• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game 162

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think its necessarily "doom and gloom"...as much as it is saying to "tap the brakes" a little bit. No one is saying the Rangers arent going to win....its just being said that Tampa will be a tough(er) out than Boston.

It wont be a cakewalk like some are making it out to be... but the better team will come out on top.

I have faith in the lil' Rangers.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also the Rays are 6-4 in their last 10 and we're 9-1. Let's not act like TPA is the hottest team in the league. They played good baseball while Boston played terrible baseball. We played GREAT baseball.

It's great to face the A's and M's and an Angels team with nothing to play for.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont think its necessarily "doom and gloom"...as much as it is saying to "tap the brakes" a little bit. No one is saying the Rangers arent going to win....its just being said that Tampa will be a tough(er) out than Boston.

It wont be a cakewalk like some are making it out to be... but the better team will come out on top.

I have faith in the lil' Rangers.

Yup. I think it's insane to be jumping up and down for joy that the worst team of all the playoff contenders got bounced for the team that has the second best pitching staff in the AL going in.

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but the Rays scare the crap out of me.

I'm that way with the Tigers currently... Let that series go 5...and have Verlander throw twice. Please.

The Rays rotation kinda worries me... but with the way the Rangers are rolling currently (albeit being shutdown tonight)... I believe the Rangers will come out on top...

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup. I think it's insane to be jumping up and down for joy that the worst team of all the playoff contenders got bounced for the team that has the second best pitching staff in the AL going in.

Apples and oranges here.

Rangers play their baseball, they win.

Whatever team they play.

dmc0015

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My final post of the night. Glad the Rangers have homefield advantage in the ALDS and are in the playoffs, but it is the worst thing that could have happened once they clinched HF that they now face a Rays team with James Shields at the front of the rotation. I will feel good if the Rangers come away with a 1-1 split to open the series. Damn good. Goodnight folks!

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers had 3 possible 1st round opponents going into the night:

Yankees on the road
Red Sox at home
Rays at home

So they end up with the 2nd best option in my opinion. Don't forget, if the Red Sox had made the playoffs, all the pressure they had been feeling all month would be gone, and they might have relaxed and played great in October. The Rays will be tough because they are playing well. But don't be mistaken-the Yanks layed down for them this series, and still competed pretty well with the rays.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it really matters who you play in post season ball. If you are good enough you'll win and if not you'll lose. If the Rangers can't beat the Rays then they probably would not have beaten the Sox, Tigers or Yankees either. All 4 of those teams have flaws that the Rangers can exploit. Rangers are the most complete team. Are on the biggest roll. Have great speed, power and defense and really enjoy winning.

Ginger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers had 3 possible 1st round opponents going into the night:

Yankees on the road
Red Sox at home
Rays at home

So they end up with the 2nd best option in my opinion. Don't forget, if the Red Sox had made the playoffs, all the pressure they had been feeling all month would be gone, and they might have relaxed and played great in October. The Rays will be tough because they are playing well. But don't be mistaken-the Yanks layed down for them this series, and still competed pretty well with the rays.

I gave you rep for this. It was your absolute best comment ever.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm that way with the Tigers currently... Let that series go 5...and have Verlander throw twice. Please.

The Rays rotation kinda worries me... but with the way the Rangers are rolling currently (albeit being shutdown tonight)... I believe the Rangers will come out on top...

Other than Shields and Price i'm not scared of them Hellickson has been Extremly luck 2.95 era with a 4.44 FIP SCREAMS luck

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As opposed to BAL and a NYY with nothing to play for?

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Same thing can be said about the Rays. They made up a 7-0 lead against a Yankees spring training line up. Otherwise we might be watching a playoff game today.