• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Found out today...

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that me pup is going in to congestive heart failure. I know most of you are probably thinking "ahh, its just a dog" But me and her were pretty damn tight. She pretty much hated any human aside from myself.

Anywhoo, the vet put her on meds that should ease her pain and give her some time, but sounds like we may have to putting her down within the next month or so so that she doesn't suffer

Put a real damper on my week

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been there sir. It's not fun.

My girl had a stroke and was almost completely paralyzed. She jumped up on my stomach and laid down and went to sleep, and when I woke up the next morning she was still laying there but she couldn't move.

I had about 2 minutes to make a decision and took her to the vet and put her down after being with her every day for 20 years. You wanna talk about tough......

It's real hard for a couple weeks, but it passes. Just remember you're doing your pet good by easing the pain, and you gave her a good life.

AHFox

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My two labs are treated like kids because they are my kids. I've been down the road you are going and I know how painful it can be to let a dog go. Keep you're head up and enjoy every moment you have still have with her.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
chuckster, sorry to hear about your pup. Critters are so easy to get attached to, they become part of the family.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, I hate these threads. Losing a pup sucks worse than almost anything.

Sorry to hear man.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh so sorry Chuck, I was there 10 months ago. It is funny how a new pup can fill the void --> when it comes to that. Lots of heartache for sure, I lost 15lbs in the week after losing my buddy of 16 years.

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enjoy the time you have left, it's all you can do.
Sorry

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn sorry to hear that chuck here's to hoping for the best

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pets are hard.

I will never have another one. Couldn't possibly love one nearly as much as my first and only.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's tough to find something that feels 'real' right now these days. One thing you can count on is your dog.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks to hear this Chuck. Appreciate the time left and your memories.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that me pup is going in to congestive heart failure. I know most of you are probably thinking "ahh, its just a dog" But me and her were pretty damn tight. She pretty much hated any human aside from myself.

Anywhoo, the vet put her on meds that should ease her pain and give her some time, but sounds like we may have to putting her down within the next month or so so that she doesn't suffer

-------
I know t's already been said but enjoy the time you have left with her.

chucksker

Chuck Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well me being stuck up here in nebraska I'm counting on word from momma grubb.

Got her on 3 different meds and supposedly the doc said "her life span and comfort relies on how she reacts to the meds"

so momma grubb took her home last night, got her to take her meds before she went to sleep. Took her to work with her today, she's a little chihuahua (shocker that chuck has a chihuahua right :D), and said she seemed in rough shape in the morning. then she fed her some eggs mixed with her medicine and supposedly there was a noticeable improvement about 30 minutes later. Long story short it seems like the meds are working for her which should giver her 4-6 more months of pain free living. So at the very least i get to see her over spring break, maybe the start of the summer (assuming she keeps responding to the meds).

anways, i appreciate the encouragement fellas. We've had pets before but i was always to young to remember when they died, so this is my first pet-death related experience…its been a lot rougher than i thought it would be. I never really thought i was THAT close to the little girl.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
well me being stuck up here in nebraska I'm counting on word from momma grubb.

Got her on 3 different meds and supposedly the doc said "her life span and comfort relies on how she reacts to the meds"

so momma grubb took her home last night, got her to take her meds before she went to sleep. Took her to work with her today, she's a little chihuahua (shocker that chuck has a chihuahua right :D), and said she seemed in rough shape in the morning. then she fed her some eggs mixed with her medicine and supposedly there was a noticeable improvement about 30 minutes later. Long story short it seems like the meds are working for her which should giver her 4-6 more months of pain free living. So at the very least i get to see her over spring break, maybe the start of the summer (assuming she keeps responding to the meds).

anways, i appreciate the encouragement fellas. We've had pets before but i was always to young to remember when they died, so this is my first pet-death related experience…its been a lot rougher than i thought it would be. I never really thought i was THAT close to the little girl.

I had a little chihuahua named Timmy from when I was 5 to 17 years old. I came home from school one day when I was 17 and my folks told me they took our dog to get euthanized that day. He was very sick at the time, so I remember it being a blessing more than anything else. He was a great dog.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Totally understand. Just last week we had to put the family dog down. It was for the best. It was sort of shared amongst my brother , his ex and my folks. They all took care of it and the day had come where it simply had to be done. The dog was starting to suffer. My father picked took my nephew to school every morning growing up and then took the dog from my brother's ex wife to his place all day long every day for about 12 years. He would then pick the nephew back up from school and drop them both off. The family all took it very hard , Frodo was loved.