• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Kitchens Fired

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey acquired some exceptionally talented players but erred in hiring Kitchen.
Dorsey thinks too much like a fan and went for splash hires and name players. don't be fooled. Fit is more important.

They'd have been better off keeping Perriman and not trading for OBJ.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dorsey thinks too much like a fan and went for splash hires and name players. don't be fooled. Fit is more important.

Hindsight is always 100%.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eh...they clearly won the OBJ trade in my mind. The issue again is they just figured his talent would just let him plug right in. Couple that with Higgins and Callaway falling apart. I don't see the Browns drafting Metcalf and Perriman being particularly thrilled with that either. So really we are looking at either Metcalf (and that's if they even drafted him), a third rounder and Peppers or OBJ.

Like I said Vernon for Zeitler was a miss and you've alluded to them just signing a free agent at end which is what they should've done.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so glad he's gone. He was a control freak and had no clue what he was doing. Not a good combination.

With the talent on that team............ ugh...... he was in over his head......

no way a team with that much talent should regress and be 6-10....... :L:rolleyes2:

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hindsight is always 100%.
Fair, but at the time I said while I understand making the move I did not think it was the no-brainer many thought it was.

I also did not like the Zeitler/Vernon nor Ogbah/Murray deals when they were made. Not hindsight.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh...they clearly won the OBJ trade in my mind. The issue again is they just figured his talent would just let him plug right in. Couple that with Higgins and Callaway falling apart. I don't see the Browns drafting Metcalf and Perriman being particularly thrilled with that either. So really we are looking at either Metcalf (and that's if they even drafted him), a third rounder and Peppers or OBJ.

Like I said Vernon for Zeitler was a miss and you've alluded to them just signing a free agent at end which is what they should've done.

I can understand being OK with the OBJ deal still, but "clearly won the deal"? rookie Metcalf not exactly OBJ. something tells me Perriman likes his odds of holding off a rookie.

But they also could have used the #17 pick to help a different area, as Landry, Higgins, Perriman sounds like a decent WR trio if used correctly.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair, but at the time I said while I understand making the move I did not think it was the no-brainer many thought it was.

I also did not like the Zeitler/Vernon nor Ogbah/Murray deals when they were made. Not hindsight.
This is just your opinion in hindsight.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand being OK with the OBJ deal still, but "clearly won the deal"? rookie Metcalf not exactly OBJ. something tells me Perriman likes his odds of holding off a rookie.

But they also could have used the #17 pick to help a different area, as Landry, Higgins, Perriman sounds like a decent WR trio if used correctly.

"If used correctly"

Feel free to say I told you so if the next coach cannot turn around the offense.

I think the defense was ok until they lost Garrett. At which point with Vernon also being out and Kirksey being out all year they didn't have the pieces to run Wilks defense. A 4 2 5 with a fifth round rookie at LB and practice squad level players at DE wasn't going to work.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"If used correctly"

Feel free to say I told you so if the next coach cannot turn around the offense.

I think the defense was ok until they lost Garrett. At which point with Vernon also being out and Kirksey being out all year they didn't have the pieces to run Wilks defense. A 4 2 5 with a fifth round rookie at LB and practice squad level players at DE wasn't going to work.
Agree, he was dealt a tough hand, but a good DC adjusts his scheme to fit the players, not the other way around.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, he was dealt a tough hand, but a good DC adjusts his scheme to fit the players, not the other way around.

That D definitely gives up big chunks of yardage on the ground at times. Decent against most pass offenses but teams like the 49ers feasted on them.

I'm not sad to see it go

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would any coach want to work for Dan Snyder?

Yea I'm confused on Rivera going all in on Washington so quickly. To me New York is a more appealing job in the same conference. I mean they're basically guaranteed Chase Young but Barkley is a nice chip to start with and so far Jones looks to be better than Haskins