• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fred Jackson released?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson played well for Seattle but their defense has some issues.

Safeties are holding out (Chancellor) and dinged up (Thomas). Rams are looking solid, even without their top 2 RBs.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,071.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Safeties are holding out (Chancellor) and dinged up (Thomas). Rams are looking solid, even without their top 2 RBs.

I agree, I was tempted to select the Rams in the pick'ems I do and straight up to win the game. Alas, I didn't.

:gaah:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess they knew what they were doing, huh? They wanted to get younger at RB.

But.....it's still just 1 game.

Not the point. A guy like Fred, you don't treat like garbage. You don't string him along (after him being our BEST player on and off the field), then cut ties at the last minute.

Karlos Williams is not a surprise to Bills fans, but it's not an excuse for what Whaley did.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the point. A guy like Fred, you don't treat like garbage. You don't string him along (after him being our BEST player on and off the field), then cut ties at the last minute.

Karlos Williams is not a surprise to Bills fans, but it's not an excuse for what Whaley did.

I was upset too, but keeping a 34 year old RB with a multi-million dollar contract to be your 2nd or 3rd RB is not a strong cap decision, especially when you're trying to find money to pay Dareus.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was upset too, but keeping a 34 year old RB with a multi-million dollar contract to be your 2nd or 3rd RB is not a strong cap decision, especially when you're trying to find money to pay Dareus.

Some things are more important than the cap. Cassel's old contract was enough to pay Dareus.

And I don't mean I don't like Williams, it's the whole situation is ugly...and Fred deserved MUCH better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some things are more important than the cap. Cassel's old contract was enough to pay Dareus.

And I don't mean I don't like Williams, it's the whole situation is ugly...and Fred deserved MUCH better.

The end with any given team is usually ugly. Unfortunate, but typical.

I disagree that keeping Fred was more important than his cap space, as it enabled the Bills to get Dareus' extension done, much more important to the Bills' success moving forward than Fred unfortunately.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The end with any given team is usually ugly. Unfortunate, but typical.

I disagree that keeping Fred was more important than his cap space, as it enabled the Bills to get Dareus' extension done, much more important to the Bills' success moving forward than Fred unfortunately.

If that were true, okay, but it's not. Saved over four million cutting Cassel. Then brought him back with the 2 million that Fred deserved.

I'd rather have EJ backing up and Fred on the roster than what we have now. Matt Cassel, pathetic quarterback and new to Buffalo. Fred Jackson, awesome on and off the field and a locker room giant, bled blue for eight years in Buffalo. No brainer to me.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Cassel either, but the Bills have plenty of RB depth. I will miss Fred, but I won't dwell on it. The end comes for everyone, and at 34, he's stretched it longer than most, especially at his position.

They should've cut him loose earlier, as this has been in the works for months. They pulled him back then (he was headed to visit the Steelers when he found out he wasn't going to be cut).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of Cassel either, but the Bills have plenty of RB depth. I will miss Fred, but I won't dwell on it. The end comes for everyone, and at 34, he's stretched it longer than most, especially at his position.

They should've cut him loose earlier, as this has been in the works for months. They pulled him back then (he was headed to visit the Steelers when he found out he wasn't going to be cut).

Yeah. I agree. If he was cut in the spring, I'd be upset, but not pissed. Nothing wrong with rewarding the one guy who was anything over the last decade, with a (what looks like), potentially good QB finally at his side. It's not like he would have sooked for the ball. He'd be great as a mentor type/2-minute drill type.

Anyway, I won't dwell on it either. At least he's back with Marshawn.