• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Renteria

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From MLB Trade Rumors:

Renteria Wants To Retire With Cardinals Or Marlins
By Nick Collias [November 12 at 4:25pm CST]
One way or another, Edgar Renteria wants to bring his career full circle and return to the site of his postseason heroics. Few other players could say this and still keep their options open, but Renteria has some choices. Changing course from a recent statement that he would prefer to return to the Giants, Renteria told reporters in his hometown of Barranquilla, Colombia yesterday that he would like to retire playing either for the Cardinals or the Marlins (link in Spanish).

Over the course of nearly an hour of questioning, Renteria explained that he had been undecided about retirement following the World Series, so he sought the opinions of the baseball minds he admired most. "God sent me a message through the MVP, and I don't know if he did it so that I would retire or so that I would keep going," Renteria said. "In any case, I spoke with important baseball people like Tony La Russa, Bobby Cox, and Manny Mota, and they suggested that I continue, and I'm motivated."

Renteria reiterated that he is willing to play second base as well as shortstop, though even after his down 2009 campaign, the 35-year-old stands out as a feasible backup and occasional starter on both sides of the bag. Both the Cardinals and the Marlins have their 2009 and 2010 starting middle infields under contract for 2011, though the Cardinal duo of Skip Schumaker and Brendan Ryan customarily leave more opportunities for spot-starts and substitutions than the Marlins' steady Dan Uggla and Hanley Ramirez. Though the Marlins aren't a fit for Renteria now, a spot could open up if they are unable to reach an agreement with Uggla and explore trading the second baseman.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he's no good anymore anyway. I just thank him for his contributions in the playoffs. Good luck Rent and thanks again.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the "fuck renteria" is a bit extreme. he's not very good anymore,he's no real loss, and he had some pretty great giants moments (homer on opening day, grand slam vs the cockies, homer vs lee).

thanks rent.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, he's no good anymore anyway. I just thank him for his contributions in the playoffs. Good luck Rent and thanks again.

Agree

We were ready for him to go before, and now he agrees with us.

No harm.

He still gets a standing ovation the first time he takes the field at AT&T in '11, no matter which uni he is wearing.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but what up with having to retire either as a Card or a Fish?

He betta RECOGNIZE!!

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He betta RECOGNIZE!!

Sometimes I wish YOU would retire with the fish...

;-)

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, nope, but I did rep you for the Starting Lineup game.....fucking addicting. I had to cheat though, I couldn't get past 165.

They had a GREAT one about a year back re: MLB managers... That one was fun...

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He betta RECOGNIZE!!

On the really unlikely chance he goes in the HOF, it's as a Card or a Fish.

'Fuck him' is too strong, but nice to see we don't have to try to find a spot for him.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the really unlikely chance he goes in the HOF, it's as a Card or a Fish.

'Fuck him' is too strong, but nice to see we don't have to try to find a spot for him.

I wonder why he just didn't choose the Fish. I can't remember, was he on the World Series winning Cardinals team?

Yeah, good luck to him, but no thank you on coming back. We will cheer for you in another uni when you come back.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a perfect example of "Don't go away angry, just go away", but with no sarcasm attached.

Good that he leaves now, on good terms, then for him to stay and lose the good will he has earned with his post-season play. If he stays, fans will be reminded why we hated him before the championship run.

Oh yea, by the way...

THE GIANTS WON THE MF'n WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Renteria, noooo. I hope this isn't true, he should know better.

There was ample speculation that Edgar Renteria was planning to retire, but the World Series MVP told ESPNDeportes.com he wants to play another year and says he is willing to move to second base.

Renteria had his 2011 option declined by the San Francisco Giants, and Phil Rogers says that is not sitting well with the veteran shortstop. Renteria may feel he deserved more after leading them to their first World Series title in more than a half century.

If the Giants look elsewhere for a shortstop, Renteria may find a home in St. Louis, Houston, Cincinnati or in the American League. The Reds declined the option on Orlando Cabrera's contract earlier this offseason.

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd bet his comments stem from an indication that Giants management doesn't have plans to bring him back.

He wants to play elsewhere, no problem. Both parties should leave amicably