• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 162

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, no, no.

Sweep the Rays.
Sweep the Tigers.
7 epic games with the Cardinals.

I win either way!

:peace:

I'm ok up until the WS. I want to beat PHL in the WS. I'll have my sign there that says "Cliff: should have taken more money AND the ring"

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team doesn't care who they play or where, and neither do I

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lay off the happy sauce a bit man. This is not a good thing for the Rangers. They just drew the hottest team next to them going into the playoffs and will face a guy who has allowed 1 ER in 17 innings against them.

COME ON! Texas is the hottest team, DET is the next, and TPA just squeaked in. In DFW we own the Rays. BOS owned us late in the season at home.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lay off the happy sauce a bit man. This is not a good thing for the Rangers. They just drew the hottest team next to them going into the playoffs and will face a guy who has allowed 1 ER in 17 innings against them.

And if we lose to them, then the Rays are the better team. I don't see how this is an issue. As a fan, you shouldn't be hoping for one team over the other in the playoffs. Texas is a championship caliber team this year and there's no easy route to the WS. We should WANT to beat the best, not a team that crawled into the playoffs.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dang, we ended 2 games out of HFA throughout the AL playoffs.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry folks. This was the worst case scenario for the Rangers going into tonight. I'd rather have faced the Yankees with that pitching rotation than the Rays and theirs. Not saying I don't have faith in the Rangers, but I'm that frightened about what the Rays have been doing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if we lose to them, then the Rays are the better team. I don't see how this is an issue. As a fan, you shouldn't be hoping for one team over the other in the playoffs. Texas is a championship caliber team this year and there's no easy route to the WS. We should WANT to beat the best, not a team that crawled into the playoffs.

The only argument I can make is that it would be awesome to get to the WS through both BOS and NYY, but BOS isn't good enough to make it, so we will have to take the team that just barely eeked by em

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
COME ON! Texas is the hottest team, DET is the next, and TPA just squeaked in. In DFW we own the Rays. BOS owned us late in the season at home.

Let's add that just because Boston floundered down the stretch doesn't mean they can't score 8 runs a game in post season especially in Arlington as their hitters fit our park to a tee. I really didn't care who the Rangers played. Just wanted to have home field for the first round and hopefully for the Championship series as well.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Blah. Garbage. Give me the easiest route to the title. As a fan I want to see the team have the best chance to win. You're right that the Rangers don't care who they play, but they know what this Rays team has been doing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry folks. This was the worst case scenario for the Rangers going into tonight. I'd rather have faced the Yankees with that pitching rotation than the Rays and theirs. Not saying I don't have faith in the Rangers, but I'm that frightened about what the Rays have been doing.

Sorry, not buying it. We were, what, 2-7 against yanks this year? Let Verlander soften em up before we get to them, or take on DET in dallas.

We are facing a TPA team that we can beat. The Yanks, I don't think so in a 5 game series in NY.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah. Garbage. Give me the easiest route to the title. As a fan I want to see the team have the best chance to win. You're right that the Rangers don't care who they play, but they know what this Rays team has been doing.

I really don't see much of a difference. Both teams are about the same. Rays pitch a little better and the Sox have the more prolific offense. I'd rather play the team that doesn't score that well rather than the team that can get on a roll and annihilate our pitchers. The Sox also have a tremendous home field advantage that the Rays do not enjoy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note from the lovely doom and gloom, did you know that Texas starters had the 2nd most wins as a group? 74, second only to PHL's 76. Our starters gave up the fewest losses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Rays credit for the comeback but it doesn't happen if the Sox can even win 7 games this month. I'm not "frightened" by what they've been doing.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't see much of a difference. Both teams are about the same. Rays pitch a little better and the Sox have the more prolific offense. I'd rather play the team that doesn't score that well rather than the team that can get on a roll and annihilate our pitchers. The Sox also have a tremendous home field advantage that the Rays do not enjoy.

THIS. I trust our hitters vs their pitchers in Texas as opposed to BOS hitters against our pitchers in Texas.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give the Rays credit for the comeback but it doesn't happen if the Sox can even win 7 games this month. I'm not "frightened" by what they've been doing.

TPA has done a great thing coming back.

What do they have left in the tank?

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peace out, I'm exhausted. Kiddo will probably wake up just as I'm getting in bed, but I got to see two historic collapses tonight.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also the Rays are 6-4 in their last 10 and we're 9-1. Let's not act like TPA is the hottest team in the league. They played good baseball while Boston played terrible baseball. We played GREAT baseball.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The Sox were a walking corpse. They probably would have lost yesterday, but at least Shields would have been out until Game 3. I have no fear of the Sox, but the Rays scare the crap out of me.