• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Suh

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was my favorite Lions player. I've worn his jersey for the last 3 seasons. He decided to choose more $$ over playing on one of the best defenses in the league. With the $$ he's making overall, if he had any desire to stay in Detroit our offer was more than competitive.

Mayhew and Lewand dropped the ball by backing themselves into this contract corner in the first place, but once Suh realized he had some leverage he strong-armed his way into free agency, and, just like he said, he let his agent pick his new team.

He was a monster on the field, but at almost $20 million a season? That would have put us in a tough position between his contract, Megatron's, and Stafford's.

He could have stayed. We offered him a shit-ton of cash. He CHOSE to leave. Fuck that guy (...as a Lions fan, that is... from a business perspective, hard to fault him. But I'm a Lions fan, not a business man.).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was a monster on the field, but at almost $20 million a season? That would have put us in a tough position between his contract, Megatron's, and Stafford's.

point blank correct right there. Sure could have re-structured Stafford for 5-6M advantage and another to CJ's contract, all the while fucking kicking the can down the road until he's being paid by the Lions at age 34-36 and ridiculous amounts (he already has cap hits coming up for : 2015--20.558M, 2016---24.008M, 2017---21.358M, that last yr. isn't going to happen, IMO, as he's a 4.858M dead $$ and a savings of 16.5M

I love Suh as a player and wanted him back but we'd still be in cap hell with future re-signings coming up for Levy, Reiff, Ansah, Slay, Warford.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't choose more money over one of the best defenses in the league. He is the defense . Him and Cameron Wake and the rest of the Fins D will be just fine.

It's hard to watch Lions fans think anyone would just play here to play here. Why? Lions fans don't want to pay anyone and expect these guys to play here on team friendly contracts for some reason.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I never get attached to players or let sports run my life.

The business side of sports is brutal on passionate fans.

I hate comments like this. I guess I let sports run my life cause I'm not an faith filled Lions slappy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering I was typing that before your post. it was not intended for you, more a blanket statement. Although seeing your retort... I guess the shoe fits.

I do not have faith Rob. As I stated, just a fan who rolls with the punches. I am in no control of what GMs do.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering I was typing that before your post. it was not intended for you, more a blanket statement. Although seeing your retort... I guess the shoe fits.

I do not have faith Rob. As I stated, just a fan who rolls with the punches. I am in no control of what GMs do.

Cool. Sports runs my life cause I'm pissed at this regime. Burn.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Suh wanted to still be a Lion he would. He chose a little more money over our team. That's his choice, but I'm not mad at anyone but him right now. I already knew the brass fucked up the contract situation, but they were still close enough to Miami's offer that Suh could have just as easily chose to stay and not left much on the table.

Suh is a businessman, not a Lions fan. If he was a team player he would have stayed on his team with his brothers. But instead he chose several million more dollars, which most any of us would have likely done if we were in his shoes.

It is what it is, but Suh is the primary blame-holder here. No matter what the circumstances and excuses anyone on the boards are coming up with, Suh willingly and consciously chose Miami over Detroit. So fuck that asshole- enjoy the sunshine and missing the playoffs...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back down this road I see... That was one helluva bazinga Rob. This is not pick on Rob day as you feel it is. However I am not the guy going overboard with outlandish remarks that have a huge neon sign lite up that says fuck with me. Beginning to wonder if you like that way?

Truly my post was blanketed, but the thought came from TPs rant. Now he has backed it up with another fuck off and die post. To each their own...we all grieve the llee of a sports guy different.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suh was my favorite Lions player. I've worn his jersey for the last 3 seasons. He decided to choose more $$ over playing on one of the best defenses in the league. With the $$ he's making overall, if he had any desire to stay in Detroit our offer was more than competitive.

Mayhew and Lewand dropped the ball by backing themselves into this contract corner in the first place, but once Suh realized he had some leverage he strong-armed his way into free agency, and, just like he said, he let his agent pick his new team.

He could have stayed. We offered him a shit-ton of cash. He CHOSE to leave. Fuck that guy (...as a Lions fan, that is... from a business perspective, hard to fault him. But I'm a Lions fan, not a business man.).

Come on Tpaul.
Our offer was not really as competitive...
He get a guaranteed 2 million + if he plays out the contract.... Another 5.1 million saved in state taxes + 2 million more per season. That's almost 20 million extra in value.

Plus the fact that he gets to live in South Beach where it's warm all year round with big fat booty bitches walking around all day vs Michigan girls..

Pure Michigan girls
fat-girls-in-bikinis_40253166.jpg

Miami Girls...
article-2177724-142CF573000005DC-414_634x513.jpg

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back down this road I see... That was one helluva bazinga Rob. This is not pick on Rob day as you feel it is. However I am not the guy going overboard with outlandish remarks that have a huge neon sign lite up that says fuck with me. Beginning to wonder if you like that way?

Truly my post was blanketed, but the thought came from TPs rant. Now he has backed it up with another fuck off and die post. To each their own...we all grieve the llee of a sports guy different.

Me? There's no "fuck off and die" sentiment there at all, other than maybe directed at Suh, if that's what you were implying?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no ill will towards Suh. It is his life. I wish him good luck. I am also not going to cry about it though. It is a business. He got more than any DT should get. Thats life.

If someone wanted to pay Warford 8 figures per year when his deal is up I would let him go too. Interior lineman need to be good, not superstars. You want your CBs and QBs to be superstars. Maybe a WR too because of the way the rules keep getting more favorable.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah then, fuck Suh. He quit on us. Fuck him. If people want to be mad, be mad at Suh for planning this for a couple years now.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah then, fuck Suh. He quit on us. Fuck him. If people want to be mad, be mad at Suh for planning this for a couple years now.

Suh is the only player to make us relevant since Barry quit on us.

Fuck Mayhew for putting the Lions in this situation to begin with.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Alot of woe is me going on. Had a whole year to get used to the idea of Suh taking the $$ elsewhere. Will I hate seeing him in a different uni next season ...sure. The flip side is possibly adding two maybe decent to quality free agents with all that money the Lions woulda paid out. Which means a void somewhere else on the team gets filled and possibly a stop gap fill in for Suh of some quality. I don't think FA's look at the Leos the way they may have 5-10 years ago. Hell maybe the braintrust figures out a way to make a huge splash in the draft via a big trade depending on what gets done beforehand they could be in a very good position to say trade this years and next years 1st rd picks to move up.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rob -- if Suh is the defense -- was Suh responsible his 1st 4 years when we ranked middle of the road to bottom of the league? I'm not 100% positive and don't feel like looking up -- but we ranked anywhere from roughly 15-25th in total defense his 1st 4 years.

Or is Suh only responsible when the Lions defense has success? Or could it be that Levy has started playing like an all-pro or Slay was a top 15 CB or Glover Quin was one of the top safeties or Ihedibigo played really well, etc. etc.

The Lions defense is 11 players. Suh was a big part of that defense, but far from being THE defense.

I usually agree with a lot that you say on here, but I just can't get on board with this one. There isn't a player in the NFL on defense worth the contract Suh just signed. He isn't close to being on the same level as JJ Watt and Miami is paying him about 3 million more a year than Watt. That is laughable.