• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Former Giants in the Big Leagues - 2024 edition

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His HR power went up, but his SLG and OBP both went down. I havent looked at his defensive metrics, but he never took the field for us, so not sure how to judge that, either way.
The simple fact that the Braves acquired him to play the field, he would need to hit even better than he did with the Giants in order for that to be a net positive for the Braves.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the time of the trade, the analytics made it out to be a HUGE steel for the Giants. I posted some analysis of the trade at the time.

The fact we actually received a half-way decent prospect in that trade is mind blowing.
I think the Braves are a great trading partner.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Braves are a great trading partner.
I wish there were a site that listed transactions, historically, between two franchises. That would be an interesting study.

Off the top of my head…

Giants sell Biggio to Braves - Meh

Giants send Solar and Jackson to Braves for Ceballos and Matzuc - A++ for Giants

Giants send Melancon to Braves for Beck and Winkler - Win for both teams, but Melancon actually decided to pitch when he got to Atlanta, so I have to say Atlanta is ahead now. But we are just now beginning to reap the Beck benefits, so we will see in the long run.

i can’t think of any other big trades between the two, though I am certain there are some obvious ones going back a few years I am forgetting about.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW

Per BBRef, Soler’s Rdrs (drs above replacement) this year is -7. That is pretty bad.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn’t they take the rest of his contract? That’s the biggest plus for the Giants.
That was the ENTIRE plus for the Giants.

We took Matsuc off their hands to offset some of the salary they were taking on.

LHG

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was the ENTIRE plus for the Giants.

We took Matsuc off their hands to offset some of the salary they were taking on.
Only to release him and have him re-sign with the Braves. Interesting move. Still, we got a prospect out of the deal. So far, we are in the lead on winning this trade, but it is early. The Braves still have two years of Soler and we still have to see how the prospect pans out.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only to release him and have him re-sign with the Braves. Interesting move. Still, we got a prospect out of the deal. So far, we are in the lead on winning this trade, but it is early. The Braves still have two years of Soler and we still have to see how the prospect pans out.
Don’t forget Jackson.

As bad as he was for us, he, also, has been WORSE for the Braves since the trade.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Panda is pitching in the independent league now.

4.1 scoreless pitched last night.