• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Friday Sucked Hopefully the Huskers save my Saturday

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was out hunting pheasants yesterday with my two black labs Annie and Suh. Suh my 4 year old lab had to find the barb wire fence. $300 dollars later and a week with out her for hunting sucks. Annie found the fence when she was a year old since then she will not cross the fence unless I raise and lower the wires for her. I hope Suh will figure this out not to go through until I give her the command. It's so hard to get them to stop running through them. I'm just thankful she didn't tear and ACL or break a leg. Go Huskers!

popeyecv64

and thats all I have to say about that
Smack dab in the middle of a great state Nebraska
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I was out hunting pheasants yesterday with my two black labs Annie and Suh. Suh my 4 year old lab had to find the barb wire fence. $300 dollars later and a week with out her for hunting sucks. Annie found the fence when she was a year old since then she will not cross the fence unless I raise and lower the wires for her. I hope Suh will figure this out not to go through until I give her the command. It's so hard to get them to stop running through them. I'm just thankful she didn't tear and ACL or break a leg. Go Huskers!

sorry ta hear about yourn dog thar sir

did ya get any peasants ??

I do know that the state of SD is the capital of pheasant huntin now

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popeye I got one with Annie 15 minutes into legal hunting hours. Pheasant hunting has been extremely tough the last two years in SD. I'm usually only seeing 10 to 15 birds a day at the most. Yes, I know you guys wished it was that good in Nebraska. In 07,08,and 09 was fantastic. I seen any where from 500 to a 1000 birds a day. I don't know if I'll ever see it like that again. The farm bill, ethanol and high price corn have fucked things up here in SD. Plus, I believe we have west nile virus is hitting the pheasants along with the prairie chickens and sharptails. The winters and the west springs haven't helped either. Right now way to many obstacles going against wildlife IMO.

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Popeye I got one with Annie 15 minutes into legal hunting hours. Pheasant hunting has been extremely tough the last two years in SD. I'm usually only seeing 10 to 15 birds a day at the most. Yes, I know you guys wished it was that good in Nebraska. In 07,08,and 09 was fantastic. I seen any where from 500 to a 1000 birds a day. I don't know if I'll ever see it like that again. The farm bill, ethanol and high price corn have fucked things up here in SD. Plus, I believe we have west nile virus is hitting the pheasants along with the prairie chickens and sharptails. The winters and the west springs haven't helped either. Right now way to many obstacles going against wildlife IMO.

I hear ya thar good sir

the red tailed hawks are a huge problem on the bird population here in Neb

I didn't even go this years opening :noidea:

popeyecv64

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

by the way I use ta hunt the Mitchel area and then up north from thar

next to Carthage -----had good luck in the Hooterights area --:suds:

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way I use ta hunt the Mitchel area and then up north from thar

next to Carthage -----had good luck in the Hooterights area --:suds:

The Hoots that group of people are something else. I go all over from the Mitchell area. I spend most of my time west and north. Sometimes I'll make the drive up to Miller, Harold and Blunt area. But 95% of my hunting is done on public ground. I've got some permission on private ground but it's after thanksgiving due to they have groups of hunters that are out of state who pay to hunt.