• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Gambling Suspensions

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it affects their draft. There are still good WR free agents available if they're really worried about it.

As it is, Jamo will still be available for twice as many games as he was last year.
Who?

Reactions: Rob

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who are the FA wide receivers?

Jarvis Landry, Julio Jones. Both are getting old but can still play. Especially Landry. It's just a 6 game suspension.

Last edited:

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could cut Jones and it wouldn’t matter. He’s old. Chark is dangerous when healthy. Marv isn’t.

They need to draft a receiver early now imo.
Marv sure is old, but Chark was not really a factor all year either. We played plenty without him and put up plenty of points. This suspension changes nothing, and this is not a great draft for wr.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are the FA wide receivers?

Jarvis Landry, Julio Jones. Both are getting old but can still play. Especially Landry. It's just a 6 game suspension.
Landry was my boy, but he’s done even as an underneath guy.

Jones stopped getting open two years ago.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marv sure is old, but Chark was not really a factor all year either. We played plenty without him and put up plenty of points. This suspension changes nothing, and this is not a great draft for wr.
I think the suspension really limits the offense for the first month and a half.

They have no downfield threat as of now.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the suspension really limits the offense for the first month and a half.

They have no downfield threat as of now.
When Chark chose to have optional surgery right after signing that contract our offense was not any worse than when he came back. He added a different element, but he didn't make the team any more effective.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Chark chose to have optional surgery right after signing that contract our offense was not any worse than when he came back. He added a different element, but he didn't make the team any more effective.
2-4 when he didn’t play.

Including the three lowest point totals for the season.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm too lazy to look it up, but at that point we still had a pro bowl receiving TE?

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could cut Jones and it wouldn’t matter. He’s old. Chark is dangerous when healthy. Marv isn’t.

They need to draft a receiver early now imo.
Why? How many rookie WRs make a big impact their first season, let alone the first 6 games? I think that would be an over reaction. I'm fine with grabbing another WR at some point, but I don't see any reason to take one early, not with this class.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? How many rookie WRs make a big impact their first season, let alone the first 6 games? I think that would be an over reaction. I'm fine with grabbing another WR at some point, but I don't see any reason to take one early, not with this class.
We go 3 wide quite often, and right now Marvin Jones, Josh Reynolds, and Khalif Raymond are all expected to see playing time. Do you want to rely on any of those 3? Even if you are happy with 2 of them starting for 6 weeks before only 1 of them starts, all 3 are on the last year of their contract. Do you see any of them coming back?

Plus everyone talks about Jameson Williams as if he's some sure fire superstar. He played 6 games last year and had a grand total of 1 catch. James Mitchell is currently our number 3 TE on the depth chart but was #4 last year until Hockenson got traded. He had 11 catches.

WR is absolutely a need. I don't know if the value is there to take one at #6, but there could 100% be a WR at the top of the BPA list with #18.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We go 3 wide quite often, and right now Marvin Jones, Josh Reynolds, and Khalif Raymond are all expected to see playing time. Do you want to rely on any of those 3? Even if you are happy with 2 of them starting for 6 weeks before only 1 of them starts, all 3 are on the last year of their contract. Do you see any of them coming back?

Plus everyone talks about Jameson Williams as if he's some sure fire superstar. He played 6 games last year and had a grand total of 1 catch. James Mitchell is currently our number 3 TE on the depth chart but was #4 last year until Hockenson got traded. He had 11 catches.

WR is absolutely a need. I don't know if the value is there to take one at #6, but there could 100% be a WR at the top of the BPA list with #18.
Let's assume that ARSB is a stud for the next 2 seasons, I don't think that is a reach at all. He's going to get a major raise, at least top 15-20 of WR pay. Now you have Williams. So far, you have an injury season that was expected, and a stupid decision that will cost 6 games. If he lights it up like Holmes expects, his second contract will be in 3 years, and would be another huge contract. If you take a WR at #18, you are going to have a contract log jam at the WR spot. That isn't sounds salary cap management.

So we have to sign additional WRs after next season, or draft a WR later this year and/or next. I'm fine with that. Taking one in the first this year would have me doubting Holmes. This class isn't worth a high pick.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's assume that ARSB is a stud for the next 2 seasons, I don't think that is a reach at all. He's going to get a major raise, at least top 15-20 of WR pay. Now you have Williams. So far, you have an injury season that was expected, and a stupid decision that will cost 6 games. If he lights it up like Holmes expects, his second contract will be in 3 years, and would be another huge contract. If you take a WR at #18, you are going to have a contract log jam at the WR spot. That isn't sounds salary cap management.

So we have to sign additional WRs after next season, or draft a WR later this year and/or next. I'm fine with that. Taking one in the first this year would have me doubting Holmes. This class isn't worth a high pick.
Have you ever heard the phrase "Don't count your chicken before they hatch?" You're already planning on 3 different guys being superstars AND worrying about their second contract right now. To me I would be ecstatic if we had several years of top end WR play without having to worry about it. That's pretty much an ideal situation. Honestly your scenario is convincing me we need to grab a guy at 6 instead of waiting.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever heard the phrase "Don't count your chicken before they hatch?" You're already planning on 3 different guys being superstars AND worrying about their second contract right now. To me I would be ecstatic if we had several years of top end WR play without having to worry about it. That's pretty much an ideal situation. Honestly your scenario is convincing me we need to grab a guy at 6 instead of waiting.
Who said super stars, legit WRs get paid, that is how the league works. Do you really think ARSB is going to not get a second contract? Do you really think Holmes thinks he fucked up with Williams?

And WR you can find a lot later in the draft, drafting one this year in the first would be foolish.