• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game 4 Dubs vs Flop City 4/27/14 1230p

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize the Clips heart may not have been in this game, but it was a great win for the Dubs nonetheless.

First off, credit where credit is due, Mark Jackson coached a helluva game. The Warriors came out and put the boots to the Clips right away. It starts from Jackson changing up the starting lineup and putting Draymond Green in there for JO(something which I suggested we do before the start of the series). Green is a great screen setter and I don't believe it's a coincidence that Curry got that many open clean looks in the first quarter.

Second, another adjustment Jackson made was having the small to small pick and roll. That was huge in creating more opportunities for Steph. If the Clips switched, Curry burned whoever guarded him. If they didn't, Steph gave the ball up and it allowed the other guards to create. Overall great decision.

Third, Jackson's rotation for this game was superb. He shortened the rotation and it still allowed for a good amount of rest for most of the players. If Klay was able to stay out of foul trouble, Iguodala, Green and Curry may have gotten a few more minutes rest. Should hopefully be a 8 man rotation going forward in this series.

Lastly, the biggest adjustment was that they finally made a concerted effort to double Griffin. The guy is a star and is going to get his, but his impact on the game was sparse.

Overall I liked what I saw from a game plan and coaching aspect. The execution was obviously there too from the player's stand point. Great games also from Iguodala and Barnes. Need more of the same if we're going to continue to have success.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It starts from Jackson changing up the starting lineup and putting Draymond Green in there for JO(something which I suggested we do before the start of the series). Green is a great screen setter and I don't believe it's a coincidence that Curry got that many open clean looks in the first quarter.

Have you submitted your resume to the Warriors lol? Word on the street is that they might be looking for a new head coach. Curry didn't have many good looks in the second half so the Clips defended the P&R better. We'll see if Green/Lee combo has staying power for the rest of the series. This game reminded me of how effective Curry is at pulling the trigger on those quick jumpers in the transition game. Warriors definitely need more of the same in game 5. Klay is actually the same as Curry in that respect.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about a really quiet game thread. Where is tzill with his pantshatting? He seems to be filling in well for Toby.

I was a pleased as anyone Jax finally adjusted to the Clipper D. Only took him three games.

The Sterling poop parade didn't hurt either.

This series is now officially up in the air because of those two things, neither of which I saw coming. If you did, may I please have the Super Lotto numbers?

:clap:

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really wish we had won game 3 now. No way the Clips would come back from 3-1 down with everything has been hanging over their heads.

It was possible if Jax had started Lee/Green/Iggy/Klay/Steph.

Unfortunately, he needs to be beaten over the head with results to make a change.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you submitted your resume to the Warriors lol? Word on the street is that they might be looking for a new head coach. Curry didn't have many good looks in the second half so the Clips defended the P&R better. We'll see if Green/Lee combo has staying power for the rest of the series. This game reminded me of how effective Curry is at pulling the trigger on those quick jumpers in the transition game. Warriors definitely need more of the same in game 5. Klay is actually the same as Curry in that respect.

Unfortunately my resume was rejected. I think they tossed it out when I listed Toby and Tzill as a reference.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was possible if Jax had started Lee/Green/Iggy/Klay/Steph.

Unfortunately, he needs to be beaten over the head with results to make a change.

Progress is progress. Amirite?

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors' O'Neal volunteers to step aside | CSN Bay Area

Article says that while Jackson was thinking about making a change, JO was the one who approached him to starting Draymond. I absolutely love everything JO has brought to the team this year. Guy is truly all about the team and a great leader.

Also, I think we may be seeing some of what is missing with all the departed assistants. If it takes JO to recognize Jordan and Griffin's defensive tendencies when he's in the game, then there's something wrong with that picture.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pleasantly surprised by last night's outcome. I thought the Dubs were done after game 3.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for Jackson, he's surrounded by people who know alot more about basketball than he does, despite his 17 years in the league. He doesn't really need assistant coaches either. All he needs to do is read internet forums or fan blogs for the kind sage advice that wins games, playoff series and maybe even championships. Myers doesn't need to replace Jackson. He just needs to update his smart phone.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luckily for Jackson, he's surrounded by people who know alot more about basketball than he does, despite his 17 years in the league. He doesn't really need assistant coaches either. All he needs to do is read internet forums or fan blogs for the kind sage advice that wins games, playoff series and maybe even championships. Myers doesn't need to replace Jackson. He just needs to update his smart phone.

I see what you did there...

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just as a roster has to have depth, so does a coaching team. If that was the case, Pops, Thibs, Spoe, etc, could all be saving their teams tons of money, by not employing any assistants.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just as a roster has to have depth, so does a coaching team. If that was the case, Pops, Thibs, Spoe, etc, could all be saving their teams tons of money, by not employing any assistants.

I agree. I was just kidding. Speaking of assistants, I'll be keeping a close eye on Scalabrine. Given his prior Boston connection with Lacob, and the fact that he was not fired but only demoted, I wonder if he could be the chosen one if Jackson departs.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with tzill on this one, actually. Jackson is a stubborn asshole and is a liability on this team moving forward.

I for one wouldn't mind him gone after this season.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors' O'Neal volunteers to step aside | CSN Bay Area

Article says that while Jackson was thinking about making a change, JO was the one who approached him to starting Draymond. I absolutely love everything JO has brought to the team this year. Guy is truly all about the team and a great leader.

Also, I think we may be seeing some of what is missing with all the departed assistants. If it takes JO to recognize Jordan and Griffin's defensive tendencies when he's in the game, then there's something wrong with that picture.

Sushi, I wish you would have posted that in a new thread, but that's they type of person JO is, he knows he has this year, and maybe 1 year left as a player, he has his on the prize.

I love what JO has brought to the team in terms of leadership, showing the young players what it means to be a Pro and to be ready when your # is called.

WORD

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sushi, I wish you would have posted that in a new thread, but that's they type of person JO is, he knows he has this year, and maybe 1 year left as a player, he has his on the prize.

I love what JO has brought to the team in terms of leadership, showing the young players what it means to be a Pro and to be ready when your # is called.

WORD

Me too. Fire Jackson and hire O'Neill.