• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Did they loot and burn down their own community? I'm not supporting carrying artillery to a protest but their isn't an excuse for looting and rioting

Both are wrong, but one is severely more damaging.
you are making the wrong comparison. The riots are a reaction, not the cause.

highly armed white people stormed the government offices to insist on their right to infect strangers in the community = very fine people. not an iota of police push-back
unarmed black man accused of passing a forged cheque = killed by a cop in broad daylight

not excusing the riots in any way, but you are making it sound like they in themselves are the point

So, what's the name for the person/white guy/cop who was smashing windows and walking away to make the looting/rioting look worse? Or maybe even started it?
very fine cop.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

or CHINA!

I really hope when the coward-in-chief gives his next press conference, one of the first questions he's asked is "Sir, a journalist was recently arrested for simply doing his job. Do you think your repeated use of the phrase "The press is the enemy of the people" had anything to do with it"?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I gotta say, I'm pretty impressed with the governor of Minnesota, he's not ducking any questions and is taking responsibility for the arrest of CNN's Omar Jimenez and his crew.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, what's the name for the person/white guy/cop who was smashing windows and walking away to make the looting/rioting look worse? Or maybe even started it?
Elite thug...worst kind...police and a criminal thug. Thug to me holds no color wheel and to imply that it matters to me is pathetic

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are making the wrong comparison. The riots are a reaction, not the cause.

highly armed white people stormed the government offices to insist on their right to infect strangers in the community = very fine people. not an iota of police push-back
unarmed black man accused of passing a forged cheque = killed by a cop in broad daylight

not excusing the riots in any way, but you are making it sound like they in themselves are the point

very fine cop.
No I am not... I am stating that protesters legally carrying weapons to the capitol, while may be intimidating, wasn't thuggery. Looting, shooting weapons and projectiles and burning buildings is...

You may not like the jib of their protest, but it wasn't illegal. Looting and rioting is

To excuse it as a reaction to an injustice is also wrong. In fact, I believe they had a video on some news network where George Floyd stated as such...

I misheard his video but is shows the thoughtfulness of this man

Floyd spoke out against violence in a recently resurfaced video where he encourages the younger generation to stop gun violence.

"You youngsters are just going around, busting guns in crowds. Kids are getting killed. It's clearly the generation after us, man, that's so lost," Floyd said into a camera, asking young people to "come on home" because "one day it's going to be you and God. You're going up or you're going down."

Resurfaced video shows George Floyd pleading for an end to gun violence and "kids getting killed"

Last edited:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nedjvw7d4q151.jpg

Photo from the march last night in the Short North, the area between downtown core and OSU Campus. The State House is about 2 miles south of here. The direction the photo is facing.

No, that Nationwide building is not photoshopped. The frequently will lower the blinds on offices to write messages with the lights from the rest. This one has been up for a month or so now.

More poignant than they expected it to be, methinks.

Also, some reports from people who were there that there were looters coming from German Village, south of the downtown core and ~4 miles from this photo, headed North and they led the attack on the state house.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get your popcorn ready.

Is it possible for something be a Dumpster Fire, Tire Fire, Shit Show and Train Wreck all at the same time?

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why protest and riot? Why don't the people upset by these things be constructive and fight to change things politically?

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why protest and riot? Why don't the people upset by these things be constructive and fight to change things politically?
Internet poll. I’ve heard they are effective.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know what would work? If some famous athlete would kneel during the national anthem at a sporting event. The courage of a pro athlete will certainly resonate with all American people.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, what about an equality bake sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.