• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Jackson?

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumor mill is starting to take off on this. Link to follow.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we sign he I could see this as the end of both michael and maybe even Turbin.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we sign he I could see this as the end of both michael and maybe even Turbin.

On the radio this morning, there was a rumor that Turbin has some type of injury. So, what I see is:

1.) Turbin makes the team and is placed on the I.R. which per the 2012 C.B.A. he can be called back. Michael gets six weeks to prove himself.
2.) Turbin is not placed on the I.R. and Michael gets the boot.

Overall, if Jackson makes the team, this is a very good thing. Great chemistry with Lynch since they played together in Buffalo. He can BLOCK, has good hands and is not a bad second stringer when Lynch needs a breather.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carroll stated he is here for a physical not a signing. Still an interesting move. They have Turbin, michael and rawls. I really like Rawls, he look like a better option than Michael. If Turbin is indeed injure, then Jackson signs and Michael is as good as gone.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condotta is confirming that Turbin suffered a significant high ankle sprain. Very likely headed to IR.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The move makes a whole lot more sense now that it is confirmed that Robert Turbin is hurt.

Was really scratching my head as to why they would add Fred Jackson when they have Robert Turbin and Christine Michael behind Lynch, also the coaching staff seems to think highly of Rawls. With Turbin likely heading to the IR, it makes sense why they would add Jackson.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Condotta is confirming that Turbin suffered a significant high ankle sprain. Very likely headed to IR.
Sounds like the only question is if it's going to be season-ending IR or IR designated to return.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the radio this morning, there was a rumor that Turbin has some type of injury. So, what I see is:

1.) Turbin makes the team and is placed on the I.R. which per the 2012 C.B.A. he can be called back. Michael gets six weeks to prove himself.
2.) Turbin is not placed on the I.R. and Michael gets the boot.

Overall, if Jackson makes the team, this is a very good thing. Great chemistry with Lynch since they played together in Buffalo. He can BLOCK, has good hands and is not a bad second stringer when Lynch needs a breather.

Not sure how much Jackson has left in the tank, but assuming he's still in decent shape he can step right in as our third down back. Would probably be an upgrade from Turbo in that regard.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dose anyone know if he got hurt in practice or during the game. (wasn't able to watch power went out). If during the game it just adds more fuel to the fire they need to change the preseason.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fred Jackson may be 34 but he doesn't have a lot of mileage on his body.

He is still productive and does two things pretty well...blocking and catching the ball. To me he is reliable and even though Christine Michael is more explosive...he is anything but reliable.

If we sign Fred Jackson I will automatically slot him as the #2 back ahead of Christine Michael. I just trust him to do the little things and I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of speed and a little bit of explosiveness for reliability.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks wants to sign Jackson, but can't do it because of the Chancellor situation. There is an adverse effect to all of this thanks to Chancellor.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hawks wants to sign Jackson, but can't do it because of the Chancellor situation. There is an adverse effect to all of this thanks to Chancellor.
Nah, I don't this is accurate. The Hawks -- like nearly any team -- can create cap room if they need it. Check out that really good article posted on this board not too long ago to understand some ways how. If there is a hang up with signing Jackson, it's because the way the Hawks do business is give a free agent a # and that's it. It's why we didn't sign Jared Allen last year and probably why not Evan Mathis this year.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I don't this is accurate. The Hawks -- like nearly any team -- can create cap room if they need it. Check out that really good article posted on this board not too long ago to understand some ways how. If there is a hang up with signing Jackson, it's because the way the Hawks do business is give a free agent a # and that's it. It's why we didn't sign Jared Allen last year and probably why not Evan Mathis this year.

I believe the Hawks are capable of creating some cap space to sign Jackson, however, it isn't about the money but moreso on what they have to deal with at the moment as their main priority. Chancellor is slowing down this team in signing Jackson because he is currently their main priority.

From the jist of it, the team aren't going to do anything until the Chancellor holdout is resolved.

Seattle Seahawks RUMORS: Kam Chancellor Holdout Delaying Fred Jackson Signing

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe the Hawks are capable of creating some cap space to sign Jackson, however, it isn't about the money but moreso on what they have to deal with at the moment as their main priority. Chancellor is slowing down this team in signing Jackson because he is currently their main priority.

From the jist of it, the team aren't going to do anything until the Chancellor holdout is resolved.

Seattle Seahawks RUMORS: Kam Chancellor Holdout Delaying Fred Jackson Signing
All sorts of rumors out there on unsettled actions. I don't think chronology is the definitive determiner of priority. No one else can touch Kam right now....but there's opportunity for 31 other teams to get in the mix for Fred Jackson. If Seattle wants Jackson, they'll have to strike while the iron is hot or he'll be elsewhere. It doesn't mean they feel Jackson is more important than Kam.