• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four teams that may Land Cousins Next Season

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
open for debate but IMO....we may get a 1st or 2nd or "player" for "player" deal from the....

Jets - Ryan is gone at the end of this season no matter what. A new regime may want a more experienced QB that can win ASAP.
Jaguars - I could see Bradley giving up a 2nd if Gabbert can't go 8-8.
Chargers - Stretch...Rivers is on his way out due to a terrible o-line and a running back that loves to fumble.
Raiders - This organization will give up their 1st round pick, unfortunately Cousins career will never be talked about again

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
open for debate but IMO....we may get a 1st or 2nd or "player" for "player" deal from the....

Jets - Ryan is gone at the end of this season no matter what. A new regime may want a more experienced QB that can win ASAP.
Jaguars - I could see Bradley giving up a 2nd if Gabbert can't go 8-8.
Chargers - Stretch...Rivers is on his way out due to a terrible o-line and a running back that loves to fumble.
Raiders - This organization will give up their 1st round pick, unfortunately Cousins career will never be talked about again

None of those team will trade a pick in the top 3 rounds for Cousins.

Jets have Drafted a QB in the 1st and 2nd round in 09 and 13.
Jags drafted a QB in the Top 10 in 11.
Chargers would never waste a Pick they could use on a WR or OL for Rivers to replace Rivers.
Raiders just traded for Flynn and he was unseated by Pryor who they drafted in the Supplemental draft last year (or was it two years ago?).

The Redskins will not be able to Trade cousins for anything of value until after the 2014 combine.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about a 1st round pick, but other teams that might sniff around are:

Saints - Cousins and Brees games are very similar and they need to find his eventual replacement.
Denver - Peyton can't play forever.
Houston - He knows the offense
Philly - their QB situation is all fucked up
Arizona - see above

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A scenario that I don't want to see playing out is Kyle being hired as a head coach someplace. That's actually the scenario that would most likely fetch the most value for Cousins as far as draft pick compensation. But I think Kyle doesn't get enough credit for putting together an offense for RG3. And I wouldn't want to see him go elsewhere.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should know after this year. If Mike is staying, he needs a new contract. If it doesn't get extended, then its probably a safe bet that Mike is leaving and Kyle will become HC here. If Mike does get a new contract, then Kyle will probably be gone in a year or two because someone will make him a HC.

You are right, I could see Kyle landing a job somewhere and taking Kirk with him. Perfect scenario for both. Think of it as a parting gift from Daddy.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see a scenario where Mike stays on in a front office role while handing over the coaching reigns to Kyle.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I could also see a scenario where Mike stays on as head coach and Snyder pays Kyle head coach money to stay on as offensive coordinator. Wouldn't be the first time he's done that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your first scenario is more likely. I think Kyle wants to be a HC more than the money.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your first scenario is more likely. I think Kyle wants to be a HC more than the money.

Depends on how it's sold to him. If his father signs a 3 year deal, Kyle may want to hitch his wagon to RG3 after those 3 years are up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Chargers would never waste a Pick they could use on a WR or OL for Rivers to replace Rivers.
Raiders just traded for Flynn and he was unseated by Pryor who they drafted in the Supplemental draft last year (or was it two years ago?).

The Redskins will not be able to Trade cousins for anything of value until after the 2014 combine.

I would tend to agree with you on the Jets & Chargers & possibly the Raiders (depends how those two guys play this season. If they both stink - then it is highly likely since the Raiders have continually proven that they don't value draft picks - kind of like the Skins several years ago).

As for the Jags - are you serious? So what if Gabbert was drafted in the first round? To date - he has been awful. Teams are willing to cut their losses & spend another high pick if the QB position suffers since it is such a crucial area. I would possibly add another team to that list - the Vikings - since Ponder is basically in the same boat as Gabbert except he is surrounded by a lot more talent (& as the window on AP gets smaller you can't keep missing your opportunities by having a sorry QB).

