• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there should be an effort by voters ( as an independent, I’d love this) to push for this in more states than 2. Mass just voted down the amendment. Anyone know what the biggest reasons that exist for the Dems and Repubs are against this, outside personal interest in winner take all?

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now I remember why I ignore this thread. We had an election and Biden won. Life goes on, just like it did 4 years ago when Trump won. And 8 and 12 years ago when Obama won. I skimmed through some of the posts here made over the last few days, and sorry to say that the posts reflect American society as a whole. This country is deeply divided and NO ONE on either side of the aisle is remotely interested in changing that.

Extremists on both sides are the same and act the same. Both sides would engage in violence if their side lost. This phony superiority complex that "my side is better" is a crock, always has been. And its true on both sides of the 49th parallel.

Its a sad indictment of society today that people including most on this site truly believe their side is "good people" and the other side is "bad people". Anyone who voted and did so in a rational thoughtful way is good people to me. And many of them did not vote the way I did. It used to be true that reasonable people could disagree. That is the great loss of the 21st century. Not an election.

Diogenes searched in vain for an honest man. I will go forward seeking reasonable men. Bless you all, and good luck during the next hockey season.

I get your frustration about extremists and bipartisanship. Bipartisanism is at an all time high and extremists of all kinds are capable of violence. No argument here.

But Trump should should not be compared to Clintons, Bushes and Obamas. Extremists MIGHT have committed violence in support of those people. For sure. But those people never incited that violence. They never asked their supporters to "fight for them" or "free X state!!" from their governors. They never undermined the democratic process like Trump has done for the last 8-10 weeks. They never claimed, in the midst of an election, that their opposition was "stealing an election". If people want to ignore the fact that he has ignored scientists (plenty of leaders have before), maligned the press (fascists have before but the press is not completely innocent so whatever), mocked military heroes, and countless other contentious issues. Fine Not everybody loved Bush's foreign policy. People were adamant that Obama's ACA was destructive. Clinton got a blowjob. You can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs. No one is going to make everybody happy. But none of those people encouraged violence around the democratic process like Trump. And political violence hasn't happened on this scale under any president's tenure in over 50 years.

Trump is a different animal. It's OK to talk about sides in political debate but leave him out of that. He's on nobody's side but his own. His track record of firing people and throwing them under the bus epitomizes that. The sooner he is gone, both parties and voters can get back to a proper democratic process.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could actually see this

In a weird and strange way, it's all Gwen Stefani's fault. Trump found out she was making more money on 'The Voice' that he was on 'The Apprentice' so he decided what the hell, I'll run for president.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paula White update and I can't stop laughing...

tenor.gif

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The final grift? Campaign collects donations to fund lawsuits. Trump officially loses. Campaign pays his kids for MOAR consulting. Trump backs off the lawsuits.

Status
Not open for further replies.