• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those who haven't jumped ship, we've got a 4 game set at SEA

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could have the number 1 pick in the draft and JD will screw it up. We are a terrible team. But JD has put the least talented team in mlb on the field. It's on him.
Talent wise we are on par with a good AAA team.

jaar01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You'd have to be brain dead to give Gallo 10 yrs at 30 mil/ year.

Which means JD will probably do it.

I'm trying to think of anything dumber than building an offense around Joey Gallo...

Maybe extending Roughed Odor? Currently the worst position player in all of baseball.

So yes, Gallo may get paid in Texas. Sounds about par for the course.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm trying to think of anything dumber than building an offense around Joey Gallo...

Maybe extending Roughed Odor? Currently the worst position player in all of baseball.

Unless he has an OPS if close to 1.000 between this year and free sgency he will not get anything close to that as an AAV and not more than 5 or 6 years.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless he has an OPS if close to 1.000 between this year and free sgency he will not get anything close to that as an AAV and not more than 5 or 6 years.
Like Oder, he has to many ups and downs. This new rebuild should not go forward with these kind of players. They show little positive consistency and that is a must .

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Oder, he has to many ups and downs. This new rebuild should not go forward with these kind of players. They show little positive consistency and that is a must .
Except Odor has 1664 more plate appearances than Joey, which is almost double what Joey has.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except Odor has 1664 more plate appearances than Joey, which is almost double what Joey has.
You want to see him get that many? I don't

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You want to see him get that many? I don't
JFC

Gallo is struggling really bad but his career wrc+ is 113. That means he's a 13% above average hitter. He's also a plus defender and all-star. Maybe he's not an all-star like last year worthy of $200 million but bitching about him getting at bats is beyond stupid.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knowing Rangers history they will probably do it and then do nothing else. We signed aRod and built a mountainous pile of crap around him and over the years we have followed the same pattern.

BULLPEN FAILURE

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This sounded so bizarre that I had to look it up.

I did not realize that we've only gotten two actual full seasons out of Gallo.

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JFC

Gallo is struggling really bad but his career wrc+ is 113. That means he's a 13% above average hitter. He's also a plus defender and all-star. Maybe he's not an all-star like last year worthy of $200 million but bitching about him getting at bats is beyond stupid.

Yeah you're right. How could anyone in their right fucking mind not want to see a guy who's a lifetime .210 hitter with over 1400 AB's just keep on getting more AB's, while he's hitting a league worst .180 this season? Granted, with this squad, we almost have to play him. Why not? But going forward. Punt this self-centered, me-first Bryce Harper clone next season at whatever we can get for him!!

Hell, I wish he was Bryce Harper. ha

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah you're right. How could anyone in their right fucking mind not want to see a guy who's a lifetime .210 hitter with over 1400 AB's just keep on getting more AB's, while he's hitting a league worst .180 this season? Granted, with this squad, we almost have to play him. Why not? But going forward. Punt this self-centered, me-first Bryce Harper clone next season at whatever we can get for him!!

Hell, I wish he was Bryce Harper. ha
Come back to see us more often. Serious!

donaldson79

former loyal Hoopilist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come back to see us more often. Serious!

Thanks partner.....I appreciate it, and miss the banter with you and Eph......But frankly and honest, that's pretty much it. Not casting stones, but being open, for the most part the few remaining cohorts didn't really care for my banter to begin with.....And sorry, but I grew, have grown, and harvested myself from having to be concerned about Bennie and his lecture series. Kelley/Wastin/NC/Scotty, etc. don't give a rat's ass if I post or not.

I'll dive in and out with you/Eph and the others on occasion.......And I don't miss jta/rev and rev's daddy love - what was that A-holes name who kind of started this for us?....Can't believe I don't remember him. ha ha ha

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks partner.....I appreciate it, and miss the banter with you and Eph......But frankly and honest, that's pretty much it. Not casting stones, but being open, for the most part the few remaining cohorts didn't really care for my banter to begin with.....And sorry, but I grew, have grown, and harvested myself from having to be concerned about Bennie and his lecture series. Kelley/Wastin/NC/Scotty, etc. don't give a rat's ass if I post or not.

I'll dive in and out with you/Eph and the others on occasion.......And I don't miss jta/rev and rev's daddy love - what was that A-holes name who kind of started this for us?....Can't believe I don't remember him. ha ha ha
Well I go on record as always enjoying your post and opinions. I don't care if others do not like what you,I or anyone else post. It is mostly opinions or cut and paste. Just a fun way for me to spend my time as you can guess. Were you thinking of Romeo? By the way, Rev just rode into the sunset not to be heard of since.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Are you thinking about Romeo? Well maybe I did not take criticism as well as I should as I can be a bit contrary, but I do like to hear your input and opinion. Stay well

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you thinking about Romeo? Well maybe I did not take criticism as well as I should as I can be a bit contrary, but I do like to hear your input and opinion. Stay well
Myself. I like a wide opinion of posters.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will admit that I am quite interested in the draft pick in this final 3rd. Thinking Rangers may look a tad different next season

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Myself. I like a wide opinion of posters.
I am one other board and this one is the most critical of Rangers but also the most hardcore fans.
I still watch most all games and give it my lay man analysis.

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Woody gave one of his better post game analysis esp re Allard. Said Allard needs to work on putting away batters with two strikes. Last night he let too many go to full count and he got nailed after that.