• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Raiders WR Ronald Curry hired as an offensive assistant coach

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Matt Barrows:

49ers announce that former Raider Ronald Curry has been added as an offensive assistant coach.

I believe Harbaugh and John Morton (WRs coach) coached him his 1st two years in Oakland.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Former college QB as memory serves. Might work well with our new QB-conversions.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former college QB as memory serves. Might work well with our new QB-conversions.

That's correct.

Random fact: I believe coming out of high school he was the number one rated recruit in both football and basketball. He played college basketball with Julius Peppers.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Surprised he didn't spend anytime at the collegiat level first...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's correct.

Random fact: I believe coming out of high school he was the number one rated recruit in both football and basketball. He played college basketball with Julius Peppers.

Was he on the team that lost to Duke for the NCAA Championship? That's the only college basketball game I ever watched 'cause I had a buddy who was a huge Duke fan.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

He was the #1 high school recruit for both football and basketball. The dude was an athlete. Harbaugh wouldn't hire him if he didn't feel that he has it in him to be a good teacher, the ability to articulate and teach the players the craft of the position.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Right! He was a QB at UNC. He had to grind and learn the WR position as a pro. It didn't come easy for him, so he has a lot to teach to our players (regardless of positions) in that aspect.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the #1 high school recruit for both football and basketball. The dude was an athlete. Harbaugh wouldn't hire him if he didn't feel that he has it in him to be a good teacher, the ability to articulate and teach the players the craft of the position.

He and Michael Vick came out of the same district in Virginia (same district that produced Allen Iverson...better football player than basketball player in HS). But no, absolutely NO ONE, knew anything about Vick at that time because Curry was so dominant. I seem to remember Curry's high school (Hampton) being on outside the lines around the time he played because they were so dirty. They averaged something like 56 points a game while he played there. Had he stayed in state and played at either Uva or VT he would have been a pro QB IMO.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was he on the team that lost to Duke for the NCAA Championship? That's the only college basketball game I ever watched 'cause I had a buddy who was a huge Duke fan.

They lost to Duke in the ACC Championship in 2001.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He and Michael Vick came out of the same district in Virginia (same district that produced Allen Iverson...better football player than basketball player in HS). But no, absolutely NO ONE, knew anything about Vick at that time because Curry was so dominant. I seem to remember Curry's high school (Hampton) being on outside the lines around the time he played because they were so dirty. They averaged something like 56 points a game while he played there. Had he stayed in state and played at either Uva or VT he would have been a pro QB IMO.

I dont think thats necessarily true. I think he looked to run more than he did to pass. He was a freak athlete, but not a great quarterback. He had a completion percentage less than 50%, had more INTs than TDs and the freshman that took over after his senior year (and played some during Curry's senior year) went on to have a pretty decent professional career.