• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Football Outsiders on Chris Culliver, Carlos Rogers

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Best Cornerback Charting Stats 2011

As usual, the typical caveats about the game charting apply: This is imperfect data based on the game charting project, which means it comes off limited television camera angles, and it is charted by a group of volunteers plus a handful of FO staff members. Sometimes a cornerback will benefit because he happens to be in coverage when a quarterback throws a bad pass, even if he wasn't covering close. Sometimes a cornerback will benefit from a better pass rush, because it's easier to cover when you don't need to cover for six seconds. As we always say, these stats should not be seen as absolute statements on player value. They're just part of the story.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
In my own little fantasy factory, I went on the record for wanting the following in the 2011 Draft

Ryan Mallett
Ben Ijalana
Jalil Brown
Tyler Sash
Lester Jean
Chad Spann
Jamari Lattimore
KICKER
Richard Sherman

Very happy we got the players we did!

Last edited by a moderator:

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As much as I appreciate the effort PFF puts into their analysis, I don't know that you can take their CB rankings as anything substantial. TV coverage of the defensive backfield is so minimal.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I appreciate the effort PFF puts into their analysis, I don't know that you can take their CB rankings as anything substantial. TV coverage of the defensive backfield is so minimal.

Plus one & then some.