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that if you guys are expecting a top pick for Cousins, he is going to need some sizable playing time to showcase his abilities. Not sure you guys would be on board with the situation necessary to get him that playing time.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not expecting anything more than a 2nd round pick as a ceiling as things stand right now.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A scenario that I don't want to see playing out is Kyle being hired as a head coach someplace. That's actually the scenario that would most likely fetch the most value for Cousins as far as draft pick compensation. But I think Kyle doesn't get enough credit for putting together an offense for RG3. And I wouldn't want to see him go elsewhere.

I have stated all along that Kyle is the next HC of the Washington Redskins in an unwritten contract.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams in need of a QB:

TB
Minnesota
Arizona
NYJ
OAK
Den (after Peyton retires)
KC
Houston (could be)
Tennessee
JAX

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure that if you guys are expecting a top pick for Cousins, he is going to need some sizable playing time to showcase his abilities. Not sure you guys would be on board with the situation necessary to get him that playing time.
:agree:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have stated all along that Kyle is the next HC of the Washington Redskins in an unwritten contract.

Kinda like Williams had after Gibbs left? Unwritten agreements are worthless. Having said that, I do think as it stands now, if mike leaves after this contract expires (or moves up in the organization) Kyle will be the next HC. But if mike stays, Kyle will get offers elsewhere and could very well leave. Hell, Jerry jones would probably piss on Garrett to get him.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams in need of a QB:

TB
Minnesota
Arizona
NYJ
OAK
Den (after Peyton retires)
KC
Houston (could be)
Tennessee
JAX

Good list. I would throw Cleveland in there because they aren't exactly set with Weeden yet.

I like Jacksonville (QB trainwreck with Gabbert and Henne), Arizona (Palmer is a band aid, his career won't last too much longer), and KC (just because they do stuff like this and same goes for Smith ^^^). He could potentially end up with any of them.

I think the biggest thing that will influence what he could be had for will be where he stacks up with the incoming QBs from the '14 draft class. Wouldn't surprise me if the poster was right in saying that the FO won't get any legit offers until after the combine. I see Cousins fitting in at the #3-#5 spot when considering Qbs in the draft.

With that being said, I see names such as Morris (Miami), Fales (San Jose St.), Renner (UNC) in many 2nd round mocks. I have a hard time thinking Cousins isn't more proven and every bit as good as some of those scrubs...

Hell, Jerry jones would probably piss on Garrett to get him.

:laugh3:

Even Kyle would work with Romo for eternity for the right $$$$.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list. I would throw Cleveland in there because they aren't exactly set with Weeden yet.

I like Jacksonville (QB trainwreck with Gabbert and Henne), Arizona (Palmer is a band aid, his career won't last too much longer), and KC (just because they do stuff like this and same goes for Smith ^^^). He could potentially end up with any of them.

I think the biggest thing that will influence what he could be had for will be where he stacks up with the incoming QBs from the '14 draft class. Wouldn't surprise me if the poster was right in saying that the FO won't get any legit offers until after the combine. I see Cousins fitting in at the #3-#5 spot when considering Qbs in the draft.

With that being said, I see names such as Morris (Miami), Fales (San Jose St.), Renner (UNC) in many 2nd round mocks. I have a hard time thinking Cousins isn't more proven and every bit as good as some of those scrubs...

:laugh3:

Even Kyle would work with Romo for eternity for the right $$$$.

2 things will determine Kc's value . the 2014 draft . right now i dont see a qb who is better . and 2 teams that need a qb .

i think a 2nd round pick could be had

i dont think KC has to prove anything more to anyone . he is regarded as the best # 2 qb in the nfl right now

so we will see

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

keep in mind in the jags and chargers have new head coaches, they don't have any ties to previous picks.
Its likely Rex's defense can't save him again, so he may get fired. The new coach may not put his fate in Geno Smith's hands. Raiders as mentioned don't value their picks, lol.

A 2nd round pick is very possible considering he is late 1st round material with upside for cheap.
Teams will do strange things for a QB.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Jets are currently scouting Cousins, which tells all of us what you know about anything.

BTW, the Bucs are awful. :yahoo: