• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football people are becoming sensitive little girls

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This is mostly an indictment of sports media, but it especially applies to players (and coaches to a lesser extent).

The latest example of this is that Rex Ryan is being lambasted for saying Geno Smith had a "brutal" practice. All I'm hearing is "You don't do that in front of the media. You do that behind closed doors. Bla bla bla."

All I'm thinking when I hear this is that I hope for the Jets' sake that Geno isn't half as sensitive as these dorks on the radio. Did Rex hurt his little feelings? Does he need a radio host to come give him a hug?

The problem is that it's not just the media. Players have become the media with twitter, and they start crying whenever someone criticizes them. It's gotten really bad. How are you gonna keep coming when a 300 pound D-lineman squashes you if you're so fazed by a little criticism?

News flash: The NFL is a man's sport. Act like men you bunch of sissies.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The fact that Rex Ryan keeps forcing Mark Sanchez down everyone's throats leads me to believe that he is simply talking down Geno Smith in order to name Sanchez the starter.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How has he forced Sanchez down anyone's throats? He never had anything that even resembled a viable alternative.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
How has he forced Sanchez down anyone's throats? He never had anything that even resembled a viable alternative.

This.

That said, I seriously doubt Rex Ryan's offensive chops.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what he can or can't do. I don't feel like he has had any input in offensive personnel. If he did Tebow would have never been on his roster.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not saying he has had any viable options. But IMO he's been trying way too hard to back Sanchez.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the same game the media always plays, trying to make something out of nothing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying he has had any viable options. But IMO he's been trying way too hard to back Sanchez.

He said Sanchez was his guy, and supported his guy who can't handle the criticism all that well in the press to try to minimize the effect. Who did he support Sanchez over that should be on an NFL roster even?

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is mostly an indictment of sports media, but it especially applies to players (and coaches to a lesser extent).

The latest example of this is that Rex Ryan is being lambasted for saying Geno Smith had a "brutal" practice. All I'm hearing is "You don't do that in front of the media. You do that behind closed doors. Bla bla bla."

All I'm thinking when I hear this is that I hope for the Jets' sake that Geno isn't half as sensitive as these dorks on the radio. Did Rex hurt his little feelings? Does he need a radio host to come give him a hug?

The problem is that it's not just the media. Players have become the media with twitter, and they start crying whenever someone criticizes them. It's gotten really bad. How are you gonna keep coming when a 300 pound D-lineman squashes you if you're so fazed by a little criticism?

:agree:

m8rk6.jpg

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said Sanchez was his guy, and supported his guy who can't handle the criticism all that well in the press to try to minimize the effect. Who did he support Sanchez over that should be on an NFL roster even?

well, he does have a tattoo of his wife in a sanchez jersey. I think he will lose his job trying to continue to believe in the guy

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Sports radio is right on this one...

Rex Ryan is a MORON. What he said was blatantly stupid and he should be summarily thrown to the wolves because of it. Geno Smith is a player on his team, and a guy that is practicing while noticeably hurt. He is still limping badly. Who cares if he had a bad practice ?The media can make there own ascertations about that without the Ryan grandstanding.

He is a coach that has proven that he shouldn't even be allowed in an offensive meeting, let alone comment that a guy is brutal. Has he watched any Jets game film of last year? That is a talentless football team.

What he said was wrong. That needs to be done in the locker room. Its perfectly fine there.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question, Has Rex ever said this about Sanchez?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but Sports radio is right on this one...

Rex Ryan is a MORON. What he said was blatantly stupid and he should be summarily thrown to the wolves because of it. Geno Smith is a player on his team, and a guy that is practicing while noticeably hurt. He is still limping badly. Who cares if he had a bad practice ?The media can make there own ascertations about that without the Ryan grandstanding.

He is a coach that has proven that he shouldn't even be allowed in an offensive meeting, let alone comment that a guy is brutal. Has he watched any Jets game film of last year? That is a talentless football team.

What he said was wrong. That needs to be done in the locker room. Its perfectly fine there.

He didn't say Geno is brutal, he said he had a brutal practice. There is a difference. And if he is noticeably hurt, to the point it is effecting him that much... he wouldn't/shouldn't be practicing.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure he is sensitive, but he is certainly in denial. Smith is absolutely terrible. He will be the next big quarterback bust in the NFL.