• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

From Jerry jones...

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst part of camp starting is having to listen to JJ spew that BS that always rolls out of his mouth. I wish he could just STFU and let the players tell the story on the field

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler, I don't doubt that, for a second.......And everybody, from the ESPN message board days, knows how much I detest Jerry Jones. He made one phone call to start the success of the 90's COWBOYS......And since then, he has been the wrecker of that dynasty, because of his ego.
In a joint interview Jerry and Jimmy Johnson once had with Bob Costas.......Jimmy relays the story, about how the partnership, was to work from the start. Jimmy (paraphrasing) said, It was agreed, that Jerry would handle all the money decisions of the COWBOYS, and Jimmy would handle the football operations and decisions.

I believe it was the show, A Football Life (Jimmy Johnson) on the NFL Network channel, that Jimmy talks about one of many situations....It was the Tony Casillas deal....Jimmy made the deal to acquire Tony and Jerry is on TV moments later, talking about how he (Jerry) had made the deal. Jerry once said (paraphrasing) to Jimmy.....I can make millions of dollars and nobody cares....but people care about DALLAS COWBOY football decisions.
Jerry wanted total control of everything.....and if you look at the head coaches he's hired (except Bill), it explains everything. Look at most of Jerry's drafts for the last 20 years. We got Romo by accident (Todd Haley and Sean Peyton) It's Jerry's toy, and he wants to play with it. And has been said many times on this board.......nothing will change until Jerry is out of the picture

It is only the perfect balance of bias and ignorance that could lead anyone to claim that an NFL owner who purchased a team, fired everyone & hired managers who all go on to win the 3 SB's ...owe's all that success because the owner made 1 phone call.

Jerry is a douche. But that is not a license to remove his fundamental credit that he deserves.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worst part of camp starting is having to listen to JJ spew that BS that always rolls out of his mouth. I wish he could just STFU and let the players tell the story on the field

I thought the worst part if min camp are the players who can't tell the story because they are missing due to suspensions.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the worst part if min camp are the players who can't tell the story because they are missing due to suspensions.

Hoping in the future those players become non-stories, but thats probably never gonna happen with JJ at the helm