• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 2 2020 Rams @ Eagles

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good thing we went for two on that TD. Now we have to go for two.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is the little things. Instead of going for 2 earlier we would only be down 7. Yes I know Wentz threw an interception but Sanders also fumble too. A trend I notice is that when we need the defense to come up huge the just don't. And I don't think it is the players fault. I put that on the coaches.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the little things.. like not having a real starting QB. one who throws a horrible INT in the endzone one drive, then ignores a completely wide open TE for an easy TD on the next. hopefully he gets another chance and comes through, but i'm not holding my breath.

it's the continual difference between winning and losing close games. that's why a QB who i will not name was able to keep getting us wins.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
will the offense we continually build around finally be able to score 20 next week? LOFL!

wentz needs more weapons!!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
choke job by Atlanta
No surprise there
That should be the city motto

meaningless. the eagles still have to play the niners, steelers, ravens, browns, seahawks, packers, saints and cardinals. LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

i've said numerous times since the schedule release, we'll be lucky to win like 4 or 5 games. dudes just don't get it. the eagles are old. they have tons of holes. wentz isn't close to being an elite QB. we have very little going for us. they're a joke talent wise compared to teams like the ravens, chiefs, etc.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed a good portion of the first half. I tuned in when it was 21-3. This is my take on the game.

Doug Pederson and Carson Wentz were not as bad as the media and Foles ass licker is going to make it out to be. What I saw was actually encouraging. Pederson changed up the play calling and put a emphasis on the run. Wentz did not try to be superman all game long. I saw him throw the ball into the ground on blown up screens and I saw him throw the ball away when people were not open to live another play. That was encouraging. I don't think his first interception was all that bad. It was on the money and he threw a dart in a very tight window. The defender made a great diving play. I did not see the 2nd interception. I turned the game off with 3 minutes left in the game. It was over by then.

The Defense is huge problem and I am not going to blame the players. I am going to blame Jim Schwartz. It was one of the most embarrasing performings I have ever seen from an Eagles defense in quite some time. There is talent and Jim Schwartz is getting thoroughly outcoached. Carson Wentz put the Eagles in bad situations against the Skins but let's be honest. The Skins are a horrible football team and the Defense did jack shit to step up when we needed them to. I still put the blame of the skins loss on Wentz and Pederson but after seeing the performance against the Rams it is clear we have a problem on defense.

Schwarts should have been fired a couple years ago.

L.Freamon

Formerly FWFW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. I think we are looking at a top 10 pick. We don't do anything well. Not a well coached team on either side of the ball imo.

And FWIW, Desean looks miserable.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz said "Don't panic. We're O.K". It would help if he would stop throwing interceptions.

Yesterday, the announcer said that they were flat. For the past few years, they don't play like they give a crap until they're on the verge of elimination and THEN they wake up.
They started out great against Washington, had the interception, and then they quit.
Yesterday, they started out slowly, with no emotion, started a comeback, were on the verge of taking the lead and possibly taking the lead, and then he threw the pick in the end zone. After that, they quit and the game was over.
I would like to believe that they have enough talent but they have to play with emotion, like they give a crap. I guess Pederson is to blame for some of that.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not liked Swartz for a long time. Our players don't suck as bad as our DC does. Wentz isn't perfect but he is a good QB. I am sick of seeing our DB's playing 7 yards off when it is 3rd and short. The Rams are a good team and Doug had a good game plan. Wentz still needs to play better but that last interception he was just trying to make a play. I think Miles Sanders was a bright spot except for the early fumble. The offense will get better once our inexperienced receivers get more playing time.

The Wide 9 concept is great when you have the talent to run it. But that could be said for any defensive scheme. The wide 9 is about pressuring the QB and when that doesn't happen it exposes the rest of the D. We will be fine when we change our DC.

I am not calling for a QB change but it was nice to see Hurtz active this week. He was a 2nd round pick and should be expected to contribute this year. Decoy this week but soon he will get the ball and give DC's something else to game plan for.

We have a lot of injuries again this year. I wasn't really expecting a great start. I am not going to give up on this year but my expectations are much lower now.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz won them a Super Bowl and he has gotten them to the playoffs.
They just need to play like they care.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schwartz won them a Super Bowl and he has gotten them to the playoffs.
They just need to play like they care.
We won despite our defense. Brady was 28-48 for 505 YDS and 3 TD's. The Pats had 613 total yards. I don't remember much defense during this Super Bowl on either side. :D

That year our offense was dominate in the 1st quarter. His defense got the benefit of playing when we had big leads. The D-line could tee off because we knew they had to pass. If we could get back to putting up 21 points in the 1st quarter his defense might be ok.

My last straw was the loss to the Dolphins last year. Sure we got to the playoffs by beating the lowly NFC East teams. I would have to say Dallas self destructing got us in the playoffs not Schartz's defense. We did beat teams we were supposed to be beat so I have no problem with that.

I can look at the game last year against the Packers and say he has beaten some good teams. Unfortunately, he has more poor performances than good ones. If he were a player we would be screaming for the back up to go in. His defense has been figured out by the NFL an it appears he is unable to adjust to keep it fresh.

I hope we can beat the Bengals with a Rookie QB. They are 0-2 as well so if we lose this game we will be making a strong bid for the number 1 pick in the draft. I don't think this is the gong to happen because we are a good team.

If Schwartz can slow down the 49ers, Steelers, and Ravens then I guess I am wrong. You have more faith than I do in our defense and I hope that you are right.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We won despite our defense. Brady was 28-48 for 505 YDS and 3 TD's. The Pats had 613 total yards. I don't remember much defense during this Super Bowl on either side. :D

That year our offense was dominate in the 1st quarter. His defense got the benefit of playing when we had big leads. The D-line could tee off because we knew they had to pass. If we could get back to putting up 21 points in the 1st quarter his defense might be ok.

My last straw was the loss to the Dolphins last year. Sure we got to the playoffs by beating the lowly NFC East teams. I would have to say Dallas self destructing got us in the playoffs not Schartz's defense. We did beat teams we were supposed to be beat so I have no problem with that.

I can look at the game last year against the Packers and say he has beaten some good teams. Unfortunately, he has more poor performances than good ones. If he were a player we would be screaming for the back up to go in. His defense has been figured out by the NFL an it appears he is unable to adjust to keep it fresh.

I hope we can beat the Bengals with a Rookie QB. They are 0-2 as well so if we lose this game we will be making a strong bid for the number 1 pick in the draft. I don't think this is the gong to happen because we are a good team.

If Schwartz can slow down the 49ers, Steelers, and Ravens then I guess I am wrong. You have more faith than I do in our defense and I hope that you are right.
I would like to think that they just need to play with intensity - but we'll see.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaac Seumalo is out. Matt Pryor will get the start.

djm

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to think that they just need to play with intensity - but we'll see.
I do not disagree. This would be a great start! :D

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Pro Football Talk's rankings for the week, they say "As soon as the Eagles realize that they are in a must win situation, then they will start winning".
In other words, they believe that the talent is there. They just have to play like they care.