• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

For those who haven't jumped ship, we've got a 4 game set at SEA

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some people follow the drafting / scouting / minor leagues much more closely then I do.

what little I know is that supposedly there’s a few stud players at Vanderbilt university who would be able to help us.

we need to lose enough games to get one of those guys. The rest of these games don’t matter at all. I just want to see a combination of the kids playing well and us losing a lot of games if it’s possible.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo cedes leadoff spot to Taveras

Choo, 38, also likes the talent on the Rangers. He sounded like a man who wants to help develop their young players. For example, Choo decided recently he should no longer be the leadoff hitter and be dropped down in the lineup. Looking into the future, Choo suggested to Rangers manager Chris Woodward that outfielder Leody Taveras be in the top spot. Woodward took Choo up on the suggestion, and on Friday night, Taveras led off against the Mariners, while Choo hit sixth.

“[Taveras] wants to get better every single day. [Taveras] asks a lot of questions. He asks Elvis Andrus a lot of questions,” Choo said. “Sooner or later, he will be the leadoff hitter for the Rangers. That’s what I see. It would be great to give him experience for one month, make him feel comfortable.

“Next year, nobody knows. Give him experience this year. He is a switch-hitter. He has power from both sides. He is fast. He is a great defender. I see everything, overall. He is a great person and player. I’m happy to give the leadoff spot to Taveras.”

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know some people follow the drafting / scouting / minor leagues much more closely then I do.

what little I know is that supposedly there’s a few stud players at Vanderbilt university who would be able to help us.

we need to lose enough games to get one of those guys. The rest of these games don’t matter at all. I just want to see a combination of the kids playing well and us losing a lot of games if it’s possible.

Development is everything for now. Wins don't make any difference now but development does.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wonder if we would just select a guy who would be willing to sign for less. Who knows what management would do.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd K for Joey. Must have a eye infection:L

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we lose tonight it looks like we should be tied for third worst record.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taveras will be a fine CF

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I was watching Hearn for the 1st time I like his fastball but he has a lot of work to do on his breaking pitch. And then he give us a HR on his breaking pitch to a LHer. Unless it just was not on tonight since I have not seen him much before like some of you may have.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if we would just select a guy who would be willing to sign for less. Who knows what management would do.

you’re probably right.

Our front office is so bad.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Choo cedes leadoff spot to Taveras

Choo, 38, also likes the talent on the Rangers. He sounded like a man who wants to help develop their young players. For example, Choo decided recently he should no longer be the leadoff hitter and be dropped down in the lineup. Looking into the future, Choo suggested to Rangers manager Chris Woodward that outfielder Leody Taveras be in the top spot. Woodward took Choo up on the suggestion, and on Friday night, Taveras led off against the Mariners, while Choo hit sixth.

“[Taveras] wants to get better every single day. [Taveras] asks a lot of questions. He asks Elvis Andrus a lot of questions,” Choo said. “Sooner or later, he will be the leadoff hitter for the Rangers. That’s what I see. It would be great to give him experience for one month, make him feel comfortable.

“Next year, nobody knows. Give him experience this year. He is a switch-hitter. He has power from both sides. He is fast. He is a great defender. I see everything, overall. He is a great person and player. I’m happy to give the leadoff spot to Taveras.”

Actually would have rather seen Woodward be the one to initiate and make the move be Choo manage his own spot in the order. Regardless glad to see Leody there. He will start the games at times beating out and having an infield hit

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3rd K for Joey. Must have a eye infection:L
Even an amateur like me can see his body is way ahead of his swing. Lacks coordination now. Needs a couple days off to get to the cages

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you guys seriously think we are going to sign every player under slot?
Lol
I said I wonder if we would, not that we are definitely going to. With this last draft, it wouldn't surprise me if they did again.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From mlbtraderumors.com.

Andrus himself admits that he’s been slow to adapt, saying in a quote provided by Grant, “The toughest thing for me is to not to believe my instincts during the game and to actually believe more in a piece of paper, or report. That’s where the game is right now. I think that’s what I’ve been a little hard-headed about.”

Elvis thrived under Banny. We just need Banny to get a manager position with a team that can spend a little bit, and maybe we can trade Elvis to that team.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually would have rather seen Woodward be the one to initiate and make the move be Choo manage his own spot in the order. Regardless glad to see Leody there. He will start the games at times beating out and having an infield hit
Yeah, that part is disappointing. I am still not sold on Woodward.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From mlbtraderumors.com.

Andrus himself admits that he’s been slow to adapt, saying in a quote provided by Grant, “The toughest thing for me is to not to believe my instincts during the game and to actually believe more in a piece of paper, or report. That’s where the game is right now. I think that’s what I’ve been a little hard-headed about.”

Elvis thrived under Banny. We just need Banny to get a manager position with a team that can spend a little bit, and maybe we can trade Elvis to that team.

I hated banny because of his crappy pitching changes and the “white flag” games where he would basically give all our good players The day off at the same time. Beltre, Elvis, and company would laugh it up on the bench while we were losing 10-0.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From mlbtraderumors.com.

How much time is left on Elvis's contract?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3