• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Futility

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through 2 periods, 2-0. Both MN goals by guys with 1st of the year.
If I didn't know this season is real I would think it was another tortuous SNL satire skit.
Unbelievable what has happened to this team.
(Coach has to be fired this week if this continues)

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason not to fire him, there is no upside to keeping him at this point...now let's start talking about what brown means to this lineup :scratch:

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason not to fire him, there is no upside to keeping him at this point...now let's start talking about what brown means to this lineup :scratch:

I think brass is waiting for Brown to come back and see what happens before letting Stevens go. We should have a good indication on Sunday. If Brown returns and the team still stinks, I think Stevens' fate is all but sealed.

As for Brown, I'm curious to see what he means too. He shit the bed for 5 straight years and by an act of god bounced back last season in a big way but I think it's safe to say he won't be repeating that. Regression is expected, the question is how much - a slight drop from last season or a huge plummet back to 2012-2017?

There's a ton of "told ya Brown is still good" fans on the Brown bandwagon after last season, and it's well earned after us "told ya he sucks balls" fans had the better half of this decade and his play speaking for itself so I don't blame them for being excited. However, my belief still stands that he is a B6 player making a T6 salary.

I thank him for what he meant to this franchise - correction, always will mean to this franchise - and his accomplishments. There is also something to be said about being a loyal guy who improved year after year during a horrific rebuild and came out a two time Cup champ both as captain. I'm loyal to the sweater though, not any player.

I hope he proves he still has it after last season because it will only benefit the team but I'm not expecting it.

Last edited:

xis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Brown, I'm curious to see what he means too. He shit the bed for 5 straight years and by an act of god bounced back last season in a big way but I think it's safe to say he won't be repeating that. Regression is expected, the question is how much - a slight drop from last season or a huge plummet back to 2012-2017?

I don't expect Brown to bring what the Kings are missing individually. What's going to happen is it will allow everyone to slot in to positions better. His front net presence is another thing that is being missed right now.

So, I don't expect him to come in and light up the scoreboard so much as I expect him to improve the overall team.

Having said that this team needs a different voice behind the bench. Someone who's going to come in and bring some confidence behind the bench. Someone who's not going to look around confused about what to say or do when the team gives up a goal. I'm in favor of keeping Stevens as an assistant but not head coach. As was mentioned in another post, he's lost this team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So... someone said on LAKignsInsider, but maybe this is a genius plan by Blake to leave Stevens in so that the Kings get the top pick this year. All this speculation, and Kings swoop in an take the top overall pick. Sets up for a little rebuild on the fly (ala, the one year Peyton Manning was getting his neck fused in Europe, so Colts got Andrew Luck in the "Suck for Luck" sweepstakes). Tongue in cheek... BUT now that this team looks the way they do, and in the analytics-verse, a middling team is just a wasted opportunity to tank and get a better pick, which was the Kings the entire time I remember. Stink, but don't stink enough to get a top 5 pick. Lucked out on Kopitar, and then finally got a Top 5 in Drew. Usually though, finish somewhere in the 8-10 range, and pick someone horrible.

LoCal Kings

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NHL lottery (order) should be less than 6 months away. But we all know Tankanthon doesn't automatically = Jack Hughes.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last time kings received first pick overall was 1967 Rick Pagnutti
0 games in NHL

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most hilarious thing I've heard all week.
To be fair only 18 guys were drafted that year and only 3 played in the NHL.
Teams could lock up players years ahead of time by sponsoring them in the juniors . So anybody over 16 that was any good was already committed to a team. Teams were given regions were they were given first pick of any young players. US teams had to wait until Montreal and Toronto rejected Canadian kids. Why did they win so many cups? After 1968/1970 once a kid was over 20 US teams could steal players from Canadian junior teams.

Historical Hockey Stats & Trivia: The Sponsorship System - The Pre-Expansion NHL's Monopsony on Players