• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free draft picks

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If lions drop 14 spots in the 5th and lose a 7th round pick for Cunningham saying this:

“[Kansas City] keeps wanting to dump their players,” Cunningham said in February 2010. “I would like to be there to catch a lot of them, because I know a couple of those guys.”

What do Lions get for the Ravens Owner saying that he would love Ngata back in 2016. Or does being part of Geedell inner circle work out from them here?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they get a pass, since they used to be the Browns. (I'm surprised more players that get traded don't go back to their prior team. But I don't get why anyone in a front office would comment on anything like that.)

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew doesn't care. Didn't care that Miami tampered w Suh, either. No idea why.

Ngata: I'm not holding my breath on him extending his contract in Detroit. Look for Mayhew to "table talks until the end of the season" w him too...

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhews not worried about more draft picks to fail with. At least if you only have a few picks, your expectations drop.

I still can not understand the whole "I'm not worried about it" on the allegations of Miami tampering with DamnYouHung Suh.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhews not worried about more draft picks to fail with. At least if you only have a few picks, your expectations drop.

I still can not understand the whole "I'm not worried about it" on the allegations of Miami tampering with DamnYouHung Suh.

Mayhew isn't interested in draft picks he can't bundle away in trades.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which Mayhew supporter wants to take a stab at selling me on this one as not just another in a very long line of demonstrative evidence of how fucking truly incompetant he is?

Anyone?

He's taking the 'high' road?

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That stupid sack of shit was the GM when our Lions were punished for a statement that wasn't half the violation of the rule that the Ravens OWNER said.

Millenhew should be an absolute authority on that rule and know it forward and back. As a result he absolutely MUST know that statement was a clear violation. That statement actually went so far as to reference the fact that he hasn't heard about an extension. Thats a blatant player contract reference which magnifies the severity of the tampering even more.

I'm willing to bet based on who said it, and what he said the Lions would have gotten back one of the picks traded for Ngata. The dude is simply a complete fucking idiot!!! How everyone does not see that is simply beyond the realm of my comprehension. :crazy:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just playing devil's advocate. He may not be high at all.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Mayhew believes it would hurt his chances to deal with those teams in the future.

Would have been an easy way to get one of those picks back from the Ngata trade.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is Mayhew believes it would hurt his chances to deal with those teams in the future.

Would have been an easy way to get one of those picks back from the Ngata trade.

What!? No using logic around here! The Lions absolutely suck at everything, as evidenced by our record last year. I mean, what kind of sack of shit franchise only wins 11 games!? Fire everyone, time for a total re-build because Mayhew isn't consulting every fan on this board before he makes any decisions...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Despite the babbling of the can't do any wrong crowd future trades and tampering aren't even close to one and the same. It may make for a convenient excuse to try and justify stupidity but it does nothing to change the fact that it's pure stupidity on his part.

Why do you think the Ravens reached out to the Lions? They knew they were in trouble and would be penalized. So they call up dumbass and convince him not to take action that would help his team. Yeah right Kool Aid chuggers that's a logic filled decision. :crazy:

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO that is no different
What!? No using logic around here! The Lions absolutely suck at everything, as evidenced by our record last year. I mean, what kind of sack of shit franchise only wins 11 games!? Fire everyone, time for a total re-build because Mayhew isn't consulting every fan on this board before he makes any decisions...

Ask Lovie Smith or Schotthimier* if making the playoffs are enough? Ask Chuck Pagano how secure he feels not getting a extension after three straight winning seasons. Some owners expect more. As I guess some fans do to.

jdwills126

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite the babbling of the can't do any wrong crowd future trades and tampering aren't even close to one and the same. It may make for a convenient excuse to try and justify stupidity but it does nothing to change the fact that it's pure stupidity on his part.

Why do you think the Ravens reached out to the Lions? They knew they were in trouble and would be penalized. So they call up dumbass and convince him not to take action that would help his team. Yeah right Kool Aid chuggers that's a logic filled decision. :crazy:

First I hope you don't think I am blindly babbling Mayhew can't do wrong.

My take is Mayhew and the Lions don't want to cut off a potential trading partner in the future. It's just a guess as to why he didn't file tampering charges. Me I would probably filed against Miami and let the Ravens comment go.

In the grand scheme I really think a team would have traded a 3rd or made a better offer to Ngata than the Lions did. But the Ravens wanted him out of the AFC. It was only a last minute deal when the Ravens figured out Ngata would not restructure. If the Ravens and Lions had bad blood they would have dealt him to another team or just cut him.

If Ngata was a FA I rely think a team would have made him a 3 year deal the cash being thrown around to DTs this off season was a little disconcerting.

Again I am just offering up an opinion.

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First I hope you don't think I am blindly babbling Mayhew can't do wrong.

My take is Mayhew and the Lions don't want to cut off a potential trading partner in the future. It's just a guess as to why he didn't file tampering charges. Me I would probably filed against Miami and let the Ravens comment go.

In the grand scheme I really think a team would have traded a 3rd or made a better offer to Ngata than the Lions did. But the Ravens wanted him out of the AFC. It was only a last minute deal when the Ravens figured out Ngata would not restructure. If the Ravens and Lions had bad blood they would have dealt him to another team or just cut him.

If Ngata was a FA I rely think a team would have made him a 3 year deal the cash being thrown around to DTs this off season was a little disconcerting.

Again I am just offering up an opinion.

My bad. Only wanted your quote on future trade possibilities. I should have cut just that and not your whole post which made you think the post was directed at you. That's on me, I should have been smart enough to see how it looked.

I only wanted that idea to address my post since it was called logical whereas I think it's absolutely illogical to just pass on an attempt to help your team. I guess that's not his job. I bet it's not after this season. That will be the best Xmas present of all.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. Only wanted your quote on future trade possibilities. I should have cut just that and not your whole post which made you think the post was directed at you. That's on me, I should have been smart enough to see how it looked.

I only wanted that idea to address my post since it was called logical whereas I think it's absolutely illogical to just pass on an attempt to help your team. I guess that's not his job. I bet it's not after this season. That will be the best Xmas present of all.

Maybe Mayhew will turn out to be the evilest genius of all, but based on the evidence placed before me, I can't come to that conclusion.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO that is no different

Ask Lovie Smith or Schotthimier* if making the playoffs are enough? Ask Chuck Pagano how secure he feels not getting a extension after three straight winning seasons. Some owners expect more. As I guess some fans do to.
How'd firing those guys work out for the Chargers and Bears? They both did far worse after firing what were good coaches. Expectations are all fine and good, but being realistic is, too. It's a tough, though league to win it all in. Bill Cowher is a great example. He had an otherwise mediocre career bookended by a pair of Super Bowl wins, yet is considered to be a great NFL coach. Had the Steelers fired him amongst those years of mediocrity they would have fired a future Super Bowl winner.

Patience, grasshoppers. Patience...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patience, grasshoppers. Patience...

Mayhew has been in a GM role here for 14 years. You've got the patience of a 40 year old virgin.

9794307.jpg