year, so it all gets some play :nod:

I'm a big wings guy, so whether we order them (got some good wing spots around here), or grill them up myself.....it's all good. Big fan of green chile too, and sometimes we'll make massive burritos and drowned them in that good stuff. Half the time we make food though, I'm too wound up to eat during the game, so most of it ends up going home with me.

As for watching the game - It's pretty much just me, my sisters, nephew and my mom. I still, to this day, will argue that we're the biggest Broncos fans in Central Florida! I bring on any challengers to that! We're all head to toe Orange and Blue this time of year. We mob around town like a little clan.

Such a huge win yesterday!!!! What reslience from these guys after going down 21-7 and KC having every last bit of momentum on their side. All alone in 1st now. Feels so nice.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good stuff fellas....

For me, it usually consists of waking up at, or before 7am. The Broncos playing is usually the first thing that crosses my mind the second I wake up. From then on its a mix of NFL Gameday or NFL Network to get all the pre-game hype going. I have about 50 Broncos shirts and hats to choose from, but come game time I usually will throw on the Champ or Von jersey. I wear my Broncos stuff all over town this time of year, so it all gets some play :nod:

I'm a big wings guy, so whether we order them (got some good wing spots around here), or grill them up myself.....it's all good. Big fan of green chile too, and sometimes we'll make massive burritos and drowned them in that good stuff. Half the time we make food though, I'm too wound up to eat during the game, so most of it ends up going home with me.

As for watching the game - It's pretty much just me, my sisters, nephew and my mom. I still, to this day, will argue that we're the biggest Broncos fans in Central Florida! I bring on any challengers to that! We're all head to toe Orange and Blue this time of year. We mob around town like a little clan.

Such a huge win yesterday!!!! What reslience from these guys after going down 21-7 and KC having every last bit of momentum on their side. All alone in 1st now. Feels so nice.

Nothing better to kill opposing teams' momentum than to have a nice run of 28 unanswered points :yahoo:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pregame I smoke a bowl/take a dab in my Von jersey

FFSparky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coffee and ESPN or FOX are my usual Sunday morning vices. In Iowa local TV gives priority to Vikings, Bears, Packers, and Chiefs games so I have Direct TV / NFL Sunday ticket to ensure I can watch the game I want to. On occasions I will connect with a friends at local sports pub which was the case yesterday with a Chiefs fan ;^)

Go Broncos!
:suds:

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually on my 5th or 6th by kickoff :rockon:

No doubt about that, but I certainly need one pregame and postgame to alleviate some stress:lol: