• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Four Seasons Loco Coffee and Total Landscaping Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

forty_three

Stance: Goofy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fine. Just fine. Nothing wrong with this at all.

What we can't have is Sharia Law. That is totally different and like way worse and stuff.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's fine. Just fine. Nothing wrong with this at all.

What we can't have is Sharia Law. That is totally different and like way worse and stuff.
While, as a catholic, I find all these super-catholic organizations weird as all hell, I find it weirder that people are overlooking the fact that a female member has basically worked her entire life to the point where she's on the verge of becoming one of the most powerful people on the planet without being, I dunno, stoned or whatever by said organization for not being barefoot and pregnant beyond the 5 or however many times she was.

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chinese restaurants everywhere very scared.

One of the petty little annoyances I have with COVID reaction is that I have been using reusable grocery bags since like 2007. But stores ban them here since COVID. I was using a self checkout and was told I couldn't use my bags and when I asked why they said "we can't guarantee our cashier's safety and that the customer's bags have been properly sanitized. We can't have our cashiers touching them."

I said good, I don't want them to touch my bags. It's why I am using self checkout. They even got to the point where they were stopping people from even coming in the store with reusable bags. But they are happy to sell you new reusable bags each trip.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
One of the petty little annoyances I have with COVID reaction is that I have been using reusable grocery bags since like 2007. But stores ban them here since COVID. I was using a self checkout and was told I couldn't use my bags and when I asked why they said "we can't guarantee our cashier's safety and that the customer's bags have been properly sanitized. We can't have our cashiers touching them."

I said good, I don't want them to touch my bags. It's why I am using self checkout. They even got to the point where they were stopping people from even coming in the store with reusable bags. But they are happy to sell you new reusable bags each trip.
with the plastic bags, I use them as household garbage bags (except for the 40% that come with holes in them)
so now I'm going to have to go out and buy garbage bags separately, and they will be made of, i dunno.... plastic.

and the little produce bags are good for picking up dog shit.

back of my car is loaded with reusable bags as I use them most of the time, but from now on I'm going to have to hoard the plastic ones!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the plastic bags, I use them as household garbage bags (except for the 40% that come with holes in them)
so now I'm going to have to go out and buy garbage bags separately, and they will be made of, i dunno.... plastic.

back of my car is loaded with reusable bags as I use them most of the time, but from now on I'm going to have to hoard the plastic ones!
In the 80's it was cigarettes and in 2021 the black market into Canada will be plastic bags.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a friend who manages a safeway and he told me recently they always get flack for NOT charging for plastic bags (if you can believe that lol). Superstore and save on charge for them but not safeway. Safeways corporate response is to start ordering plastic bags WITHOUT their logo plastered all over the bag lol

We use the plastic bags for garbage too. But there are always more bags than garbage so we recycle the bags (and all the plastic film) at the city recycling centre

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We use the plastic bags for garbage too. But there are always more bags than garbage so we recycle the bags (and all the plastic film) at the city recycling centre

Same here (they work great in the bathroom). And we also recycle the excess plastic bags.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here (they work great in the bathroom). And we also recycle the excess plastic bags.
The city recycling depot is right next to costco so i can drop off recycling and then load up on more plastic packaging on the same trip !!!!! In general i think our region does a real good job of diverting recyclables out of the garbage stream. We get municipal garbage pickup once every 2 weeks and our 120L rolling bin is usually half empty

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A grocery store in Eastern Canada called Sobeys that I did most of my shopping at before coming west got rid of plastic bags about a month before Covid and then had to bring them back in lol.

Weirdly they own Safeway out here and Safeway still uses plastic :noidea:

forty_three

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The one 2016 candidate with the balls to stand against Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.