• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Sign Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ales Hemsky - Claude Giroux - Jake Voracek
Scott Hartnell - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Jason Akeson - Sean Couturier - Matt Read
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare - Scott Laughton - Michael Raffl
Zac Rinaldo/Jay Rosehill

Mark Streit - Andrew MacDonald
Kimmo Timonen - Braydon Coburn
Luke Schenn - Zach Redmond
Oliver Lauridsen

Steve Mason
Al Montoya

Nice job! I always appreciate it when people put that much time and effort into their suggestions. Just some quick thoughts:

1) With Vinny having all of the leverage, I doubt we can move him without retaining salary
2) I think the 1st line needs a goal scorer/boardwork guy, not another pass-oriented forward
3) Hemsky would be a GREAT fit on the 2nd line (other than being a RW)
4) I'd prefer a Downie-type on the 3rd line
5) Is the 4th line too inexperienced at the NHL level?
6) That D is not good enough for the Flyers to be a Cup contender. But, as long as we understand that and are waiting for Morin/Hagg/Ghost, I'm good with it.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job! I always appreciate it when people put that much time and effort into their suggestions. Just some quick thoughts:

1) With Vinny having all of the leverage, I doubt we can move him without retaining salary
2) I think the 1st line needs a goal scorer/boardwork guy, not another pass-oriented forward
6) That D is not good enough for the Flyers to be a Cup contender. But, as long as we understand that and are waiting for Morin/Hagg/Ghost, I'm good with it.

1) Maybe if you move Vinny to Buffalo, you tell Vinny that it's not a permanent thing, that the Sabres will move him right after that - it's more of a cap move
2) I would love to have a goal scorer on that line(maybe they get Bobby Ryan as a FA, if he's not going to cost an arm and a leg) but I think Claude Giroux could have the same effect on Ales Hemsky that Anze Kopitar has had on Marian Gaborik
3) I think the second line needs to improve defensively too, offensively it is up and down but they have to be better as a whole
4) I like Jason Akeson's speed on the third line, he can create offense from Reader and Couts strong defense
5) The inexperience means nothing, let those kids play - they're way more talented than the other guys that have played on the 4th line, talent is important - those guys will learn as time goes on
6) As I said before, there aren't any quick fixes, just need to tinker and have patience, those young guys will come soon - many teams go through this cycle

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) Maybe if you move Vinny to Buffalo, you tell Vinny that it's not a permanent thing, that the Sabres will move him right after that - it's more of a cap move
2) I would love to have a goal scorer on that line(maybe they get Bobby Ryan as a FA, if he's not going to cost an arm and a leg) but I think Claude Giroux could have the same effect on Ales Hemsky that Anze Kopitar has had on Marian Gaborik
3) I think the second line needs to improve defensively too, offensively it is up and down but they have to be better as a whole
4) I like Jason Akeson's speed on the third line, he can create offense from Reader and Couts strong defense
5) The inexperience means nothing, let those kids play - they're way more talented than the other guys that have played on the 4th line, talent is important - those guys will learn as time goes on
6) As I said before, there aren't any quick fixes, just need to tinker and have patience, those young guys will come soon - many teams go through this cycle

Lines and pairings will change throughout the year. I think the important part in the offseason is to get the right collection of players, and I like what Cobie has assembled. I agree w/ JBM, I'd rather have hemsky on the second line, hartnell on the first. balances creativity and grit a little more evenly IMO.

I wouldn't be overly concerned by lack of experience on a line by line case though. They'll be on the bench with more mature guys that can help them out

Lastly, the bold in JBM's post is extremely important I think. The goal is to win a cup, not to win a cup next year.