• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fucking Yankees

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don’t think luck plays a factor in short series then you haven’t been paying attention. From 96-2001 the Yankees were 39-11 in the postseason in games decided by 3 runs or less; that’s simply unsustainable. From 2002-07 they were 12-20. Aside from the 1998 juggernaut, the teams from 2002-07 were just as good, if not slightly better than the teams that won the World Series in the 90s.
While I realize the teams that get "hot" in the Fall often win more than the best teams, the Yankees of the early 2000s just spent money on players with no rhyme or reason. Their offense was almost entirely built around A-Rod hitting homers and no shit, when he would go cold in the postseason (less 2009), they'd flake out.

Use all the advanced analytics you want to justify your point. Mine is much simpler: Look in the trophy case.

Yanks23242

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I realize the teams that get "hot" in the Fall often win more than the best teams, the Yankees of the early 2000s just spent money on players with no rhyme or reason. Their offense was almost entirely built around A-Rod hitting homers and no shit, when he would go cold in the postseason (less 2009), they'd flake out.

Use all the advanced analytics you want to justify your point. Mine is much simpler: Look in the trophy case.
If that’s your rebuttal then the answer is even simpler: you have no idea what you’re talking about. Thinking their offense revolved around Arod is one of the dumbest baseball opinions I’ve ever read.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that’s your rebuttal then the answer is even simpler: you have no idea what you’re talking about. Thinking their offense revolved around Arod is one of the dumbest baseball opinions I’ve ever read.
Yeah, cause the Yankees were sooooo good at playing small ball and manufacturing runs back then. lol

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJ was pretty meh last year, still a great defender but he struck out a lot(8 less than last year in 76 less at-bats) and his BA was down by quite a lot. 2nd worst since he became a Rockie in 2012 and worst since 2014. Plus he was hurt quite a bit as well. Still had his best HR total and tied his best for doubles but I wont necessarily miss him at the plate.

Yanks23242

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, cause the Yankees were sooooo good at playing small ball and manufacturing runs back then. lol
Teams that lead the majors in runs don’t need to manufacture runs and they don’t revolve around one player. It’s not complicated.

carson

Death by inches
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,018.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that lead the majors in runs don’t need to manufacture runs and they don’t revolve around one player. It’s not complicated.
They certainly do when the power disappears. Bottom line: Yanks outspent all of MLB during those years and their fucking rival won more World Championships. FAIL